ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationship?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationsh

Post by POSTMAN »

dvbuk55 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:With regards to a new relationship,some will get it some wont,a lot of it depends on the,dare i say it,the dangly bits between your legs.
And what it should depend on is being represented by a strong union and not one that subscribes to "winners and losers".
I with you on on the win/lose malarky,not too interested in HQ tbh the deal is here and it's not going away,i guess i'm lucky my branch is a gooden and so is my div.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationsh

Post by BELIAL »

One little thread puts it all in a nutshell. More work for less money and just you be grateful for it. There's lots not worthy and proud of it :roll:
Bye
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationsh

Post by BELIAL »

POSTMAN wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:With regards to a new relationship,some will get it some wont,a lot of it depends on the,dare i say it,the dangly bits between your legs.
And what it should depend on is being represented by a strong union and not one that subscribes to "winners and losers".
I with you on on the win/lose malarky,not too interested in HQ tbh the deal is here and it's not going away,i guess i'm lucky my branch is a gooden and so is my div.
And with the rest of the country slaughtered , how long do you think you will hold out? :sad:
Bye
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationsh

Post by POSTMAN »

BELIAL wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:With regards to a new relationship,some will get it some wont,a lot of it depends on the,dare i say it,the dangly bits between your legs.
And what it should depend on is being represented by a strong union and not one that subscribes to "winners and losers".
I with you on on the win/lose malarky,not too interested in HQ tbh the deal is here and it's not going away,i guess i'm lucky my branch is a gooden and so is my div.
And with the rest of the country slaughtered , how long do you think you will hold out? :sad:
We used the P&M agreement to our advantage,this agreement will be the same.

Interestingly,the talk tonight on del spans and part timers ect,if anything the rest of the country could come out of it well.
Don't forget the majority of you have a shed load of part timers,when the revisions are put through (properly)because you have so much indoor work your out door work will be limited.
Down here there is a lot of scope for extra out door work because of the lack of part timers.

The tide could be turning on the streets of gold. :shock:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationsh

Post by BELIAL »

POSTMAN wrote:
BELIAL wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:With regards to a new relationship,some will get it some wont,a lot of it depends on the,dare i say it,the dangly bits between your legs.
And what it should depend on is being represented by a strong union and not one that subscribes to "winners and losers".
I with you on on the win/lose malarky,not too interested in HQ tbh the deal is here and it's not going away,i guess i'm lucky my branch is a gooden and so is my div.
And with the rest of the country slaughtered , how long do you think you will hold out? :sad:
We used the P&M agreement to our advantage,this agreement will be the same.

Interestingly,the talk tonight on del spans and part timers ect,if anything the rest of the country could come out of it well.
Don't forget the majority of you have a shed load of part timers,when the revisions are put through (properly)because you have so much indoor work your out door work will be limited.
Down here there is a lot of scope for extra out door work because of the lack of part timers.

The tide could be turning on the streets of gold. :shock:
Honestly , I hope you are 100% spot on, but Experience and a little nagging doubt says otherwise. And in the back of your mind ,you know full well which way the tide is flowing :sad:
Bye
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationsh

Post by dvbuk55 »

Postman, you would imagine that a 60/40 split FT/PT there would be suffcient indoor work to absorb the hours, sadly that is not the case and it is and will continue to shrink. It must be difficult to maintain indoor work on a 10 hour day and I don't envy the bloke who is going to have to justify it.

There is going to be a hiatus between the 1st and 2nd lift probably and that time will have to be absorbed.

Judging from the comments of some managers and union reps today, the plans for the future seem to be anything but planned - Fred Karno lives!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationsh

Post by POSTMAN »

dv,as you may know we've had our interim revision.
RM figures were used and RM are happy with what has come out,interestingly our DOM was worried that we had absorbed too much!
Without going into too much detail we are absolutely nowhere near a 60/40 split,if anything its 90/10!

Please note again we are using RM figures,add WSM and while i'm obviously still worried,judging by the way RM operate here,we will or should not get hammered.

Will update you on this in 12 months time. :nervous

Things HAVE to be different,don't forget a lot of you have had part timers thrust onto you,with no regard for facts and figures.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationsh

Post by dvbuk55 »

POSTMAN wrote:dv,as you may know we've had our interim revision.
RM figures were used and RM are happy with what has come out,interestingly our DOM was worried that we had absorbed too much!
Without going into too much detail we are absolutely nowhere near a 60/40 split,if anything its 90/10!

Please note again we are using RM figures,add WSM and while i'm obviously still worried,judging by the way RM operate here,we will or should not get hammered.

Will update you on this in 12 months time. :nervous

Things HAVE to be different,don't forget a lot of you have had part timers thrust onto you,with no regard for facts and figures.
That is certainly true pmn, and that was the sop to soak up the excess hours - not forgetting of course buy down which was sanctioned by the union and no limit was placed on the take up. Even after the agreement and with a 60/40 split only part time jobs are being offered................... read into that what you will.
The essential facts are that indoor work is shrinking and you cannot expect all that excess to be absorbed into outdoor duty time and of course the fact that retiring at 60 is now out, courtesy of a weak union and that it will be 65, 66, 67, 68 and maybe even longer.
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationsh

Post by andy2007 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
dingo wrote:Dvbuk I took 20 days strike action last year , so much for falling at the first hurdle. Plus we have managed to get a lot of good things back including 4 day weeks.

Tell me what have you achieved in your office. What benefits have you acheived.

I dont just a good fight , I lead one.
What a load of cods wallop - you harp on as though the world would stop if dingo wasn't spouting rubbish - it won't. London went on strike for twenty days and the end result was zilch - so some leadership there then. Now on the national strike and you seem to think you are a spokesperson for the CWU - they caved in after two days for an interim agreement that meant nothing, as a prelude to, and I quote you here, "the deal of the century" :chuckle

Answer the question oh wise one - what is a fair and manageable workload and what amount of indoor work can feasibly be translated to outdoor work - you don't know because you don't work and haven't done for years. The reason why we know how a delivery office works is because we WORK in one.
Not neccessarily dvbuk55. You seem to be under the misaprehension that Dingo had control over the cave in. That was a decision made at HQ.

Now I agree with you about Dingo's IMHO, misguided belief in the agreement. But to accuse him of failing to support the members in his area, when none of us know who he is, is going much too far. There are some areas, where regardless of what their personal attitudes are, the Reps stand by their members, and work damn hard for us. It's obvious from many of the posts on here, that I'm one of the lucky ones. And that there are areas, where they're let down. But please don't jump to conclusions about people. There's often a difference between a Rep's personal beliefs (which is what we discuss on here) and what they fight for, for their members. :hmmmm

Having said that. I'd like to know what Dingo thinks is a fair and above all, SAFE workload. Because that's a vital question at the moment. Particularly considering the fact that even a Marine struggled to cope with the CURRENT Delivery workload. So increasing that workload, could potentially put thousands of people's health and safety at risk! :shock:
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationsh

Post by Lincox »

Yeah, and this is a question that Dingo does not seem to want to answer.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationsh

Post by dvbuk55 »

andy2007 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
dingo wrote:Dvbuk I took 20 days strike action last year , so much for falling at the first hurdle. Plus we have managed to get a lot of good things back including 4 day weeks.

Tell me what have you achieved in your office. What benefits have you acheived.

I dont just a good fight , I lead one.
What a load of cods wallop - you harp on as though the world would stop if dingo wasn't spouting rubbish - it won't. London went on strike for twenty days and the end result was zilch - so some leadership there then. Now on the national strike and you seem to think you are a spokesperson for the CWU - they caved in after two days for an interim agreement that meant nothing, as a prelude to, and I quote you here, "the deal of the century" :chuckle

Answer the question oh wise one - what is a fair and manageable workload and what amount of indoor work can feasibly be translated to outdoor work - you don't know because you don't work and haven't done for years. The reason why we know how a delivery office works is because we WORK in one.
Not neccessarily dvbuk55. You seem to be under the misaprehension that Dingo had control over the cave in. That was a decision made at HQ.

Now I agree with you about Dingo's IMHO, misguided belief in the agreement. But to accuse him of failing to support the members in his area, when none of us know who he is, is going much too far. There are some areas, where regardless of what their personal attitudes are, the Reps stand by their members, and work damn hard for us. It's obvious from many of the posts on here, that I'm one of the lucky ones. And that there are areas, where they're let down. But please don't jump to conclusions about people. There's often a difference between a Rep's personal beliefs (which is what we discuss on here) and what they fight for, for their members. :hmmmm

Having said that. I'd like to know what Dingo thinks is a fair and above all, SAFE workload. Because that's a vital question at the moment. Particularly considering the fact that even a Marine struggled to cope with the CURRENT Delivery workload. So increasing that workload, could potentially put thousands of people's health and safety at risk! :shock:
No I don't blame Dingo FOR the return to work, for the interim agreement or the agreement itself but for the persistence in defending all aspects of those positions in the face of obvious opposition to it.

I have no idea what his position within the CWU hierarchy is but he appears to be close to the leadership and have dealings with those whose misguided idea of what is and is not fair and equal - the "winners and losers" mentality which seems to be rife nowadays and instead of rectifying that position actually defends it.

I cannot see anywhere in any of my many posts in criticism of dingo where I have accused him of not supporting his local membership and have actually praised him for his stance over the years in defence of them - BUT - he speaks of matters concerning a wider application nationally and that is where we differ. Whilst he defends the CWU and their representation of the membership then we will always be at odds - but his personal representation of HIS members has never, in my mind, been in doubt.
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationsh

Post by andy2007 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
andy2007 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
dingo wrote:Dvbuk I took 20 days strike action last year , so much for falling at the first hurdle. Plus we have managed to get a lot of good things back including 4 day weeks.

Tell me what have you achieved in your office. What benefits have you acheived.

I dont just a good fight , I lead one.
What a load of cods wallop - you harp on as though the world would stop if dingo wasn't spouting rubbish - it won't. London went on strike for twenty days and the end result was zilch - so some leadership there then. Now on the national strike and you seem to think you are a spokesperson for the CWU - they caved in after two days for an interim agreement that meant nothing, as a prelude to, and I quote you here, "the deal of the century" :chuckle

Answer the question oh wise one - what is a fair and manageable workload and what amount of indoor work can feasibly be translated to outdoor work - you don't know because you don't work and haven't done for years. The reason why we know how a delivery office works is because we WORK in one.
Not neccessarily dvbuk55. You seem to be under the misaprehension that Dingo had control over the cave in. That was a decision made at HQ.

Now I agree with you about Dingo's IMHO, misguided belief in the agreement. But to accuse him of failing to support the members in his area, when none of us know who he is, is going much too far. There are some areas, where regardless of what their personal attitudes are, the Reps stand by their members, and work damn hard for us. It's obvious from many of the posts on here, that I'm one of the lucky ones. And that there are areas, where they're let down. But please don't jump to conclusions about people. There's often a difference between a Rep's personal beliefs (which is what we discuss on here) and what they fight for, for their members. :hmmmm

Having said that. I'd like to know what Dingo thinks is a fair and above all, SAFE workload. Because that's a vital question at the moment. Particularly considering the fact that even a Marine struggled to cope with the CURRENT Delivery workload. So increasing that workload, could potentially put thousands of people's health and safety at risk! :shock:
No I don't blame Dingo FOR the return to work, for the interim agreement or the agreement itself but for the persistence in defending all aspects of those positions in the face of obvious opposition to it.

I have no idea what his position within the CWU hierarchy is but he appears to be close to the leadership and have dealings with those whose misguided idea of what is and is not fair and equal - the "winners and losers" mentality which seems to be rife nowadays and instead of rectifying that position actually defends it.

I cannot see anywhere in any of my many posts in criticism of dingo where I have accused him of not supporting his local membership and have actually praised him for his stance over the years in defence of them - BUT - he speaks of matters concerning a wider application nationally and that is where we differ. Whilst he defends the CWU and their representation of the membership then we will always be at odds - but his personal representation of HIS members has never, in my mind, been in doubt.
Sorry dvbuk55. I thought the bit I've highlighted was a criticism of his leadership, and commitment to his Members. :oops:

I do agree with you about Dingo's persistence in defending the agreement, and HQ's stance. But for all that either of us knows, he could be taking a completely different line in his official capacity. I've come across situations in the past (as I'm sure most of us have), where one of my Reps has tried to convince us to change our minds about a particular issue. But once we've voted, has fought hard for us, despite his personal opinion.

For all I know, Dingo might not be doing this. But then again, he might be. I simply don't know.

Sorry if I caused you any offence, by my misinterpritation of your post.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: PEC etc - are you still hopefull for our new realationsh

Post by dvbuk55 »

andy2007 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
andy2007 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
dingo wrote:Dvbuk I took 20 days strike action last year , so much for falling at the first hurdle. Plus we have managed to get a lot of good things back including 4 day weeks.

Tell me what have you achieved in your office. What benefits have you acheived.

I dont just a good fight , I lead one.
What a load of cods wallop - you harp on as though the world would stop if dingo wasn't spouting rubbish - it won't. London went on strike for twenty days and the end result was zilch - so some leadership there then. Now on the national strike and you seem to think you are a spokesperson for the CWU - they caved in after two days for an interim agreement that meant nothing, as a prelude to, and I quote you here, "the deal of the century" :chuckle

Answer the question oh wise one - what is a fair and manageable workload and what amount of indoor work can feasibly be translated to outdoor work - you don't know because you don't work and haven't done for years. The reason why we know how a delivery office works is because we WORK in one.
Not neccessarily dvbuk55. You seem to be under the misaprehension that Dingo had control over the cave in. That was a decision made at HQ.

Now I agree with you about Dingo's IMHO, misguided belief in the agreement. But to accuse him of failing to support the members in his area, when none of us know who he is, is going much too far. There are some areas, where regardless of what their personal attitudes are, the Reps stand by their members, and work damn hard for us. It's obvious from many of the posts on here, that I'm one of the lucky ones. And that there are areas, where they're let down. But please don't jump to conclusions about people. There's often a difference between a Rep's personal beliefs (which is what we discuss on here) and what they fight for, for their members. :hmmmm

Having said that. I'd like to know what Dingo thinks is a fair and above all, SAFE workload. Because that's a vital question at the moment. Particularly considering the fact that even a Marine struggled to cope with the CURRENT Delivery workload. So increasing that workload, could potentially put thousands of people's health and safety at risk! :shock:
No I don't blame Dingo FOR the return to work, for the interim agreement or the agreement itself but for the persistence in defending all aspects of those positions in the face of obvious opposition to it.

I have no idea what his position within the CWU hierarchy is but he appears to be close to the leadership and have dealings with those whose misguided idea of what is and is not fair and equal - the "winners and losers" mentality which seems to be rife nowadays and instead of rectifying that position actually defends it.

I cannot see anywhere in any of my many posts in criticism of dingo where I have accused him of not supporting his local membership and have actually praised him for his stance over the years in defence of them - BUT - he speaks of matters concerning a wider application nationally and that is where we differ. Whilst he defends the CWU and their representation of the membership then we will always be at odds - but his personal representation of HIS members has never, in my mind, been in doubt.
Sorry dvbuk55. I thought the bit I've highlighted was a criticism of his leadership, and commitment to his Members. :oops:

I do agree with you about Dingo's persistence in defending the agreement, and HQ's stance. But for all that either of us knows, he could be taking a completely different line in his official capacity. I've come across situations in the past (as I'm sure most of us have), where one of my Reps has tried to convince us to change our minds about a particular issue. But once we've voted, has fought hard for us, despite his personal opinion.

For all I know, Dingo might not be doing this. But then again, he might be. I simply don't know.

Sorry if I caused you any offence, by my misinterpritation of your post.
No apology necessary Andy - I never take offence at anything anyone says - this is a forum, we enter and post, sometimes it must be difficult to moderate and I certainly appreciate this platform and the time you guys spend keeping us in line. :Applause