And we will be the ones paying for it!. For it is not the future of the CWU which is in doubt but all our futures and for the very fact that they neglected to give the facts out to all who will have a say on this so called deal. HAVE THEY SOMETHING TO HIDE FROM US ALL?.dvbuk55 wrote:You are voting for the future of the CWU at any price.k979aaa wrote:And what do we pay our union subs for to vote on thin air a manifesto for change without not knowing for what change this is like writing out a blank cheque signed sealed delivered to royalmail. IN GOD'S NAME WHAT ARE WE VOTING FOR OR NOT FOR?.Stormproof wrote:But if you know anyone who doesn't yet have a copy of the deal. Perhaps you could print them a copy. It won't cost much.
An 80 page document will cost quite a bit to print off on a home PC, unless you pay peanuts for your ink
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How can members make a fully informed decision
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: How can members make a fully informed decision
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: How can members make a fully informed decision
Not ALL no, I am sure the glitterati are in the know and if it is voted in they will be breathing a sigh of relief I shouldn't wonder - another 3 years of ..............................................................................k979aaa wrote:And we will be the ones paying for it!. For it is not the future of the CWU which is in doubt but all our futures and for the very fact that they neglected to give the facts out to all who will have a say on this so called deal. HAVE THEY SOMETHING TO HIDE FROM US ALL?.dvbuk55 wrote:You are voting for the future of the CWU at any price.k979aaa wrote:And what do we pay our union subs for to vote on thin air a manifesto for change without not knowing for what change this is like writing out a blank cheque signed sealed delivered to royalmail. IN GOD'S NAME WHAT ARE WE VOTING FOR OR NOT FOR?.Stormproof wrote:But if you know anyone who doesn't yet have a copy of the deal. Perhaps you could print them a copy. It won't cost much.
An 80 page document will cost quite a bit to print off on a home PC, unless you pay peanuts for your ink
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How can members make a fully informed decision
I, and I think you yourself, have a sneaky feeling that if that is their hope it will be dashed within a few weeks and certainly nott outside 6months before HQ start trying to put out flare ups up and down the country.dvbuk55 wrote: another 3 years of ..............................................................................
I really do hope that this does herald a new dawn for the way the CWU and RM handle things, but I am afraid my guts are telling me a different story.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: How can members make a fully informed decision
I don't think your guts are wrong.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I, and I think you yourself, have a sneaky feeling that if that is their hope it will be dashed within a few weeks and certainly nott outside 6months before HQ start trying to put out flare ups up and down the country.dvbuk55 wrote: another 3 years of ..............................................................................
I really do hope that this does herald a new dawn for the way the CWU and RM handle things, but I am afraid my guts are telling me a different story.
There are too many different managers in too many different areas all with different takes on what at best is a vague agreement for their not to be problems.
What we cannot accept if this agreement is accepted is for certain areas to be left high and dry as they were after 2007.
That was unforgivable then and will be more so now and if HQ think they can sweep things under the carpet or blame "rogue managers" or "teething troubles" then i would suggest they start clearing their desks now.
If members are continually left exposed and they feel they are not being heard then whatever is left of the membership after this agreement will simply give up and leave.
There is absolutely no point in having a union in the workplace if it doesn't represent.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: How can members make a fully informed decision
Inevitable really when you think about it. Both parties interests are diametrically opposed . Ordinary CWU members want a living wage and manageable workload; RM want to maximise profits and bonuses by reducing your wage to the lowest possible level and increasing your workload to the maximum tolerable amount. No judgement ,that is the way it is . A conflict of interests but oddly the side holding the power is the only one to give ground . FishyTrueBlueTerrier wrote:I, and I think you yourself, have a sneaky feeling that if that is their hope it will be dashed within a few weeks and certainly nott outside 6months before HQ start trying to put out flare ups up and down the country.dvbuk55 wrote: another 3 years of ..............................................................................
I really do hope that this does herald a new dawn for the way the CWU and RM handle things, but I am afraid my guts are telling me a different story.
Bye
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: How can members make a fully informed decision
Reading peoples posts over the last 4 months since ballot it is obvious to me members were fully informed on the agreement and cast their vote (or not) accordingly

This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: How can members make a fully informed decision
Getting fishier by the day
Now who would have guessed that? 
Bye