ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by fishtank »

drb wrote:
And so you should be because if history has taught us anything when Royal Mail is finished with the weak offices they will then come after the rest.
Where are the reps.......doing their best under difficult circumstances.
Where are the Branches and commitees.....that's a question you had better ask them for we have full-time jobs and families and more important things to worry about.
Still Scared Sir as you have not addressed the problem.....What are you prepared to do about the real issues? Apart from putting the "X" in? Ask the questions,Here is a tip for your next WTL:

Why have the business spent up tp £100,000 on tv screens in which do not get used?

Why have the business invested in companies in Europe and sold one,(in which they bought), for a £1.00?

Why do the business pay coaches £30.00 per week for nothing?

Why do the business base BSi on budget then fatigue and stress?

Why have the business implemented geo route in offices with "flawed" parameters?

Why do the business base low sick levels and low accidents and apply it to their bonuses?

Why has a bullying senior manager been paid off and now gone to......British Airways!!!

...and the hits just keep on comin'
drb i think you have your posts mixed up. :hmmmm
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by BELIAL »

lovejoy wrote:
drb wrote::whistle
drb you won't find anyone on here who will reply to that. Most don't attend agms / meetings to ask questions. they prefer to live in what I now like to call rmchatworld. In 2007 when the vote came it in showed that it was a seperate world to the majority. I wonder what 2010 will bring.
:chuckle :chuckle You got a bad attitude there LJ. Uncalled for I'd say
I know a few officials who wish some people wouldn't go to meetings and ask difficult questions . I know a few officials who would use any trick in or out of the book to stifle debate and avoid a democratic vote. Bloody hell I even now some officials who like to keep the details of their meetings as quiet as they possibly can. Now I'm sure it is not like that in your neck of the woods, but I'm also sure that mine is not the only area where that goes on
Bye
macphee1
Posts: 105
Joined: 18 Oct 2009, 13:08
Gender: Male

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by macphee1 »

k979aaa wrote:
macphee1 wrote:
lovejoy wrote:Whatever the arguments about how this deal is good / not so good for individuals there is no debate when it comes to local reps.

If a local rep cannot pick up this agreement and see that it significantly moves them forward from where they are now then I give up I really do.

As a local rep......

Are you currently involved in the revision process from start to finish ..... no.

Are you currently able to obtain all relevant mail volumes, streams, and traffic date.... no

Do you currently have the the ability to protect your members with a nationally agreed set of work standards....no (and don;t start moaning about where are they because ACAS , the CWU and RM are meeting this week to finalise them and RM have agreed not to push on any revisions until they are readY)

Are you currently able to use a nationally agreed menu of options to introduce innovative duties into your DO? (menu should be tied up and out this week).......no.

I have to be straight here with this one........ if a local rep cannot grab this deal by the scruff of the neck and make it work then there is something wrong.
As a newish local rep I would tend to agree with the above,but would like to see more from Royal Mail(especially on a local level) about how they're going to change relationships,build trust,take the workforce with them etc...

Whenever I ask my manager anything searching about the agreement or the future,he's either clueless(no change there),evasive and/or ignorant/economical with the truth.
That is one hell of a task and now you are finding how difficult it can be but i wish you well and all the best!.
Giving up isn't an option as we were previously a weak office with either no rep or a poor rep who believed our managers interpretation of previous agreements.

Later Saturdays have been in since we went to one delivery.Delivery spans for town duties are 4.5 to 5 hours and rurals are between 5.5 and 6.5 hours.Getting this changed has been almost impossible,but we have made it more manageable with more pouch boxes,lighter bags,combined walking/driving duties etc..

The increased workload(some would sat unreasonable) meaning we almost all go over from Wednesday onwards(all booked as overtime) has had one positive,in that people are less apathetic,less trusting of Royal Mail,and more likely to voice their displeasure.
Better go now as I want to be fresh tomorrow when I place the National Agreement on delivery of election material on my Managers desk and ask why he is breaching a national agreement.Can't wait.
drb
Posts: 1044
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
Gender: Male

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by drb »

They are not posts mixed up Fishtank.They are quite condusive.The amount of apathy we have amongst members,(I am not including you sir),is really scary.We have now hit a "wall".Whether we like it or nor not.
This day was ALWAYS going to happen.

The trust issue is HUGE.We have to organise.Get those offices in which have geo route in.Dismantle them.Start afresh.The business will have no way to turn but go BACK to the shareholder.
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by belle smith »

lovejoy wrote:
drb wrote::whistle
drb you won't find anyone on here who will reply to that. Most don't attend agms / meetings to ask questions. they prefer to live in what I now like to call rmchatworld. In 2007 when the vote came it in showed that it was a seperate world to the majority. I wonder what 2010 will bring.
Didn't attend this years AGM, i have been to one before though.
You shouldn't be so cynacial Lovejoy. :wink:
Last edited by belle smith on 05 Apr 2010, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by k979aaa »

macphee1 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
macphee1 wrote:
lovejoy wrote:Whatever the arguments about how this deal is good / not so good for individuals there is no debate when it comes to local reps.

If a local rep cannot pick up this agreement and see that it significantly moves them forward from where they are now then I give up I really do.

As a local rep......

Are you currently involved in the revision process from start to finish ..... no.

Are you currently able to obtain all relevant mail volumes, streams, and traffic date.... no

Do you currently have the the ability to protect your members with a nationally agreed set of work standards....no (and don;t start moaning about where are they because ACAS , the CWU and RM are meeting this week to finalise them and RM have agreed not to push on any revisions until they are readY)

Are you currently able to use a nationally agreed menu of options to introduce innovative duties into your DO? (menu should be tied up and out this week).......no.

I have to be straight here with this one........ if a local rep cannot grab this deal by the scruff of the neck and make it work then there is something wrong.
As a newish local rep I would tend to agree with the above,but would like to see more from Royal Mail(especially on a local level) about how they're going to change relationships,build trust,take the workforce with them etc...

Whenever I ask my manager anything searching about the agreement or the future,he's either clueless(no change there),evasive and/or ignorant/economical with the truth.
That is one hell of a task and now you are finding how difficult it can be but i wish you well and all the best!.
Giving up isn't an option as we were previously a weak office with either no rep or a poor rep who believed our managers interpretation of previous agreements.

Later Saturdays have been in since we went to one delivery.Delivery spans for town duties are 4.5 to 5 hours and rurals are between 5.5 and 6.5 hours.Getting this changed has been almost impossible,but we have made it more manageable with more pouch boxes,lighter bags,combined walking/driving duties etc..

The increased workload(some would sat unreasonable) meaning we almost all go over from Wednesday onwards(all booked as overtime) has had one positive,in that people are less apathetic,less trusting of Royal Mail,and more likely to voice their displeasure.
Better go now as I want to be fresh tomorrow when I place the National Agreement on delivery of election material on my Managers desk and ask why he is breaching a national agreement.Can't wait.
Good luck mate. :Applause :Applause :Applause
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by andy2007 »

lovejoy wrote:
andy2007 wrote:You're right, that you've never said that this is a good agreement Lovejoy. But what you have been doing, is trying to convince everyone that it's the best we're going to get, and that if we vote against it, we're doomed to more Strikes, and a worse deal at the end of it.

You're as entitled to that view, as we are to ours. But I find it disheartening that you hold that view. Particularly that you keep telling us there's simply no more money. When a large majority of us are far more concerned about our terms and conditions, than getting more money. :hmmmm

I know that it's been a goal of the CWU to get us better pay, for some time now. And although I think it's fair to say, that we'd all be very happy if we achieved it. Quite frankly, the cost, just for the increase this deal promises. Is simply too great. Despite what many DO Posties believe. It's a bad deal for MC/RDC workers too, if they read it properly. Although I doubt that many will take the time to find that out, before it's too late. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

I have highlighted specific myths, regarding the deal. Including the problems for MC/RDC workers. And so far, no-one has tried to dispel them (unless someone replied since I last checked, earlier today). I wonder why? :hmmmm
I haven't seen you posts on MC Andy? Don't look in that section tbh.

So if it is not money for you then what are your issues? i haven't seen any of your posts.
The one I was referring to, is in here: http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 42&t=25914" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (in the 2010 and beyond section). Although there are a few others. Including:
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 42&t=25945" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 30#p259030" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And particularly in this one: http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 42&t=25430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
drb
Posts: 1044
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
Gender: Male

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by drb »

Didn't attend this years AGM, i have been to one before though.
I go to every single one.Whether it be treasury or outdoor or H&S.I try and get a motion in on everything.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by k979aaa »

drb wrote:They are not posts mixed up Fishtank.They are quite condusive.The amount of apathy we have amongst members,(I am not including you sir),is really scary.We have now hit a "wall".Whether we like it or nor not.
This day was ALWAYS going to happen.

The trust issue is HUGE.We have to organise.Get those offices in which have geo route in.Dismantle them.Start afresh.The business will have no way to turn but go BACK to the shareholder.
Look i know Adam :cfo is small but even i would not trust him further than i could throw him!.
lovejoy
Posts: 1255
Joined: 30 Apr 2007, 12:59

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by lovejoy »

andy2007 wrote:
lovejoy wrote:
andy2007 wrote:You're right, that you've never said that this is a good agreement Lovejoy. But what you have been doing, is trying to convince everyone that it's the best we're going to get, and that if we vote against it, we're doomed to more Strikes, and a worse deal at the end of it.

You're as entitled to that view, as we are to ours. But I find it disheartening that you hold that view. Particularly that you keep telling us there's simply no more money. When a large majority of us are far more concerned about our terms and conditions, than getting more money. :hmmmm

I know that it's been a goal of the CWU to get us better pay, for some time now. And although I think it's fair to say, that we'd all be very happy if we achieved it. Quite frankly, the cost, just for the increase this deal promises. Is simply too great. Despite what many DO Posties believe. It's a bad deal for MC/RDC workers too, if they read it properly. Although I doubt that many will take the time to find that out, before it's too late. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

I have highlighted specific myths, regarding the deal. Including the problems for MC/RDC workers. And so far, no-one has tried to dispel them (unless someone replied since I last checked, earlier today). I wonder why? :hmmmm
I haven't seen you posts on MC Andy? Don't look in that section tbh.

So if it is not money for you then what are your issues? i haven't seen any of your posts.
The one I was referring to, is in here: http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 42&t=25914" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (in the 2010 and beyond section). Although there are a few others. Including:
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 42&t=25945" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 30#p259030" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And particularly in this one: http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 42&t=25430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've replied to one in the other thread mate
drb
Posts: 1044
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
Gender: Male

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by drb »

It makes me sound like a "saddo" actually Belle....And I am Not One!! ha ha!!!
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by belle smith »

drb wrote:
Didn't attend this years AGM, i have been to one before though.
I go to every single one.Whether it be treasury or outdoor or H&S.I try and get a motion in on everything.
Hats off to you. :Applause
I was aiming that more at Lovejoy as he said that no one on here would respond, granted attendind a meeting is nothing to shout about.
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by belle smith »

drb wrote:It makes me sound like a "saddo" actually Belle....And I am Not One!! ha ha!!!
Makes you sound like someone worthy of respect to me.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by k979aaa »

drb wrote:It makes me sound like a "saddo" actually Belle....And I am Not One!! ha ha!!!
It is not sad but commendable but it will not change the world nor stop the capitalist pigs dipping their snout in the trough!.
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps

Post by andy2007 »

Thanks Lovejoy.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!