ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pulled by IB ? ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by POSTMAN »

brandydoguk wrote:One day last year I was dead wealking to my next drop when some guy came up to me and showed me some official looking badge/I D card and said he was with "Royal Mail security". He then said he needed to check inside my bag.
Since I've never been shown an official I.B. card/badge or whatever they have I had no clue if he was genuine so I told him to F**K OFF and went on my way. Never got any come-back over it but I do wonder if he was really IB.
Strange,IF he was IB he would of contacted your manager,perhaps not to tell you off but just to let him know what happened.
Tbf you should of reported it anyway.If you didn't that is.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

POSTMAN wrote:
brandydoguk wrote:One day last year I was dead wealking to my next drop when some guy came up to me and showed me some official looking badge/I D card and said he was with "Royal Mail security". He then said he needed to check inside my bag.
Since I've never been shown an official I.B. card/badge or whatever they have I had no clue if he was genuine so I told him to F**K OFF and went on my way. Never got any come-back over it but I do wonder if he was really IB.
Strange,IF he was IB he would of contacted your manager,perhaps not to tell you off but just to let him know what happened.
Tbf you should of reported it anyway.If you didn't that is.
but as managers rarely leave their coffee to let us know what's happening maybe he did contact him. :Very Happy
jaylime
Posts: 331
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by jaylime »

Can anyone tell me what the rules are on a rural.We are in and out of our vans every two mins,if we had to go in the back everytime we would be out till midnight.Surely common sense must prevail in this situation.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by POSTMAN »

jaylime wrote:Can anyone tell me what the rules are on a rural.We are in and out of our vans every two mins,if we had to go in the back everytime we would be out till midnight.Surely common sense must prevail in this situation.
Nothing should be in the front of the van end off.

Common sense would tell you if you done the job properly you would not be able to get pulled by the IB and you would have to have your duty looked at. :wink:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by maisymoo04 »

postman how do you change ye USERNAME pal :Very Happy
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by calpsy »

As im on rehab im gettin the daft wee jobs to keep me busy .

On Friday the last part I had to do was deliver 50 sky mags that were sorted in order . As i had been pulled 2 days earlier I wanted to be 100% as to what the procedure would be .

Told the manager that I would be goin into 1 house driving 20 yards and into another etc etc . Do i have to turn off the van, get out , lock the door , post the mag , unlock the door , start the engine , drive 20 yards and repeat the whole process 50 odd times .............. YES ! ! was his reply .

I bet 95% of the drivers would stop ....... run out leaving engine running and door open post the mag and run back .

He was right to say yes but it does make the job twice as long .
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by DGP1 »

calpsy wrote:As im on rehab im gettin the daft wee jobs to keep me busy .

On Friday the last part I had to do was deliver 50 sky mags that were sorted in order . As i had been pulled 2 days earlier I wanted to be 100% as to what the procedure would be .

Told the manager that I would be goin into 1 house driving 20 yards and into another etc etc . Do i have to turn off the van, get out , lock the door , post the mag , unlock the door , start the engine , drive 20 yards and repeat the whole process 50 odd times .............. YES ! ! was his reply .

I bet 95% of the drivers would stop ....... run out leaving engine running and door open post the mag and run back .

He was right to say yes but it does make the job twice as long .
You forgot to add that your seatbelt has to be put on each time :wink:

Everytime I get out of the van I turn the engine off and as I move away from the van I lock it, I've done this for a couple of years and it does take longer but that's their problem and not mine :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by maisymoo04 »

our we allowed to take the vans home :Very Happy
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

maisymoo04 wrote:our we allowed to take the vans home :Very Happy
Yes, if you have prior approval to do so, there is no mail in it and you meet certain other conditions such as locking it and not stopping off at the pub for a couple of hours on the way home. :Very Happy
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by maisymoo04 »

ta lizard :Applause
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by DGP1 »

Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by maisymoo04 »

in our office someome came last week and measured up the carpark for 16 vans to be fitted in not we cant even fit 7 in wot we have now so it was broght up by royal mail about taken ye van home if you want thats why i asked if anyone else dose it perhaps taken the van home could be better quadrant take theres home then you dont have to lay out for fuel for your own car then as they say no more cars on delivery if somethin happened ie sick etc it will be up for ye manager to get someone out to pick the van up a fully charged pda can last 24 hours when get to the office in mornin bang on charge then be back in van vice versa and so on i leave mine in now in my transit office bein locked of course :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by DGP1 »

maisymoo04 wrote:in our office someome came last week and measured up the carpark for 16 vans to be fitted in not we cant even fit 7 in wot we have now so it was broght up by royal mail about taken ye van home if you want thats why i asked if anyone else dose it perhaps taken the van home could be better quadrant take theres home then you dont have to lay out for fuel for your own car then as they say no more cars on delivery if somethin happened ie sick etc it will be up for ye manager to get someone out to pick the van up a fully charged pda can last 24 hours when get to the office in mornin bang on charge then be back in van vice versa and so on i leave mine in now in my transit office bein locked of course :shock:
Sorry, I can't understand your post, some punctuation would help.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by maisymoo04 »

funny arse
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by fishtank »

maisymoo04 wrote:funny arse

Well we all have our crosses to bare mate.
Personally i've got funny knees. :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share