They probably thought TNT, DHL etc deliver all the letters for us.Stormproof wrote:We've had some RM casuals start this week (0 hour contracts), one of them did'nt realise they had to go out on delivery and has been moaning to the lineos that their legs hurtI give them 2 weeks max.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
NEW & UNHAPPY
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: NEW & UNHAPPY
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: NEW & UNHAPPY
I haven't started yet, I'm due to next Monday. First day is induction then from Tuesday I'm at my office. I read this post with interest as I might find myself in a similar position, although I hope not. My role is OPG, the description was as a driver taking postmen/women to their routes, delivering some parcels and taking mis-sorts to a nearby office etc.Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:smelly_cat_lady wrote:Stop moaning or leave. Simple
Typical response from a miserable old hag who`s been in the job far too long
I hope that if I ever need advice it will be constructive and even with my non-existent experience of the RM I have to agree with JCL's comment. I know board moderators from other forums who would give that same advice to the Smelly Lady, sorry, Cat Lady. You know what I mean.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: NEW & UNHAPPY
Good luck arty,but ignore the above,chances are you'll be the office lackey for a while,pushed from pillar to post mate.the description was as a driver taking postmen/women to their routes, delivering some parcels and taking mis-sorts to a nearby office etc.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
nando
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 19 Nov 2009, 23:17
- Gender: Male
Re: NEW & UNHAPPY
I had a quiet chat to a decent line-manger as to what going on behind the scenes, mainly regarding overtime etc. And his response was you have no idea how much pressure we are under from the Area Managers. It basically cut any overtime to nil, make sure there are zero miss sorts left in the office and make sure theres hardly any customer compliants. It either do this or the lot of you are sacked!!! These are the type of office emails we are recieving from our superiors and they are not joking either. The pressure/stress on us is intence. Maybe i should make this into a thread.
My advice is dont make waves for the moment as your new. I definately wouldnt use my car. Also i would take the overtime as much as you can and try not to cull your round. The mail definately drops by approx 20% during June, July & August so it should help you finish at a decent time.
My advice is dont make waves for the moment as your new. I definately wouldnt use my car. Also i would take the overtime as much as you can and try not to cull your round. The mail definately drops by approx 20% during June, July & August so it should help you finish at a decent time.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: NEW & UNHAPPY
We know Nando ,and guess what ,your area manager gets the same with an added "you're a nutless effeminate cabbage" to boot. Tis ,I'm afraid the curse of the macho management bonus culture ,where you leave sweet reason ,logic and common sense at the door. f**k the service ,squeeze the bastards till the guts pop out;then pull back a bitnando wrote:I had a quiet chat to a decent line-manger as to what going on behind the scenes, mainly regarding overtime etc. And his response was you have no idea how much pressure we are under from the Area Managers. It basically cut any overtime to nil, make sure there are zero miss sorts left in the office and make sure theres hardly any customer compliants. It either do this or the lot of you are sacked!!! These are the type of office emails we are recieving from our superiors and they are not joking either. The pressure/stress on us is intence. Maybe i should make this into a thread.
My advice is dont make waves for the moment as your new. I definately wouldnt use my car. Also i would take the overtime as much as you can and try not to cull your round. The mail definately drops by approx 20% during June, July & August so it should help you finish at a decent time.
Bye
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
-
muddylab
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 12:33
- Gender: Male
Re: NEW & UNHAPPY
The fact is most of RMs adverts are misleading.Any outsider would think that a posties job is easy,the truth is far different.I am no longer a postie,my new job in a factory is great. When the time comes to finish there is no problem,the lights flash the line stops and we clock off and go HOME.OH AND THE MANAGERS ARE ALL HELPFUL,AS THEY WORK ALONGSIDE YOU.RMs managers are just a bunch of lying S++TS,this is something that you will learn.