I'm not going to bang on about bullying because I believe enough people on here have stated quite clearly it goes on now and will go on in the future and NOTHING will stop it.dingo wrote:Fishtank name any company in the UK who has opened its doors to allow an independent inquiry into bullying and harrassment . There is not one. The union tried but the company said no , what can we do go on strike to get one ?
Now with regards to bullying last year I know what was happening Royal Mail were introducing unagreed standards and when indivduals were not completing the tasks they were taking them off their whole days pay.
Of course bullying goes on in other forms , but lets be honest that is not just by managers there is plenty of bullying from member to member as well.
Look I would love to say that we will never see anymore bullying in the industry but I have worked in the industry for close on 26 years and it has always occured .
Agreed standards are covered twice in the agreement 1 under productivity I think its page 17 and once under measurement systems and thats on page 23.
Now the workshops started today and will continue the rest of the week.
Dvbuk there is nothing wrong with the geo route prinicipal it is used throughout the world. The problem is that Royal Mail alters the planning values which are then unrealistic. So for instance they have reduced walking speeds and increased time you have for attendance calls under geo route 2008 but then have altered other planning values to counter balance those changes which are then unrealistic. The union however now has a chance to test these unrealistic standards in a live environment with full access to the tool something we have never had previously.
Now getting back to the original question will this proposal stop bullying well it wont stop bullying in total but it should stop people getting bullied by unagreed standards and then taken off pay.
Thats what was the main factor last year as that is why that was contained in the interim agreement.
But geo route. I didn't say that geo route as a tool was not useful, we have already had a geo route revision almost two years ago, which should have been reviewed of course and never was. However what I did say was that the system itself was not designed for this country with this system and that you cannot dispute. More emphasis should be placed on human input over machine results instead of the opposite way round. This in itself causes a tendency to "bully" people into producing what the system says you can and what is practical in reality.