ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Yellow Pods

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by ashadd »

Are they alive? Do they read RMChat? Is their a conspiracy?? I mean look what was lurking under one of the fittings at my office this morning. We had to subdue It to take a photo....it took six of us armed only with laccy bands....we took casulties, Smith took one in the eye, the rest of us have got welts all over our arms, damn those elastic bands, damn those cuts.......It did seem to be unconcious, we kept poking it with a broom handle all through IPS....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by Straight4ward »

I see that it’s eaten all the mail but found the rubber bands to indigestible to swallow.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by ashadd »

Straight4ward wrote:I see that it’s eaten all the mail but found the rubber bands to indigestible to swallow.
You have these beasts in your office too ....????? :hmmmm
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by Straight4ward »

Mercifully not. Until I saw the photos, I thought they were purely mythical beasts.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
Patrick Clifton
Posts: 430
Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: Greendale

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by Patrick Clifton »

Straight4ward wrote:Mercifully not. Until I saw the photos, I thought they were purely mythical beasts.
I can assure you that the beasts are alive and kicking! Grazing in herds too as someone mentioned earlier in the thread!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by meercat »

Has anyone told Dr Who about this yet? These canabalistic 'yellow pods' could be the forerunner to a global alien invasion! God help us.
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by ashadd »

You are a brave man patrick clifton.....a brave brave man...I only faced one.....but you , you, my friend , you faced a whole herd...Tell me, was you by youself,? did you go it alone? What protection did you use? I see they are caged, for gods sake ...dont let them escape .......ever!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
Patrick Clifton
Posts: 430
Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: Greendale

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by Patrick Clifton »

ashadd wrote:You are a brave man patrick clifton.....a brave brave man...I only faced one.....but you , you, my friend , you faced a whole herd...Tell me, was you by youself,? did you go it alone? What protection did you use? I see they are caged, for gods sake ...dont let them escape .......ever!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lol

I was alone, I snuck up on them, took the pic and then ran like hell! :cool
A Broken Man
Posts: 13
Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 13:49
Gender: Male

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by A Broken Man »

:arrrghhh :crazy: :arrrghhh :crazy: :arrrghhh :crazy: :arrrghhh :crazy: :arrrghhh :crazy:
looks like youv'e all been in the job too long ! Different coloured trays/pods :left:
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by chunk »

I think i can explain whats going on here using a lobster pot analogy.
in mail centres revenue fishermen scatter the yellow revenue pots around the building .
They periodically return to harvest the envelope shaped "revenue fish"
taking them off to the fish factory ie the revenue protection office for processing.
Hope this helps :Very Happy
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by ashadd »

chunk wrote:I think i can explain whats going on here using a lobster pot analogy.
in mail centres revenue fishermen scatter the yellow revenue pots around the building .
They periodically return to harvest the envelope shaped "revenue fish"
taking them off to the fish factory ie the revenue protection office for processing.
Hope this helps :Very Happy
Bugger..................does this mean i will have to learn to swim now ? :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
silverback
Posts: 166
Joined: 02 Sep 2008, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by silverback »

FANTASTIC...

By the posts on this thread it would appear only a small minority knew what these yellow perstops were for. Now thanks to RMC and word of mouth ALL will know
about the secretive life of the yellow perstop. RMC you ought to charge RM for all this training we are getting. :dance
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by ashadd »

!!!!!! WARNING !!!!!! ........I thaught i had subdued the " wee beastie " yellow pod, but it appears it has escaped from our DO.Please approach with caution.....It could also have been helped by a lino or dim dom, who might have thaught , that by putting it in a cage , it would render it harmless. WRONG!!!! It is now roaming free , be afraid , be very afraid.........terms and conditions apply :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by Lounge Lizard »

I might add that on those rare mornings when I see a yellow pod while sorting for the rest of the day my head is full of these dozen tunes ;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlNZN94_u-s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmVvgo1wxh4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTKSCxYHfJw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6VHHCrU1sI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCCjv2OiTxE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ-vqFcWzNY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4NQz-qxEbk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQxLTCQop2I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR7FF-Gw-Hs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=did2PTV3UTE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdmjbxMs7hg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCsYDZ2M04M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:Very Happy
so which of these is YOUR favourite, and why ? :Very Happy
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16742
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Yellow Pods

Post by clashcityrocker »

Your head must be very big to accomodate all those tunes.
I can only manage one at a time and I even have to jettison that while out on delivery, or I start making mistakes.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.