ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Missorts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Missorts

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

hampshireman wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Apparently in 12th Century Oxford there used to be a road called Gropecunt Lane. It was the red light district.
I've heard about that one before... It might even be true!!!

I have one called W%nkers Drive (actually I made that up)
w****r dr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Missorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

Cold Christmas
Hertfordshire.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

Re: Missorts

Post by Mr Blonde »

clashcityrocker wrote:Two more today:
The "HOOT"
Twigworth Meadows
And a place called Mutsilver Mews,Longlevens.

If,when it came to lapsing ,I got Mutsilver Mews I would do it happily.
Unfortunately it's always the Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
Unfortunately Mutsilver Mews is just part of a now rough looking 80's housing estate built on our old greyhound stadium.
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by chunk »

Place in Oxfordshire called farley close.
Its got to be a minefield on the telephone.
"i need a delivery quote" "where are you"? yes but where are you :d'oh!
dom to postie your delivering farley close today.
etc etc.
ever felt cheated when you deliver to rectory lane for arguments and theres no rectory
or orchard view and theres no orchard.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by fishtank »

chunk wrote: ever felt cheated when you deliver to rectory lane for arguments and theres no rectory
or orchard view and theres no orchard.
Back to CCR..... :nervous
clashcityrocker wrote:
Apparently in 12th Century Oxford there used to be a road called Gropecunt Lane. It was the red light district.
:chuckle :chuckle :silenced
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Re: Missorts

Post by Himaggen »

Rowley Regis has this:
Image
If you look it up you'll even notice Bell End goes into Mincing Lane!

Mind you I do feel sorry for these unfortunates:
Image
alloria
Posts: 176
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 22:48
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by alloria »

There is a street in our area called "Spottiswoode" and the word wood is sometimes used to refer to a male body part. Now this might not sound that interesting, but one day I was looking at the street on Google Earth, and it is even shaped like one as well!

(Spottiswoode Gardens, Mid Calder if you want goosy yourself.)
Vote no on the "Agreement"
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32815
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by POSTMAN »

Himaggen wrote:
Mind you I do feel sorry for these unfortunates:
Image
I've pissed myself at that one. :Applause
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Missorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

Gambler Parry Gardens
Gloucester.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
mrlovepantsuk
Posts: 333
Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 23:19
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by mrlovepantsuk »

there is a Minge Lane in Upton Upon Severn
Unity Is Strength
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

Re: Missorts

Post by Mr Blonde »

clashcityrocker wrote:Gambler Parry Gardens
Gloucester.
What about Stump Lane in Hucclecote?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Missorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

mrlovepantsuk wrote:there is a Minge Lane in Upton Upon Severn
I used to deliver to a woman named Muffy.
Maybe she moved to Minge Lane.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Missorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

OMG - there was absolutely no reason why this letter should have been in my DO unless........
Unless one of you sent it to give me (and Postman) probably the biggest laugh I have had all year.

Poverty Lane :left:
Liverpool :left:
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32815
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts

Post by POSTMAN »

Ha,memories,Liverpool is the only city that ...................has a street called poverty lane! :left:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Missorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

Isn't it a Beatles song?

Poverty Lane is in my ears and in my eyes :left:
There beneath the blue suburban skies
I sit, and meanwhile back
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.