ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by Martin Walsh »

If this agreement is accepted by the membership then the important thing is that every unit rep is assisted in the process by both the area rep (branch ) and the divisional reps.

This strategy must include setting up weekly divisional meetings with the delivery reps , distribution reps and processing reps to ensure that Royal Mail are keeping to the agreement.

Training has to be introduced quickly and certianly in the area I cover we are going to be introducing support for the local reps in the way of a rep who can assist them in geo route.

Meetings with members will be important as the agreement allows them choose the attendances they want the revison to adopt.

In London we have always attempted to put in ways to assist delivery units reps via the area reps whenever a national agreement is in place. This time it is essential that this is done quickly as Royal Mail`s regional managment structures will ensure that they attempt to have a centrilised programme for revisons.
realmichael
Posts: 151
Joined: 21 Feb 2010, 13:11
Gender: Male
Location: between a rock and a hard place

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by realmichael »

if its a yes vote (and i think it will be) it wont make this a good deal!

fear is what will bring about a yes vote
"Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains."
"Without doubt, machinery has greatly increased the number of well-to-do idlers."
"An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory"
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by andy2007 »

Or people not reading it properly, and just wanting to get their hands on the lump sums! :arrrghhh

But to be fair. There are some, who genuinely believe it's a good deal. But I doubt there are enough to get it voted in, without those who're either scared or only interested in short term gain.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by fishtank »

andy2007 wrote:Or people not reading it properly, and just wanting to get their hands on the lump sums! :arrrghhh

But to be fair. There are some, who genuinely believe it's a good deal. But I doubt there are enough to get it voted in, without those who're either scared or only interested in short term gain.

Well to be fair andy if the rumours are true and members will not recieve a full copy of the agreement then you cannot blame them for not fully understanding the implications of the deal.
If it does turn out to be true i would not wish to continue to be a part of a union that deliberately attempts to misdirect it's members in such a way.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by andy2007 »

I'm not blaming those who don't have access to the deal. I mean the ones who've been provided with it, but can't be bothered to read it properly. I don't know what it's like where you are. But as far as I know, we've all got our hands on the deal. Either off the Internet, or paper copies provided by others. If you know someone who hasn't got a copy and doesn't have the Internet. Then perhaps you could print one off for them, if your Reps haven't. It doesn't cost much to print a couple of copies out. And I assume that the majority of your Collegues have the Internet, so they could get a copy themselves.

If worst comes to the worst. You could always suggest that they go to their local Library, and download it there. I doubt that there's anyone left who doesn't have a computer, even if they don't have the Internet.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by fishtank »

andy2007 wrote:I'm not blaming those who don't have access to the deal. I mean the ones who've been provided with it, but can't be bothered to read it properly. I don't know what it's like where you are. But as far as I know, we've all got our hands on the deal. Either off the Internet, or paper copies provided by others. If you know someone who hasn't got a copy and doesn't have the Internet. Then perhaps you could print one off for them, if your Reps haven't. It doesn't cost much to print a couple of copies out. And I assume that the majority of your Collegues have the Internet, so they could get a copy themselves.

If worst comes to the worst. You could always suggest that they go to their local Library, and download it there. I doubt that there's anyone left who doesn't have a computer, even if they don't have the Internet.
I understand your position however it begs the question where does HQs responsibility to inform the membership end and individual responsibility to seek out that information begin?
And of course the next question which is.....is there another agenda behind not sending out the full agreement?
I have no doubt that the DVD extolling the virtues of this agreement will still be sent out to all members. :hmmmm
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
drb
Posts: 1044
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
Gender: Male

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by drb »

I understand your position however it begs the question where does HQs responsibility to inform the membership end and individual responsibility to seek out that information begin?
And of course the next question which is.....is there another agenda behind not sending out the full agreement?
I have no doubt that the DVD extolling the virtues of this agreement will still be sent out to all members.
If we had a meeting tomorrow in the canteen,I promise you...only 75% would turn up.The business would rather we have the new agreement meeting on a Tuesday too.The minute you start getting over complex decisions the eyes glaze over!!

I sent it to everyone who gave me an email address,(very few there too).

Us folk on here who take the time to post and debate are a minority.It doesn't matter whether we feel the deal is bad or not.Delivery Best Practice offices SHOULD NOT BE WORKING..but they are. Why?
johnnyp
Posts: 5239
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: SE ENGLAND

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by johnnyp »

drb wrote:I will ask again....How Many Of You Went To Your AGM?
I did :Very Happy
drb
Posts: 1044
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
Gender: Male

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by drb »

johnnyp wrote:
drb wrote:I will ask again....How Many Of You Went To Your AGM?
I did :Very Happy
Thats 2 of us Johnny!! Ha Ha!!
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by belle smith »

drb wrote:If we had a meeting tomorrow in the canteen,I promise you...only 75% would turn up.The business would rather we have the new agreement meeting on a Tuesday too.The minute you start getting over complex decisions the eyes glaze over!!
That many.....see before the eyes start to glaze over are there people saying "right don't ask any questions".
drb wrote:Us folk on here who take the time to post and debate are a minority.It doesn't matter whether we feel the deal is bad or not.Delivery Best Practice offices SHOULD NOT BE WORKING..but they are. Why?
I think you know the answer to that.
Well not just the usual, there are some in our offices with duties that are to big....they still somehow finish early??? as well as working through M/R etc. there are just some people who are supper quick.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

POSTMAN wrote:
drb wrote:I will ask again....How Many Of You Went To Your AGM?
Hold tight drb,give the thread a day or 2.

My AGM has not been done this year so far,but when i've been there are usually 30-40 if we're lucky there.And i'm being generous with the amount!
This out of what,possibly off the top of my head way over 1000!!!
I thought we were bad at 45 to 50 out of 250 :shock: and to answer no I did not attend the Branch AGM its held in another city on a Sunday fairly early in the morning so is quite difficult to get to. I have however been to every picket line, union meeting, gate gathering and local meeting since I joined.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
AnotherLimey
Posts: 751
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:45
Gender: Male

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by AnotherLimey »

lovejoy wrote:Whatever the arguments about how this deal is good / not so good for individuals there is no debate when it comes to local reps.

If a local rep cannot pick up this agreement and see that it significantly moves them forward from where they are now then I give up I really do.

As a local rep......

Are you currently involved in the revision process from start to finish ..... no.

Are you currently able to obtain all relevant mail volumes, streams, and traffic date.... no

Do you currently have the the ability to protect your members with a nationally agreed set of work standards....no (and don;t start moaning about where are they because ACAS , the CWU and RM are meeting this week to finalise them and RM have agreed not to push on any revisions until they are readY)

Are you currently able to use a nationally agreed menu of options to introduce innovative duties into your DO? (menu should be tied up and out this week).......no.

I have to be straight here with this one........ if a local rep cannot grab this deal by the scruff of the neck and make it work then there is something wrong.
Then by your thinking my area and local reps are idioits as they are recommending a big fat NO, I know and trust the poeple in the portsmouth area, they are good people and know what they are doing, I do not however know you Lovejoy, anyway..... i was and am a no vote so i know where i stand and must be stupid too. :wink:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by dvbuk55 »

lovejoy wrote:Whatever the arguments about how this deal is good / not so good for individuals there is no debate when it comes to local reps.

If a local rep cannot pick up this agreement and see that it significantly moves them forward from where they are now then I give up I really do.

As a local rep......

Are you currently involved in the revision process from start to finish ..... no.

Are you currently able to obtain all relevant mail volumes, streams, and traffic date.... no

Do you currently have the the ability to protect your members with a nationally agreed set of work standards....no (and don;t start moaning about where are they because ACAS , the CWU and RM are meeting this week to finalise them and RM have agreed not to push on any revisions until they are readY)

Are you currently able to use a nationally agreed menu of options to introduce innovative duties into your DO? (menu should be tied up and out this week).......no.

I have to be straight here with this one........ if a local rep cannot grab this deal by the scruff of the neck and make it work then there is something wrong.
Well you've got one thing right here lovejoy - the thing that is wrong is this deal. Any plans for areas where the members aren't represented and don't have a local rep? Why haven't the work standards already been agreed - was one of the cries not NOTHING IS AGREED UNTIL EVERYTHING IS AGREED so we can't tell you anything.

Are these revision tools going to be sent out before the ballot papers, with the ballot papers and what about the duty matrix, now or later?
Steviea34
Posts: 474
Joined: 10 Apr 2009, 10:44
Gender: Male

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by Steviea34 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
lovejoy wrote:Whatever the arguments about how this deal is good / not so good for individuals there is no debate when it comes to local reps.

If a local rep cannot pick up this agreement and see that it significantly moves them forward from where they are now then I give up I really do.

As a local rep......

Are you currently involved in the revision process from start to finish ..... no.

Are you currently able to obtain all relevant mail volumes, streams, and traffic date.... no

Do you currently have the the ability to protect your members with a nationally agreed set of work standards....no (and don;t start moaning about where are they because ACAS , the CWU and RM are meeting this week to finalise them and RM have agreed not to push on any revisions until they are readY)

Are you currently able to use a nationally agreed menu of options to introduce innovative duties into your DO? (menu should be tied up and out this week).......no.

I have to be straight here with this one........ if a local rep cannot grab this deal by the scruff of the neck and make it work then there is something wrong.
Well you've got one thing right here lovejoy - the thing that is wrong is this deal. Any plans for areas where the members aren't represented and don't have a local rep? Why haven't the work standards already been agreed - was one of the cries not NOTHING IS AGREED UNTIL EVERYTHING IS AGREED so we can't tell you anything.

Are these revision tools going to be sent out before the ballot papers, with the ballot papers and what about the duty matrix, now or later?

The tools are already there, the problem is the measurements to be used are not agreed, i say that because nobody from the CWU will contradict
me on this. As for the MENU - Ramsays kitchen nightmares springs to mind :crazy:
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by Big Daz »

cdv and attendance stuff are intended to be out this week. Just waiting to hear from RM that there is full and final agreement on the documentation content.