ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No door to doors, sorry, live mail items, on frame..

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
pokos27
Posts: 657
Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: No door to doors, sorry, live mail items, on frame..

Post by pokos27 »

so no 39 hour week yet.
and paycut doing 3 sets of d2d, great.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: No door to doors, sorry, live mail items, on frame..

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

pokos27 wrote:so no 39 hour week yet.
and paycut doing 3 sets of d2d, great.

arrrghhh - I am not sure how many times I have to post this before people who have not read the agreement in full understand it but I hope its not too many times. (BTW not aimed at the OP just that the same questions keep being answered and in the same way).

In fact its one of the really clear parts of the agreement:

Page 71 says:

Shorter Working Week

To be implemented in all Delivery Units in line with the Walk Sequencing revision.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: No door to doors, sorry, live mail items, on frame..

Post by Big Daz »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
pokos27 wrote:so no 39 hour week yet.
and paycut doing 3 sets of d2d, great.

arrrghhh - I am not sure how many times I have to post this before people who have not read the agreement in full but I hope its not too many times. (BTW not aimed at the OP just that the same questions keep being answered by the same answer).

In fact its one of the really clear parts of the agreement:

Page 71 says:

Shorter Working Week

To be implemented in all Delivery Units in line with the Walk Sequencing revision.


All RMC posters that have not read the agreement yet in full, please do so, it will answer many of your questions and proably you'll end up with a whole new set of questions!!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: No door to doors, sorry, live mail items, on frame..

Post by POSTMAN »

Big Daz wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
pokos27 wrote:so no 39 hour week yet.
and paycut doing 3 sets of d2d, great.

arrrghhh - I am not sure how many times I have to post this before people who have not read the agreement in full but I hope its not too many times. (BTW not aimed at the OP just that the same questions keep being answered by the same answer).

In fact its one of the really clear parts of the agreement:

Page 71 says:

Shorter Working Week

To be implemented in all Delivery Units in line with the Walk Sequencing revision.


All RMC posters that have not read the agreement yet in full, please do so, it will answer many of your questions and proably you'll end up with a whole new set of questions!!
Which is here...
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... -_2010.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: No door to doors, sorry, live mail items, on frame..

Post by dblad »

Question, what is an enabler :confused
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: No door to doors, sorry, live mail items, on frame..

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dblad wrote:Question, what is an enabler :confused
someone that helps an alcoholic get a drink I think http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-enabler.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :chuckle :chuckle

In all seriousness it depends on the context and if the question is in relation to the way its used in the Image agreement then I have never had an answer as to its meaning at work, calling the CWU or on here.

My guess is that the walk length can be used to reflect the duty length when they combine indoor work. That means to keep 8 hour duties they can use the walk span (increasing it) to fill out a duty :sad: .

IMHO I think that the CWU and RM have reached the limit of how much they can accept to keep FT duties. At some point they have to realise that protecting FT duties is going to cost too much at shop floor level and then we will probably have to move to shorter attendances or a SWW.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.