ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2D prep

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: D2D prep

Post by Pat Ostman »

silverback wrote:
mclovin wrote:Nah fold them together take them out behind the bundle, best way.
Not an option in my area...that would lead to conduct issues.
Where I am, the reserve on my duty atm does not cold call and I find the street he should have done still has D2D's to be done the following day (after my day off).
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: D2D prep

Post by fishtank »

silverback wrote:
mclovin wrote:Nah fold them together take them out behind the bundle, best way.
Not an option in my area...that would lead to conduct issues.
Not an option in any area,it's national.

•Note: D2D items should not be merged with other mails at the doorstep.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: D2D prep

Post by mclovin »

I'll do them my way, until such time i'm told otherwise.
silverback
Posts: 166
Joined: 02 Sep 2008, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: D2D prep

Post by silverback »

Pat Ostman wrote:
silverback wrote:
mclovin wrote:Nah fold them together take them out behind the bundle, best way.
Not an option in my area...that would lead to conduct issues.
Where I am, the reserve on my duty atm does not cold call and I find the street he should have done still has D2D's to be done the following day (after my day off).
Highlight this to your line manager. As long as you deliver the agreed 1/6th per day to the agreed delivery points for that day, you are performing your duty 100% correctly. Your reserve can be conducted for willful delay (after the interim period has expired), as these d2d`s are now live mail. People have got to get away from thinking they can be treated as before. They MUST be treated as live mail the 1/6th that has been prepped for that day. The only exceptions are to be agreed with cwu and dom and are deep rural delivery points that cold calling would cause excessive time to the delivery. These can be prepped on Monday and delivered at some point that week when they get mail. I stress that this is an exception and not a rule, and must be agreed prior.
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: D2D prep

Post by mclovin »

wrong on both counts.

Cant even drive so a car would be pretty bloody useless.

I'll put the d2d's together the way I always have until such time I'm told otherwise by the manager.

I have changed from doing 75% on a Monday to the agreed 16% per day.
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Re: D2D prep

Post by woofwoof »

mclovin wrote:wrong on both counts.

Cant even drive so a car would be pretty bloody useless.

I'll put the d2d's together the way I always have until such time I'm told otherwise by the manager.

I have changed from doing 75% on a Monday to the agreed 16% per day.
the first then as aint it d2d into workload not as you like
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: D2D prep

Post by mclovin »

wtf are you on about??

Im doing them in workload as per 16% per day.

What does it matter whether I put them in the frame or not, the time it takes to put 3 together wont be much different to putting them in the frame.

In any case I only do 30-40 per bag per day. Not 3/4 of a row or whatever. Due to flats I couldnt possibly carry that kind of weight.
Geezer
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1347
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 21:01

Re: D2D prep

Post by Geezer »

[/quote]

Highlight this to your line manager. As long as you deliver the agreed 1/6th per day to the agreed delivery points for that day, you are performing your duty 100% correctly. Your reserve can be conducted for willful delay (after the interim period has expired), as these d2d`s are now live mail. People have got to get away from thinking they can be treated as before. They MUST be treated as live mail the 1/6th that has been prepped for that day. The only exceptions are to be agreed with cwu and dom and are deep rural delivery points that cold calling would cause excessive time to the delivery. These can be prepped on Monday and delivered at some point that week when they get mail. I stress that this is an exception and not a rule, and must be agreed prior.

We were told that we had to cold call no matter what !
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: D2D prep

Post by Martin Walsh »

Door to door is now in workload and now will come under protentially the conduct code and the wilful delay policy.

Thats why the guidelines were agreed and many offices have resorted to colour coding the frames so the 1/6th is clearly seen.

You should not be folding the items together and clearly that will reduce the response rate from the door to door contracts.

Carrying door to door and inserting them is clearly a fudge and is because people are chasing time. Some DOMs will allow this to happen as they believe this will stop them having to pay extra hourage but it will do nothing for door to door quality or protecting hours within the office.

It will also protentially casue the rest day cover or reserve in a problem if they then do something different.

I believe the guidelines should be followed.They are agreed guidelines and have been agreed for a reason, and theres no point in the union agreeing the guidelines if you do door to door in this way.
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Re: D2D prep

Post by woofwoof »

dingo wrote:Door to door is now in workload and now will come under protentially the conduct code and the wilful delay policy.

Thats why the guidelines were agreed and many offices have resorted to colour coding the frames so the 1/6th is clearly seen.

You should not be folding the items together and clearly that will reduce the response rate from the door to door contracts.

Carrying door to door and inserting them is clearly a fudge and is because people are chasing time. Some DOMs will allow this to happen as they believe this will stop them having to pay extra hourage but it will do nothing for door to door quality or protecting hours within the office.

It will also protentially casue the rest day cover or reserve in a problem if they then do something different.

I believe the guidelines should be followed.They are agreed guidelines and have been agreed for a reason, and theres no point in the union agreeing the guidelines if you do door to door in this way.
is there any chance the cwu hq could get this across to the members cos ive had enough now

thanks dingo for the reply
Guevarista
Posts: 79
Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 17:38
Gender: Male

Re: D2D prep

Post by Guevarista »

I'm doing mine according to agreement spec, which today (Tues.) meant a LOT of 'cold calls'. This obviously meant my finish was a lot later than usual - meaning that further on in the week my DOM won't be able to attempt that old bulls**t line: "Well, you might be going over today, but what about Tuesday?"
The other interesting thing was that 3 customers went to the bother of running down the street after me to return the 3 items and let me know in no uncertain terms what they think about 'bloody junk mail!' :crazy:
Danelectro
Posts: 1058
Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02

Re: D2D prep

Post by Danelectro »

fishtank wrote:I think it pre-dates the D2D into workload issue and is part of the original D2D agreement.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 22&t=11243" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would imagine while it's an interim arrangement managers will turn a blind eye but after a revision that may change.
The idea is to drive up the quality of the D2D product and both of these practices go against that.
Taking them out in bundles slows you down on delivery and RM will not have that. :chuckle
taking them out in bundles on delivery may slow you down but so does trying to put them into a packed frame with double slots etc,either way there is a lot of blind eyes being turned by Royal Mail and senior CWU reps.

For instance when asked at the workshop if people may have to be moved from their office if they couldnt drive (CDV) the DIV rep took me aside and said we dont want to ask too many awkward questions and back Royal Mail into a corner! Incredifuckingbubble!
mondeoman1
Posts: 133
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 18:19
Gender: Male

Re: D2D prep

Post by mondeoman1 »

I have to prep 150 d2ds a day, I've prepped them into the frame after all mail is in.
It is a pain and you end up holding the dividers with one hand whilst placing d2ds in, anyway I have now worked 24hrs and 40 mins in three days and will be working minimum of 17hrs and 20 mins tomorrow and Friday.
This is 42 hours so I will be booking 2 hours docket. I have informed the dom who keeps saying he will do something about it.
If he doesn't I will just keep booking docket or cut off.
The d2ds are now incorporated into workload but some people are still taking them home or coming in early to prep them, fecking idiots. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
PostieWithTheMostie!
Posts: 322
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 18:46
Gender: Male

Re: D2D prep

Post by PostieWithTheMostie! »

I found mail inside the D2D last week when the D2D was boxed into the slots.. I have multiple addresses per slot for the majority of my frame. How long before its a payslip, giro, a cheque or small birthday card that slides inside a prepped D2D without us realising and its went through someone else's door and straight into the bin...? Fu*k it, if thats the way RM want it done, they can deal with the complaints.
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Re: D2D prep

Post by woofwoof »

have the work place coaches been trained on this