ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
unfair dismissal
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: unfair dismissal
Innocent until proven guilty ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: unfair dismissal
not in RM they operate under the quasi legal principle ofLincox wrote:Innocent until proven guilty ?
ei incumbit negat qui dicit, non qui probatio (the burden of proof rests on who denies, not on who asserts)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: unfair dismissal
So now their above the law. Christ what chance have we got
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: unfair dismissal
Yep now your catching on buddyLincox wrote:So now their above the law. Christ what chance have we got
Rem they dont give a shite in fact a few really enjoy dishing it out
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: unfair dismissal
Eventus stultorum magister - (Events are the teacher of the stupid persons. Stupid people learn by experience, bright people calculate what to do).
And the bright thing to do as other have said, is do not ever take mail home as this can compromise your position.
And the bright thing to do as other have said, is do not ever take mail home as this can compromise your position.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
gman
Re: unfair dismissal
i have rang my manager to say that an item has been to big n i cant return it to be told the same thing, luckily for me though i met the collection guy just as i was about to leave the post box which enabled me to get rid of the item, if u get ur job back wot u should do is raise concerns about future packages on saturdays before u leave office if u think u cant get rid of them after delivery, n get it in writing from manager if he suggests something similar... u mustnt be in very long if u believed a manager tho at face value.....harry1 wrote:taking royal Mail to tribunal for unfair dismissal -accused of delaying mail.
the mail in question was undelivered from that day which was a saturday
could not pouch of because post offices closed at 12.30 finished my duty 13.10 etc
couple of items packets too big for red box.
so took them home to return monday
this is something my managers have agreed and other opg do the same
we even have a runner exclusively for these items outside the locker!
but IB found out /stopped me
and surprise surprise the managers deny this ever happens at our office
result- accused of delaying mail -suspended then dismissed
none of the other opg were asked about this practice by the interviewing manager
( who incidently told 3 outright lies which can be proved at tribunal by a couple of colleagues)
but 4 managers were and told exactly the same line - it never happens!
got on great with these managers before this.
anybody got any experience of these tribunals they can share ? thanks
-
brandydoguk
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 10:26
- Gender: Male
Re: unfair dismissal
They once tried it on with me, I had a reg I couldn't deliver and realised I couldn't get to a post office in time to pouch off. I rang the office to tell the stand-in lino the situation and asked him to get a driver to come find me and get it. No driver turned up and I rang him again to say I'd nearly finished, my duty time was nearly up and I'd wait at my bag box until my finish time for someone to come, if they didn't then I'd leave it in my bag box, which is what I did.
Next day was my day off, the following day the lino came to me asking where the reg was. I said if no one went for it then it would still be in the bag box. A driver went out and got it. The lino then accused me of finishing an hour early and not pouching off correctly. I tore into him saying he should have gotten someone to come out as I asked. I said check with the occupants of the last street I did to see what time they got their mail, that will show my finishing time. I only left the thing in the bag box a few minutes, I said he'd left it in there 2 days! I could almost see him shrinking as the penny dropped.
He came back half an hour later saying he'd have to report me to the DOM. I lost it bigtime and threatened to drag him into the DOM's office to let him know the facts. He then panicked and apologised, saying he realised it was all his mistake and said I'd hear nothing else about it.
What a tw@t.
Next day was my day off, the following day the lino came to me asking where the reg was. I said if no one went for it then it would still be in the bag box. A driver went out and got it. The lino then accused me of finishing an hour early and not pouching off correctly. I tore into him saying he should have gotten someone to come out as I asked. I said check with the occupants of the last street I did to see what time they got their mail, that will show my finishing time. I only left the thing in the bag box a few minutes, I said he'd left it in there 2 days! I could almost see him shrinking as the penny dropped.
He came back half an hour later saying he'd have to report me to the DOM. I lost it bigtime and threatened to drag him into the DOM's office to let him know the facts. He then panicked and apologised, saying he realised it was all his mistake and said I'd hear nothing else about it.
What a tw@t.
-
raikkonen85
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 20 Apr 2010, 12:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: unfair dismissal
pickaname wrote:You took mail home?
Sorry pal...thats a big no no.
You should have taken it back to the DO or cut off before you went out.
Pain in the arse, but better than the sack.
emmmm ....
most DO are shut by that time and
he had a couple packets left. are we all supposed to cut off by not taking any packets on a saturday? it wasnt about cutting off, you can alwasy put mail in the postbox after you finish.
i have taken mail with me home almost everysat. most ppl at our office do it. the managers know about it too. but, i alwasy text my manager telling him and he text back saying its ok. i have hundreds of messages saved showing this so if anything happened and managers denied it, i have proof.
one thing that does get me OP. if the packets were too big for red box, wouldnt they be too big for you too carry out and put in your bag.
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: unfair dismissal
Very wise and shrewd of you to retain proof that your manager has authorised albeit by text his o.k. but when the IB chappies come a calling to your delivery office (don't forget they do some would say frequently visit RMC) and will be amazed to read the part in your post, I have taken mail home with me almost everysat and most people at our office do it, they will naturally be very interested. After all there can't be that many father and son combinations working for Royal Mail where one is on delivery and the other is a driver in a mail centre simply a process of illimination for them to identify your DO then to come a calling.raikkonen85 wrote:pickaname wrote:You took mail home?
Sorry pal...thats a big no no.
You should have taken it back to the DO or cut off before you went out.
Pain in the arse, but better than the sack.
emmmm ....
most DO are shut by that time and
he had a couple packets left. are we all supposed to cut off by not taking any packets on a saturday? it wasnt about cutting off, you can alwasy put mail in the postbox after you finish.
i have taken mail with me home almost everysat. most ppl at our office do it. the managers know about it too. but, i alwasy text my manager telling him and he text back saying its ok. i have hundreds of messages saved showing this so if anything happened and managers denied it, i have proof.
one thing that does get me OP. if the packets were too big for red box, wouldnt they be too big for you too carry out and put in your bag.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
raikkonen85
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 20 Apr 2010, 12:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: unfair dismissal
oh... was only jokin
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: unfair dismissal
raikkonen85 wrote:i have taken mail with me home almost everysat
Ok just stop and think for a min whilst you read that back........................................................................................ Do you see how it sounds?
It sounds like theft, plain and simple and thats how the I.B. will view it. Yes you have the texts saved so they will prob sack your DOM right after they have sack you.
Come on wise up folks DONT TAKE MAIL HOME.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
thevardinator
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: unfair dismissal
I was told ages ago, to take a special home once over the weekend as I didn't feel that I would get back to the office before 1:30, infact I had a trolley with quite a few packets in too, I was told to lock it up in my back yard!
Luckily, after running quite awkwardly (mainly downhill) with the trolley, I must have looked a right idiot, I got back with seconds to spare. If not, then god knows what would have happened.
Luckily, after running quite awkwardly (mainly downhill) with the trolley, I must have looked a right idiot, I got back with seconds to spare. If not, then god knows what would have happened.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
-
raikkonen85
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 20 Apr 2010, 12:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: unfair dismissal
i kno, your right. even if i have spoecials i just leave them in bag drops if the manager wont come down and pick them off me or say take em home. but i didnt know about the IB, i didnt know anything till about 1 year after starting. willfuldelay etc. thats why i said in another post, i think im lucky to be still hear in a way. :skrussel wrote:raikkonen85 wrote:i have taken mail with me home almost everysat
Ok just stop and think for a min whilst you read that back........................................................................................ Do you see how it sounds?
It sounds like theft, plain and simple and thats how the I.B. will view it. Yes you have the texts saved so they will prob sack your DOM right after they have sack you.
Come on wise up folks DONT TAKE MAIL HOME.
![]()
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: unfair dismissal
raikkonen85 wrote:i kno, your right. even if i have spoecials i just leave them in bag drops if the manager wont come down and pick them off me or say take em home. but i didnt know about the IB, i didnt know anything till about 1 year after starting. willfuldelay etc. thats why i said in another post, i think im lucky to be still hear in a way. :skrussel wrote:raikkonen85 wrote:i have taken mail with me home almost everysat
Ok just stop and think for a min whilst you read that back........................................................................................ Do you see how it sounds?
It sounds like theft, plain and simple and thats how the I.B. will view it. Yes you have the texts saved so they will prob sack your DOM right after they have sack you.
Come on wise up folks DONT TAKE MAIL HOME.
![]()
Its not your fault as you sound like your doing the job to the best of your capacity and you care for the mail
Its the managers who SHOULD still be at the office when you get back to see the mail in. Trouble is (like the poor guy who started this post) no one's and esp a manager is going to back you up if your caught by the I.B as everyone runs a mile and then wags a finger
Thats why this forun is so GOOD as folks with a few more years service can pass on some help. Just dont risk it buddy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
klebbo
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 05 May 2010, 19:47
- Gender: Male
Re: unfair dismissal
This has happened to me a couple of times, I've had to lock a trolley up in the car park, leave packets in my drop box and take some home once but now I've managed to nick myself a set of keys and an alarm code, just ask for them then you can always leave anything that's undelivered in the DO.