ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

was it quiet today?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: was it quiet today?

Post by chunk »

lapsing it to utilize spare office capacity!
if your not finishing early you dont do lapsing.
my manager tried to get me to take lapsing out with my round i said not sure ill be finished on mine till after 1.00pm.
and then its 25min back to office.
what would i do with the lapsed bundle then ?
probably get accused of cutting off!

i do lapsing if i get back early.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
haveagojoe
Posts: 159
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 18:14
Gender: Male
Location: You Guess

Re: was it quiet today?

Post by haveagojoe »

Absolute bedlam today I,m sure the MC held stuff back yesterday cos of the footy we got hammered with everything they could throw at us,if this is the summer lull god help us when autumn pressyre kicks in. :sad:
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: was it quiet today?

Post by bigcol »

paulsmd wrote:As long us Royal Mail have postmen like you,who do not do there job properly.
You will have lapsing. The next time it will be all year round not just the summer dip.
And what will you do blame it on to the union. (I hate dick heads)
I do my job properly & i do not do lapsing.
Yeah, I'll stay out for an extra hour and a half so I don't have to do my 10 minutes of lapsing. Muppet.
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: was it quiet today?

Post by mclovin »

paulsmd wrote:
mclovin wrote:I do my lapsing, finish my walk as soon as I can. Dont use a car. Use all my bag drops. Usually finish between 12-12.30.

Sometimes I finish before the walks around me, sometimes I dont.

Gaffers not arsed as long as the lapsings done.
As long us Royal Mail have postmen like you,who do not do there job properly.
You will have lapsing. The next time it will be all year round not just the summer dip.
And what will you do blame it on to the union. (I hate dick heads)
I do my job properly & i do not do lapsing.
How is that not doing my job properly??

Would you like me to amble round staring at aeroplanes just to suit you?

If NO-ONE used their cars at my place lapsing would be an impossibility, but will they listen??? Nope.
montriff
Posts: 243
Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 17:37
Gender: Male

Re: was it quiet today?

Post by montriff »

custard wrote:saw a postie today who looked finished for the day
this was before 12
so was it quiet or is he just a lucky sod?
nah he was probally just a fulltimer :chuckle :cuppa
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: was it quiet today?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

montriff wrote:
custard wrote:saw a postie today who looked finished for the day
this was before 12
so was it quiet or is he just a lucky sod?
nah he was probally just a fulltimer :chuckle :cuppa
:so there :wink: :nervous :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: was it quiet today?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

montriff wrote:
custard wrote:saw a postie today who looked finished for the day
this was before 12
so was it quiet or is he just a lucky sod?
nah he was probally just a fulltimer :chuckle :cuppa
who hadn't stopped at any houses for coffee :nana :nana
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: was it quiet today?

Post by OnAFlyer »

Yesterday was garbage, we were on IPS 2hrs 20 and got off at 8.20. Today I was tied up just after that and the walk took an hour less than yesterday, lightest Friday for ages apart from the Sky mags.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: was it quiet today?

Post by krussel »

OnAFlyer wrote:we were on IPS 2hrs 20 and got off at 8.20.
Jesus were you on your own :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: was it quiet today?

Post by bigcol »

Image

Heavy day! :shhhhh