ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Injury? - Help?
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Injury? - Help?
I know what you mean, I damaged the cartilage in my knee back in the '90's. That's how I know that it takes a long time to happen. In my case, it was because I wasn't lifting properly. I was turning to leave before I'd straightened up properly (we weren't warned about that during my training). But as there's so much medical evidence to say that it could just as easily have been caused by playing sports. They wouldn't accept that it was caused at work. 
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
Vinnie JG
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 31 May 2010, 01:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: Cornwall
Re: Injury? - Help?
Well this is a weird return...
First few days back after 4 weeks off, to find my route had been changed to a much nicer route all downhill and only about 50 steps on the whole route. Prob the best in the DO. Also to be upped to 32 hours from my 22.5 with the response of.. we thought you may of wanted the extra bit of cash and the management even throwing out half my round for me to help me out? (Caught the boss doing it the past few mornings!)
How is this right... when the other people who started the same time i did and who have worked every day without sick are still on 22.5 hours and not given a damn about? Do they know something i don't and are trying to keep me sweet? I hope so, as its working!!!
First few days back after 4 weeks off, to find my route had been changed to a much nicer route all downhill and only about 50 steps on the whole route. Prob the best in the DO. Also to be upped to 32 hours from my 22.5 with the response of.. we thought you may of wanted the extra bit of cash and the management even throwing out half my round for me to help me out? (Caught the boss doing it the past few mornings!)
How is this right... when the other people who started the same time i did and who have worked every day without sick are still on 22.5 hours and not given a damn about? Do they know something i don't and are trying to keep me sweet? I hope so, as its working!!!
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Injury? - Help?
They might be trying to sweeten you up, so you don't try to claim against them. Having said that: you'd have a hard time proving it, for the same reason I did. Particularly if they know about the history of Extreme Sports. But they could be trying to cover themselves, just in case you could win. 
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
Vinnie JG
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 31 May 2010, 01:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: Cornwall
Re: Injury? - Help?
They can keep it up.. i do already have a PPE case i can use in the next 3 years on them if i want.. (as when it was icey outside they sent us all out. I slipped over and injured my back.. this was before they issued me shoes.. due to them being "out of stock" funny enough when i came back i have a nice set of magnums waiting on my frame for me.. )... I'm still not going to fully trust them, even with all this..