ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Letters stick dog's jaw up

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Thorby Bislam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 495
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: Desolation Row

Letters stick dog's jaw up

Post by Thorby Bislam »

Toby the Jack Russell loves tearing open the post – but bit off more than he could chew when the mashed paper and glue sealed his jaws shut.
Image

His owner, Gill Bird, returned home to find her mischievous pet could not open his mouth to eat.

‘He was drooling. I thought it was strange. All this paper was mashed around his teeth. It was absolutely stuck,’ she said.

She tried to prise open his jaws without luck and ended up taking Toby to the vet, who had to sedate him before picking away at the sticky mess.

The saga began when Ms Bird was out when the post arrived, leaving Toby to chew away to his heart’s delight.

‘Toby likes to attack the post. When we hear the letter box go we have to run,’ said Ms Bird, 41.

But this time things were different. ‘I came home with some fish and chips for lunch. I went to give him a chip and wondered why he wouldn’t take it,’ added Ms Bird, from Lee-on-the- Solent, Hampshire.

‘He had bubbles and saliva coming out of his mouth and he had a strange look on his face. It’s just really bizarre. I can’t help but laugh.’

Before long, the clamped dog was taken to vet Ian Wooding in nearby Stubbington. He described it as a ‘very unusual case’.

He said: ‘At first I thought I’d get his mouth open without a problem – but I soon realised it wasn’t budging.

‘We tried to scrape some of it out but the dog was getting quite worked up. He was growling and I think he would have bitten me if he’d been able to.

‘We decided to sedate him but even then it took the nurse and I a good ten minutes to scrape all the paper out of his teeth.’

Toby returned home a few hours after the sedation wore off, fit and well.

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/829967-che ... s-together" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Letters stick dog's jaw up

Post by DGP1 »

I'm really surprised that the postie didn't get the blame :roll:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Letters stick dog's jaw up

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

they trained him well though it appears he only eats DSA

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: Letters stick dog's jaw up

Post by chunk »

Its a bit obvious to say but it goes around and comes around.
most owners are usually aware that there dog is developing a habit of chewing the post.
recent wisdom Ive picked up from watching programs like "the dog whisperer"
There are no badly trained dogs only badly trained owners!
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
sevenandseven
Posts: 162
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:12

Re: Letters stick dog's jaw up

Post by sevenandseven »

The stupid dog chews the mail. Its owners knew this yet could not be bothered to put a wire basket on the back of the door prefering to pay expensive vet bills. Clever. :crazy:
G O Root
Posts: 135
Joined: 18 Oct 2009, 18:38
Gender: Male

Re: Letters stick dog's jaw up

Post by G O Root »

mmm...wonder if that particularly evil alsation on my delivery likes chewing letters.....
youwot!!!!!
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 582
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 14:45
Gender: Male
Location: oop north

Re: Letters stick dog's jaw up

Post by youwot!!!!! »

karma. :Very Happy
who the hell invests £2 billion into a servic and makes it worse?????????????
you really couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Letters stick dog's jaw up

Post by daveyeff »

G O Root wrote:mmm...wonder if that particularly evil alsation on my delivery likes chewing letters.....
stick a ghost pepper in with the mail,,,, he wont chew anymore :Very Happy
Smf80
Posts: 12
Joined: 06 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Male

Re: Letters stick dog's jaw up

Post by Smf80 »

Totally made my day. Hope the vets bill was f***ing massive.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Letters stick dog's jaw up

Post by DB1100 »

The moronic owners think its a laugh,says it all really.
For we were soldiers once,and young