Not really. We're meant to have time in our duties to do them so therefore if they're done at the start of the week, in your duty time, then there's no need to be throwing them up on the busy days of Thurs/Fri etc. I've never understood why people leave it until late in the week to do it, that was my point.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D's - Conduct code if one sixth not delivered daily !
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D's - Conduct code if one sixth not delivered daily !
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: D2D's - Conduct code if one sixth not delivered daily !
I don't think I've articulated my point very well... All I was saying was that I've never understood why people leave their D2Ds until Thurs/Fri anyway. I know people (on walks using pouches) that used to complain how much heavier it was. So why not get rid of the majority of them earlier in the week?! Then you have more or less, just mail to deliver on the Thurs/Fri. Don't add to your pouch weight by adding a shed load of leaflets on the heaviest days when you could've already got rid of them earlier in the week when it was lighter.POSTMAN wrote:Not really. We're meant to have time in our duties to do them so therefore if they're done at the start of the week, in your duty time, then there's no need to be throwing them up on the busy days of Thurs/Fri etc. I've never understood why people leave it until late in the week to do it, that was my point.
I admit, it's not part of the original topic, but a comment on the "coming in and doing them Thurs/Fri".
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D's - Conduct code if one sixth not delivered daily !
fishtank wrote:I understand what your rep is trying to do.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Yesterday, in a very brief chat with our union rep, I was advised to write "excess door to door" in the cause section for any extended delivery overtime. I trust our rep, so withour knowing more about what was going down, I entered just that for my extra time on the round...
ONly thing that concerned me was that nobody else before me claiming extended delivery had written this, perhaps because they were part-timers would had not joined the union.
He is trying to flag up the fact that no time has been allocated for D2D but to be honest D2D is just mail so excess mail volumes or excess traffic would do just the same.
I would add door to door in brackets to that on the overtimesheet,
-
kjm
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 21:10
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D's - Conduct code if one sixth not delivered daily !
Came in today to find that d2d not done yesterday.Frame has been broken into 6 equal blocks,re;1 block per day.That left 2 lots to do this morn.Lino says they need clearing.Not as long as i,ve got an hole in my arse,says i.I,m doing my 1/6 and thats it.There was talk of sending the culprit out with remainder this morning.Don,t know what happened,but that,s their prob.Tits up already.