NewPostieUK wrote:What I mean is, when there is no answer, I post a card, and put the packet back in my bag. That packet has to stay in my bag until I finish. When I pick my next bag, it will be 11Kg, plus any packets still in my bag. I could leave packets in the pouch box, but no one would pick it up, and I'm certainly not going to walk around pouch boxes after my walk.
I could of course see the DOM, and let him 'manage' the problem, but I'd just prefer to have a good excuse not to take them in the first place.
why not? whats harder
delivering with a bag or cutting and collecting your P739 packets for pouching?
I have a porch on del where I leave packets as this is allways unlocked and thats were the letters go making it the offical delivery point for the property.
Big Daz wrote:I have a porch on del where I leave packets as this is allways unlocked and thats were the letters go making it the offical delivery point for the property.
So if the packet/parcel is delivered to the 'official delivery point' i.e where the letterbox is then that is 100% OK?
Your first point of delivery is the letterbox. If it won't fit thru then knock. No one in? P739 it. If you've got too many docket lefts to carry then ring your driver to come and get them. If he won't then ring a manager and tell them you can't carry on delivering because your bag is full of docket lefts. I think you'll find someone will soon appear but get clarification from your rep.
Don't be tempted to door stop unless you have a letter from the customer stating clearly they accept responsibility for anything that goes missing. It has happened to me when I door stopped something on a sat to save a customer coming into the DO and it went 'missing'. My a*se was in a sling and the customer got a freebie from M&S.
The letterbox is in the porch and the porch is unlocked. Therefore anything that does not fit through letterbox is placed inside porch with items that do go through the letterbox. Simply a different method of getting the mail the other side of the door.
The letterbox is in the porch and the porch is unlocked.
I have to odd one of these,so are people saying that if i post a letter and it gets nicked and the porch is unlocked i will get busted?
Bollox will i,i aint checking every porch i come to.
Also if it's good enough for letters,it's good enough for packets.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
The letterbox is in the porch and the porch is unlocked.
I have to odd one of these,so are people saying that if i post a letter and it gets nicked and the porch is unlocked i will get busted?
Bollox will i,i aint checking every porch i come to.
Also if it's good enough for letters,it's good enough for packets.
Yes, you put the letters through the box into the porch, and it's then going to look suspicious if you check if the inner door is locked or not.
The letterbox is in the porch and the porch is unlocked.
I have to odd one of these,so are people saying that if i post a letter and it gets nicked and the porch is unlocked i will get busted?
Bollox will i,i aint checking every porch i come to.
Also if it's good enough for letters,it's good enough for packets.
Yes, you put the letters through the box into the porch, and it's then going to look suspicious if you check if the inner door is locked or not.
Also putting letters through the door its impossible to tell if its locked or not. Actually opening the door kind of confirms it if someone with nefarious intentions is watching you. However, as long as your careful and the householder is aware of and willing for you to take the risk, you still ultimately still have the final decision.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.