ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

"Quick question"

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: "Quick question"

Post by fishtank »

POSTMAN wrote: I'm talking short term while he is waiting for the 'tools of the job'.

That's the point POSTMAN,what is the short term?
6 months,1 year,3 years.....never. :shock: Remember Leighton's tools for the job promise. :nervous
The goal posts are being moved on a daily basis.....half-assed D2D guidelines,no vans,no trolleys,no georoute revisions and we are getting screwed over,
Meanwhile if this guy wants his 1 in 4 saturdays off he will no doubt have to extend his delivery without the tools for the job to protect his long term health.
I think the only "tools" for this job are us. :sad:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: "Quick question"

Post by POSTMAN »

fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote: I'm talking short term while he is waiting for the 'tools of the job'.

That's the point POSTMAN,what is the short term?
6 months,1 year,3 years.....never. :shock: Remember Leighton's tools for the job promise. :nervous
The goal posts are being moved on a daily basis.....half-assed D2D guidelines,no vans,no trolleys,no georoute revisions and we are getting screwed over,
Meanwhile if this guy wants his 1 in 4 saturdays off he will no doubt have to extend his delivery without the tools for the job to protect his long term health.
I think the only "tools" for this job are us. :sad:
They are not going to leave offices without a revision,yes it may take 3 years but everyone will have one.
You will argue they wont,then good for them possibly,no cuts.
If RM come in for cuts without a proper revision,then i will refer them to my growing the you know what speech.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: "Quick question"

Post by Big Daz »

I would like to see figures for deivery duties showing how many are walking and how many are Cycle and how many are HCT.

My D.O has one HCT delivery duty to deliver the town centre, urban delivery duties are bikes and two village deliveries are bikes.

However there is a bike per OPG at my D.O, so RML could easily remove some and give to D.Os without, as a weight on del solution.

I reckon we could spare 15 to 20 bikes, by simply reverting to a bike per bike duty and a suitable number of spares.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: "Quick question"

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dingo wrote:
Dogs of War wrote:Dingo in your opinion are delivery postmen and women taking a major pay cut the next three years?
No I dont think all postman on delivery are taking a pay cut, the figures show that the average door to door payment was £12 , yes some were above that figure and including the d2d barons but a lot were below that line. Door to Door was only paid based on contracts received and the average was 2.1 per office.
That makes an average walk using your figures 342 (based on 1.67 per item) wish I had one of the average duties mines nearly double that :Very Happy

Mind you it does depend on how the average was worked out, and I cant comment on that as I don't know.

Was everyone in deliveries included or just those on delivery duties.
Was everyone on delivery duties included like drivers delivering 12 (yes 12 on one duty) or those delivering D2Ds for a majority of their duty.
Were all OPGs doing delivery work included in the average, or only those claiming.

All of these would affect the figure to a greater or lesser degree and this probably explains why walking posties are aggrieved and nearly everyone else happy enough.

BTW this is not a post aimed at anyone just one that tries to put forward a delivering posties point of view.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.