ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Odd Days...?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
da'bunny
Posts: 239
Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47

Re: Odd Days...?

Post by da'bunny »

motherhubbard wrote:What happens if you have more than 5 days to carry over?
Are you forced to take them before the end of the year (in which case you are forced) or do you have the "option" of just losing them?
Well if you dont use them you lose them so its best to just have some days off (of your choice if there available) rather than lose them!

Postman- yes i have odd days mainly due to NOT being allowed to have them off when i need them :arrrghhh
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
Patrick Clifton
Posts: 430
Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: Greendale

Re: Odd Days...?

Post by Patrick Clifton »

NewPostieUK wrote:
Patrick Clifton wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:Odd days? Carried over?

I get given a sheet with my holidays on, exact dates, well in advance. I take them all as I'm told, and never have any carried over.

With two kids at school, I've never had a single day when they've been off (other than Christmas), and haven't been on holiday with then for three years.

Think I'll ask about my 2011 summer hols soon, see if I can have them in august with the schools, instead if June or September.
What? Are you saying that your holiday dates are picked for you?
Exactly.
Have you never queried this? Is it only you?
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Odd Days...?

Post by baldrick »

DGP1 wrote:
motherhubbard wrote:What happens if you have more than 5 days to carry over?
Are you forced to take them before the end of the year (in which case you are forced) or do you have the "option" of just losing them?
Not in my office, I've carried over several weeks and I've known others to carry over more, it's up to the local management to agree it.
Yes you can carry over more than 5 days if your manager agrees it (Way Forward agreement 2000).
If the reason you didn't take them was sickness then they should be carried over anyway.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Odd Days...?

Post by NewPostieUK »

Patrick Clifton wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:
Patrick Clifton wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:Odd days? Carried over?

I get given a sheet with my holidays on, exact dates, well in advance. I take them all as I'm told, and never have any carried over.

With two kids at school, I've never had a single day when they've been off (other than Christmas), and haven't been on holiday with then for three years.

Think I'll ask about my 2011 summer hols soon, see if I can have them in august with the schools, instead if June or September.
What? Are you saying that your holiday dates are picked for you?
Exactly.
Have you never queried this? Is it only you?
Nope, never asked. The sheet just gets put up, and it has everyones hols on. As far as I know, nobody gets odd days to take when they like.

I'm going to see how to go about getting time off in the school hols.