ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

belfast posties using their cars even though they are making

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gman

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by gman »

calpsy wrote:Still dont understand why the name calling ? tw*ts . pr*cks . wa*kers etc etc etc

Do you think by adding a name it will make you feel better or change this persons actions ??? No so stop the name calling .

As for saving 10 minutes or 20 at a stretch .......... rubbish . I come in at 9am and pass guys who have been standing waiting on a driver for at least 15 minutes . I bag up and leave around 9.30 am and the SAME guys are STILL standing there waiting ( although not always but MOST of the time )

Now if i never had the car I would have to leave earlier in the morning costing me 15 minutes . Bag up im out for 9.30 am . The guys waiting before me are taken out 1st and i am waiting at least 30 minutes . 15 and 30 = 45 minutes saved so far . Now if i take my own bags etc I dont have to wait 15 minutes for my 1st bag . Another 15 minutes saved .

Thats now at least 1 hour ive saved and when ive finished my duty its either a half hour walk or 15 minute walk for the bus and another 20 minutes ON it . Thats AN HOUR AND A HALF I SAVE AT LEAST EVERY DAY ! ! ! Do you want me to change and work 1 and a half hours per day JUST SO YOU ARE HAPPY ? ? ? Get lost !

I welcome your comments which im sure will be arriving soon .
well I hav to agree with wf, wen a guy goes on ur walk he will get harrassed by managers if he can't complete cos he has no car, u r breaking the rules taking ur own pouch as well, .... Maybe u didn't read my post properly also before u jumped in with ur pro royal mail attitude.. I said the days r gone of saving loads of time at the end of ur duty from using ur car... Obviously ur one of the few walks that can still do it, or ur just making life he'll for other posties doing the job right n not flying out the door, cutting thru gardens etc etc... But as long as ur alrite isn't that right.... I wish I knew who u were so wen u need back up cos royal mail will eventually catch up on u, none of us will be supporting u... Now go back n get to bed cos u probly need sleep so u can also go in half an hour early for nothing....
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by calpsy »

WHITEANT wrote:Calpsy you pull people up for name calling which i agree no need for it , then you tell people to GET LOST BE CONSISTENT !! :shhhhh

Oh dear . Will I explain or will someone else ???? I will do it ..... telling someone to get lost in the way I did is nothing compaired to name calling . Try harder next time .

IDIOT ! !

Just kidding lol .... couldnt help myself . BUT GET LOST ! ! ! ! :crazy:
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by calpsy »

batmanofthenight wrote:So you think by saving a hour and half using car, you wont mind getting more work put on you? but if you do then youll get the driver to take you out and youll have less work? you think walks change to suit people like you?
For the likes of me ???? nice

Who said they would change walks to suit me ?? When did i say that OR anything LIKE that ?? Thats right i NEVER said anything of the sort .

Let me tell you in EASY english . I work 5 hours . Take off half an hour and its 4 and a half . With me ?? cool .

I then do my duty in this time . If i have 5 minutes ot and hour and a half remaining after using my car then great . Still with me ???? fabulous .

NOW ... they give me loads of extra work . I cant manage it even with using my car . NOW I decide NOT to use my car . I go in bag up and sit outside and wait on my lift . Half an hour later i get out if im lucky . I then wait 15 minutes for my 1st bag . Thats at least 1 hr 15 minutes not doing heavy walking . AND I only work to my time so in effect I will be doing LESS work . You work it out .
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by calpsy »

gone wrote:
calpsy wrote:Still dont understand why the name calling ? tw*ts . pr*cks . wa*kers etc etc etc

Do you think by adding a name it will make you feel better or change this persons actions ??? No so stop the name calling .

As for saving 10 minutes or 20 at a stretch .......... rubbish . I come in at 9am and pass guys who have been standing waiting on a driver for at least 15 minutes . I bag up and leave around 9.30 am and the SAME guys are STILL standing there waiting ( although not always but MOST of the time )

Now if i never had the car I would have to leave earlier in the morning costing me 15 minutes . Bag up im out for 9.30 am . The guys waiting before me are taken out 1st and i am waiting at least 30 minutes . 15 and 30 = 45 minutes saved so far . Now if i take my own bags etc I dont have to wait 15 minutes for my 1st bag . Another 15 minutes saved .

Thats now at least 1 hour ive saved and when ive finished my duty its either a half hour walk or 15 minute walk for the bus and another 20 minutes ON it . Thats AN HOUR AND A HALF I SAVE AT LEAST EVERY DAY ! ! ! Do you want me to change and work 1 and a half hours per day JUST SO YOU ARE HAPPY ? ? ? Get lost !

I welcome your comments which im sure will be arriving soon .
well I hav to agree with wf, wen a guy goes on ur walk he will get harrassed by managers if he can't complete cos he has no car, u r breaking the rules taking ur own pouch as well, .... Maybe u didn't read my post properly also before u jumped in with ur pro royal mail attitude.. I said the days r gone of saving loads of time at the end of ur duty from using ur car... Obviously ur one of the few walks that can still do it, or ur just making life he'll for other posties doing the job right n not flying out the door, cutting thru gardens etc etc... But as long as ur alrite isn't that right.... I wish I knew who u were so wen u need back up cos royal mail will eventually catch up on u, none of us will be supporting u... Now go back n get to bed cos u probly need sleep so u can also go in half an hour early for nothing.... Get a life
Wind yer neck in . As for get a life ?? I dont HAVE to work . Many people know this but for YOU that doesnt I will repeat myself . I was self employed since leaving school until about 2 and a half years ago and made a s**t LOAD of money . Decided I had had enough and retired ( bit drastic but thats what it was ) . Decided I was bored after 2 or 3 months and looked and got this job near my home . I have a home worth in excess of £350,000 and drive nice vehicles all bought and paid for . Not boasting just proving a point in YOU dont have a clue about my life so dont tell me to get one or you end up looking the sad one . As I said I dont HAVE to work .... I choose to work to kill time .
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by andy2007 »

calpsy wrote:
batmanofthenight wrote:So you think by saving a hour and half using car, you wont mind getting more work put on you? but if you do then youll get the driver to take you out and youll have less work? you think walks change to suit people like you?
For the likes of me ???? nice

Who said they would change walks to suit me ?? When did i say that OR anything LIKE that ?? Thats right i NEVER said anything of the sort .

Let me tell you in EASY english . I work 5 hours . Take off half an hour and its 4 and a half . With me ?? cool .
So why aren't you working the extra half an hour?
We should all have been working ALL OUR CONTRACTED HOURS for quite some time now. And that's where the problem lies.

Specifically: if someone covers your duty, but doesn't use their car. Then they can't possibly finish in the same time you do. so if extra work is given to you, because your DOM realises that you're finishing early. Then they'll fail to finish in time, and will face the wrath of the DOM. :hmmmm

I then do my duty in this time . If i have 5 minutes ot and hour and a half remaining after using my car then great . Still with me ???? fabulous .

NOW ... they give me loads of extra work . I cant manage it even with using my car . NOW I decide NOT to use my car . I go in bag up and sit outside and wait on my lift . Half an hour later i get out if im lucky . I then wait 15 minutes for my 1st bag . Thats at least 1 hr 15 minutes not doing heavy walking . AND I only work to my time so in effect I will be doing LESS work . You work it out .
Anyway. There's no need for so many people to get so worked up about this. Because as soon as the revisions are completed. There won't be ANY cars used on Deliveries. It's in the agreement. :hmmmm

So that's one problem which will soon be irradicated.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
plainpat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 410
Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:29
Gender: Male
Location: You can't get any further east in the UK without going for a swim in the North Sea

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by plainpat »

calpsy wrote:
gone wrote:
calpsy wrote:Still dont understand why the name calling ? tw*ts . pr*cks . wa*kers etc etc etc

Do you think by adding a name it will make you feel better or change this persons actions ??? No so stop the name calling .

As for saving 10 minutes or 20 at a stretch .......... rubbish . I come in at 9am and pass guys who have been standing waiting on a driver for at least 15 minutes . I bag up and leave around 9.30 am and the SAME guys are STILL standing there waiting ( although not always but MOST of the time )

Now if i never had the car I would have to leave earlier in the morning costing me 15 minutes . Bag up im out for 9.30 am . The guys waiting before me are taken out 1st and i am waiting at least 30 minutes . 15 and 30 = 45 minutes saved so far . Now if i take my own bags etc I dont have to wait 15 minutes for my 1st bag . Another 15 minutes saved .

Thats now at least 1 hour ive saved and when ive finished my duty its either a half hour walk or 15 minute walk for the bus and another 20 minutes ON it . Thats AN HOUR AND A HALF I SAVE AT LEAST EVERY DAY ! ! ! Do you want me to change and work 1 and a half hours per day JUST SO YOU ARE HAPPY ? ? ? Get lost !

I welcome your comments which im sure will be arriving soon .
well I hav to agree with wf, wen a guy goes on ur walk he will get harrassed by managers if he can't complete cos he has no car, u r breaking the rules taking ur own pouch as well, .... Maybe u didn't read my post properly also before u jumped in with ur pro royal mail attitude.. I said the days r gone of saving loads of time at the end of ur duty from using ur car... Obviously ur one of the few walks that can still do it, or ur just making life he'll for other posties doing the job right n not flying out the door, cutting thru gardens etc etc... But as long as ur alrite isn't that right.... I wish I knew who u were so wen u need back up cos royal mail will eventually catch up on u, none of us will be supporting u... Now go back n get to bed cos u probly need sleep so u can also go in half an hour early for nothing.... Get a life
Wind yer neck in . As for get a life ?? I dont HAVE to work . Many people know this but for YOU that doesnt I will repeat myself . I was self employed since leaving school until about 2 and a half years ago and made a s**t LOAD of money . Decided I had had enough and retired ( bit drastic but thats what it was ) . Decided I was bored after 2 or 3 months and looked and got this job near my home . I have a home worth in excess of £350,000 and drive nice vehicles all bought and paid for . Not boasting just proving a point in YOU dont have a clue about my life so dont tell me to get one or you end up looking the sad one . As I said I dont HAVE to work .... I choose to work to kill time .
Thereby depriving someone of a job who DOES need to work for financial reasons.

If you are that bored, and you obviously don't need the money, then why not do charity work which would relieve your boredom, give something back to the community and take someone off the dole queue
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by krussel »

andy2007 wrote:There's no need for so many people to get so worked up about this. Because as soon as the revisions are completed. There won't be ANY cars used on Deliveries. It's in the agreement.
Its an interesting point an one i asked a manager about this very week, his reply was: "cars will only be stopped when we can offer van sharing and that wont be for at least 3 years in this office" :shock: :shock: :shock:

So it looks like folk will still use their cars in my office regardless of how much extra work they will be taking. :arrrghhh
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
kitkatchunky
Posts: 217
Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by kitkatchunky »

dados wrote:A D.O South of Belfast is the same,wacky Races every morning
same in my area.
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by calpsy »

Thereby depriving someone of a job who DOES need to work for financial reasons.

If you are that bored, and you obviously don't need the money, then why not do charity work which would relieve your boredom, give something back to the community and take someone off the dole queue


So you think I should give up THIS job ???? And who are you again ????

You said i was BORED ? ? ? Can you copy my exact words relating to you reading about me being bored ???

FYI ...... Thers enough work out there for the majority of people WANTING work so dont go spouting ur crap about me taking someones job cos all your doing is making yourself look pathetic and desperate to get your point across which you just FAILED MISERABLY at .

Charity work ??? No thanks but cheers for mentioning it .

If you knew what me and my wife do in OUR home then you wouldnt dare mention me giving something back to the community .

Anyway thanks for the input .
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

calpsy wrote:
You said i was BORED ? ? ? Can you copy my exact words relating to you reading about me being bored ???
You did in your previous post in this thread :nervous :nervous
calpsy wrote:Decided I was bored after 2 or 3 months and looked and got this job near my home

Anyway - lets try and keep this off the personal side which is where its heading.

Some agree with using cars, some don't. Some think there are a few valid reasons for using them, some don't. Some use their cars for personal reasons, some don't use theirs because the CWU advises them not to.

Neither side will agree with the other so perhaps we should stop getting personal and debate like the adults we are.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by calpsy »

No please get it right . He said i was bored with the job ! !

I was bored when i was OFF with no job .

Its not hard to get it right guys ........ all the info is there infront of you ...


JEEZ ! !
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

calpsy wrote:No please get it right . He said i was bored with the job ! !

I was bored when i was OFF with no job .

Its not hard to get it right guys ........ all the info is there infront of you ...


JEEZ ! !
No he did not say you were bored with the job, he just said you were bored as you previously admitted
Thereby depriving someone of a job who DOES need to work for financial reasons.

If you are that bored, and you obviously don't need the money, then why not do charity work which would relieve your boredom, give something back to the community and take someone off the dole queue
Jeez get it right :left: :left: :left:

Perhaps you thought he meant you were bored with the job, but he did not say that did he - Anyway moving on.................
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Exrep
Posts: 1005
Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by Exrep »

Calps if my memory serves me write ive had a ding dong with you over the use of personal cars.

It will only be a matter of time before the duty you hold will either become,cdv,convey,trolley or on foot enjoy using your car whilst it last.

I think what some of you need to be aware of is no matter what you say and how many times you say it, calps will not see your point of view so save yourselves the energy and wait for calps to come back in 6 months time or when ever his office goes through the 6 phase revision and lets see if hes still using his car.

What i dont agree with calps although it may be a fact is how you say you dont need this job and you do it to kill time. Under the current climate in R/M if people had the choice like you say you do they would not work for R/M ,obviously for now the job suits you but for how long.

As said in a previous post if you dont need the job for finacial reasons why on earth are you not doing voluntary work in your local community,this would then enable you to use your car without getting anyones back up dropping off lunch,dinner and tea to the elderly or picking up used clothes sacks from people doorsteps for third world countries at least then you would be killing time and helping much needed charity organisations.

What i have noticed calps since our paths last crossed is that you have got more irrate and angry in your posts you need to take a
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by calpsy »

Couldnt be more wrong . Not angry at the least . I enjoy the comments . If I was poor and needed the job desperately then I would be angry .

And again as for doing something for the community please dont tell me what to do with my time . Im doing nothing wrong keeping this job .

I will continue to use my car as long as it benefits ME and ME alone . WHEN it gets as bad as you all say its gonna then I will play by the book and wait for drivers and work to my time etc etc etc ............ no skin of my nose . " its gonna be terrible " " how are we ever gonna cope " " boo hoo its all bad " Seems to me its some of YOU lot should change your jobs if its gonna be that bad .

I repeat ....... not ONE iota angry OR irritated . Never have been or ever WILL ! Ive nothing to be angry or irritated about .......... obv some of you have .
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma

Post by krussel »

calpsy wrote:I will play by the book and wait for drivers
It should not be as bad as that with the van sharing and looping system you will be able to work with a partner and save the wear on your car.

Thats if RM play fair :Very Happy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........