Excellent! Now what are YOU prepared to do about it? Don't critisise...ORGANISE! Whether it be CWU,Unite,RMT...whatever.If it's broken....fix it!!Just gave opinions and made observations.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
-
lovejoy
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: 30 Apr 2007, 12:59
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
The 3 threads you have started this weekend have all been aimed at stirring the same old posts and the same old face and you know they have.gb93 wrote:To play you at your own game lovejoy (mate) show me were i have promoted a no vote.
Just gave opinions and made observations.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
Well drb my cross on the ballot paper might be were i start to do something about it.
Or it could be the end.
Or it could be the end.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
drb wrote:I'm "cacking it" now! I didn't realise how many "weak" offices there were there out there! Where the f***k are you lot's reps? Where are your branches? Where are your commitees?
And so you should be because if history has taught us anything when Royal Mail is finished with the weak offices they will then come after the rest.
Where are the reps.......doing their best under difficult circumstances.
Where are the Branches and commitees.....that's a question you had better ask them for we have full-time jobs and families and more important things to worry about.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
You're right, that you've never said that this is a good agreement Lovejoy. But what you have been doing, is trying to convince everyone that it's the best we're going to get, and that if we vote against it, we're doomed to more Strikes, and a worse deal at the end of it.
You're as entitled to that view, as we are to ours. But I find it disheartening that you hold that view. Particularly that you keep telling us there's simply no more money. When a large majority of us are far more concerned about our terms and conditions, than getting more money.
I know that it's been a goal of the CWU to get us better pay, for some time now. And although I think it's fair to say, that we'd all be very happy if we achieved it. Quite frankly, the cost, just for the increase this deal promises. Is simply too great. Despite what many DO Posties believe. It's a bad deal for MC/RDC workers too, if they read it properly. Although I doubt that many will take the time to find that out, before it's too late.
I have highlighted specific myths, regarding the deal. Including the problems for MC/RDC workers. And so far, no-one has tried to dispel them (unless someone replied since I last checked, earlier today). I wonder why?
You're as entitled to that view, as we are to ours. But I find it disheartening that you hold that view. Particularly that you keep telling us there's simply no more money. When a large majority of us are far more concerned about our terms and conditions, than getting more money.
I know that it's been a goal of the CWU to get us better pay, for some time now. And although I think it's fair to say, that we'd all be very happy if we achieved it. Quite frankly, the cost, just for the increase this deal promises. Is simply too great. Despite what many DO Posties believe. It's a bad deal for MC/RDC workers too, if they read it properly. Although I doubt that many will take the time to find that out, before it's too late.
I have highlighted specific myths, regarding the deal. Including the problems for MC/RDC workers. And so far, no-one has tried to dispel them (unless someone replied since I last checked, earlier today). I wonder why?
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
lovejoy
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: 30 Apr 2007, 12:59
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
drb you won't find anyone on here who will reply to that. Most don't attend agms / meetings to ask questions. they prefer to live in what I now like to call rmchatworld. In 2007 when the vote came it in showed that it was a seperate world to the majority. I wonder what 2010 will bring.drb wrote:
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
Hold tight drb,give the thread a day or 2.drb wrote:I will ask again....How Many Of You Went To Your AGM?
My AGM has not been done this year so far,but when i've been there are usually 30-40 if we're lucky there.And i'm being generous with the amount!
This out of what,possibly off the top of my head way over 1000!!!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
Well I lobbied my MP when the postal liberation came through.I lobbied him again when they pushed it through 2 years earlier.I attended all my AGM's and got all our members to sign the EDM's against privatisation.We atteneded our last AGM and overturned the branches reccomendation from yes to no. You?
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
"You" Being anyone by the way...not Postman...we love Postman!!!
-
lovejoy
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: 30 Apr 2007, 12:59
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
I haven't seen you posts on MC Andy? Don't look in that section tbh.andy2007 wrote:You're right, that you've never said that this is a good agreement Lovejoy. But what you have been doing, is trying to convince everyone that it's the best we're going to get, and that if we vote against it, we're doomed to more Strikes, and a worse deal at the end of it.
You're as entitled to that view, as we are to ours. But I find it disheartening that you hold that view. Particularly that you keep telling us there's simply no more money. When a large majority of us are far more concerned about our terms and conditions, than getting more money.![]()
I know that it's been a goal of the CWU to get us better pay, for some time now. And although I think it's fair to say, that we'd all be very happy if we achieved it. Quite frankly, the cost, just for the increase this deal promises. Is simply too great. Despite what many DO Posties believe. It's a bad deal for MC/RDC workers too, if they read it properly. Although I doubt that many will take the time to find that out, before it's too late.![]()
![]()
I have highlighted specific myths, regarding the deal. Including the problems for MC/RDC workers. And so far, no-one has tried to dispel them (unless someone replied since I last checked, earlier today). I wonder why?
So if it is not money for you then what are your issues? i haven't seen any of your posts.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
The trouble LJ is that there are precious few local reps and branches that are up to the task. The world of RM looks very different if your union officials are not quite up to scratch. Seems like some of this deal looks fine in theory but just wait till you try to implement the beneficial bits. Perhaps you should remember the 2007 deal that you spoke in favour of, perhaps you should recall the way you dismissed the critics of that deal and how you rubbished their views. We all know the outcome of that little adventure and here we are again three years down the line making the self same mistakes over and over again.A good local rep and branch will pick up this agreeement,, build good revisions and better the current set of duties for their members. If you can't see that then its not me trying to convince you it's you not wanting to be convinced!
RM will use this deal to pick off the weakest first and when they have done that they will come for the "brave strong " offices and you can strike for 20 or 100 days and it will make no odds because you will be few in number and the reinforcements will have been wiped out long before.
Bye
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
Still Scared Sir as you have not addressed the problem.....What are you prepared to do about the real issues? Apart from putting the "X" in? Ask the questions,Here is a tip for your next WTL:And so you should be because if history has taught us anything when Royal Mail is finished with the weak offices they will then come after the rest.
Where are the reps.......doing their best under difficult circumstances.
Where are the Branches and commitees.....that's a question you had better ask them for we have full-time jobs and families and more important things to worry about.
Why have the business spent up tp £100,000 on tv screens in which do not get used?
Why have the business invested in companies in Europe and sold one,(in which they bought), for a £1.00?
Why do the business pay coaches £30.00 per week for nothing?
Why do the business base BSi on budget then fatigue and stress?
Why have the business implemented geo route in offices with "flawed" parameters?
Why do the business base low sick levels and low accidents and apply it to their bonuses?
Why has a bullying senior manager been paid off and now gone to......British Airways!!!
...and the hits just keep on comin'
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
It will not make any difference if you did go to you AGM or other meeting the thing is we do not have our hands on the purse-strings as such we can only withhold our labour for never will you change the greed and avarice of royalmaill on your own for that is for the politicians of this world and we all know where their interests lie!.lovejoy wrote:drb you won't find anyone on here who will reply to that. Most don't attend agms / meetings to ask questions. they prefer to live in what I now like to call rmchatworld. In 2007 when the vote came it in showed that it was a seperate world to the majority. I wonder what 2010 will bring.drb wrote:
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
Just put things out there to be debated lovejoy, if my threads started had no revelance then surely their would have not been many posts in reply.
Debate is a good thing surely and all sides can make their arguments and views as they wish, you dont want to stiffle debate do you.
As far as i can remember i have never told anybody to vote no.
I have not cast my vote yet and my mind is not made up 100% either way yet.
If i have ruffled a few feathers it is only in the interest of starting open debates, nothing personal honestly.
I quite enjoy our back and forth (sad i know) but it is in good faith.
Because we may have different views on agreement doesnt make us enimies.
Debate is a good thing surely and all sides can make their arguments and views as they wish, you dont want to stiffle debate do you.
As far as i can remember i have never told anybody to vote no.
I have not cast my vote yet and my mind is not made up 100% either way yet.
If i have ruffled a few feathers it is only in the interest of starting open debates, nothing personal honestly.
I quite enjoy our back and forth (sad i know) but it is in good faith.
Because we may have different views on agreement doesnt make us enimies.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Is 2010 & Beyond a good deal for unit reps
lovejoy wrote:drb you won't find anyone on here who will reply to that. Most don't attend agms / meetings to ask questions. they prefer to live in what I now like to call rmchatworld. In 2007 when the vote came it in showed that it was a seperate world to the majority. I wonder what 2010 will bring.drb wrote:
That's very arrogant Lovejoy we all know what happened in 2007...and 2008...and 2009.
It would seem in my opinion that you are fixated with the result of these ballots but the aftermath.....not so much?
Personally i'm much more worried about what comes after the vote be it yes or no,than gloating about the result.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share