lainey wrote:and the person who covers your duty on your day off has to do the share as well because they are getting the payment
No they don't have to do it because "they are getting the payment", the payment has nothing to do with D2Ds.
They have to deliver D2Ds because that's the collective agreement, and now part of their employment contract.
Fishyfingers wrote:
When do the indoor workers do there share as they get the payment as well?
What payment - We don't get paid separately for D2Ds any more, ever, in any way.
We do however get a Delivery Supplement for working in the delivery function.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
How do your offices know what D2D's have been done on each walk? Manager just phoned me in bed because its my day off 'Hi what D2D's have been done and what haven't because whoever's doing your walk doesn't know.' Obviously this could happen every week surely theres a way off knowing who's done want,or should I be leaving post-it notes everyday on the frame saying what i've done?
I have had a chat with our DOM about this issue and I have agreed that all the frames will have a sixth of the frame marked up with Monday to Friday,every day a sixth will go out whether the duty holder,float or reserve is on the round that particular day,also this should avoid too many bags to take out on heavy days if the contracts get bigger as the amount will be spread as it should be.
That way everyone knows what they have to do whatever frame they are on and no poor sod will be shoved on a round on a Saturday and find that none of the D2Ds have been done and has to do them all.
ad0128 wrote:Local agreement in my office is 20% a day with saturday free
I'm assuming this is due to the 12.30 finish which is tight anyway. Extra work would mean cut-offs or OT
Read back what you have written and tell me whether this 'local agrement' is a good thing?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Yesterday, in a very brief chat with our union rep, I was advised to write "excess door to door" in the cause section for any extended delivery overtime. I trust our rep, so withour knowing more about what was going down, I entered just that for my extra time on the round...
ONly thing that concerned me was that nobody else before me claiming extended delivery had written this, perhaps because they were part-timers would had not joined the union.
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Yesterday, in a very brief chat with our union rep, I was advised to write "excess door to door" in the cause section for any extended delivery overtime. I trust our rep, so withour knowing more about what was going down, I entered just that for my extra time on the round...
ONly thing that concerned me was that nobody else before me claiming extended delivery had written this, perhaps because they were part-timers would had not joined the union.
I understand what your rep is trying to do.
He is trying to flag up the fact that no time has been allocated for D2D but to be honest D2D is just mail so excess mail volumes or excess traffic would do just the same.
Well, I just throw them up on the Saturday/Monday morning and take them where I'm going all week. If I've got any left on Friday with no mail, I take them then.
All gone within 5 days and very little extra work going on. Plus, getting rid on the "quieter" days, means not as heavy on the "heavy" days.
Aprilaydee wrote:Well, I just throw them up on the Saturday/Monday morning and take them where I'm going all week. If I've got any left on Friday with no mail, I take them then.
All gone within 5 days and very little extra work going on. Plus, getting rid on the "quieter" days, means not as heavy on the "heavy" days.
You are completely missing the point of D2D into workload April.
Did you do much lapsing this week?
I coudn't manage any because i was so busy with my D2D.
What we have done is agreed one section with our day off cover which is thiers every week the rest is done by the walk holder,the best bit is now the D2D are part of the work load in total and no manager can come out with any rubbish about you do it in your own time because your payed for that(i think not)is that you just blow that bit out every day because when you increase the work load like that then some thing has to give,it aint gonna be me,the managers have not got a clue what is going on,it's worse than normal.
Aprilaydee wrote:Well, I just throw them up on the Saturday/Monday morning and take them where I'm going all week. If I've got any left on Friday with no mail, I take them then.
All gone within 5 days and very little extra work going on. Plus, getting rid on the "quieter" days, means not as heavy on the "heavy" days.
You are completely missing the point of D2D into workload April.
Did you do much lapsing this week?
I coudn't manage any because i was so busy with my D2D.
Not really. We're meant to have time in our duties to do them so therefore if they're done at the start of the week, in your duty time, then there's no need to be throwing them up on the busy days of Thurs/Fri etc. I've never understood why people leave it until late in the week to do it, that was my point.
And it wouldn't matter to me about lapsing as I currently work 28 miles from home and they have to pay me until I get home (with a van) so I'll do whatever work I'm given, they're still paying me!
I'm helping out them by working in that office so they can pay me for it.