ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

You tube disciplinary

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
cruisey
Posts: 389
Joined: 24 May 2007, 20:11
Location: BIRMINGHAM

You tube disciplinary

Post by cruisey »

We live in a democracy with freedom of speech. Whatever you do on this site is outside work hours. If RM threatens conduct dismissal, go to CWU area and ask to speak to an industrial solicitor.
underpaid
Posts: 103
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 13:04

Post by underpaid »

anyone got any info on royal mails confidential terms
vigilante
Posts: 1155
Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
Gender: Male
Location: dangerously close

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Post by vigilante »

As long as you don't mention obvious things under the secrets act we can say what we like.
We are not in a dictatorship yet.
Only under that dictator we got in charge,
fedup postie
Posts: 252
Joined: 12 May 2007, 21:59
Gender: Male

Post by fedup postie »

Does not commercial sensitivity come into it?
Staffordshire
IWW Fellow Worker
Posts: 3644
Joined: 30 May 2007, 14:27
Gender: Male

Post by IWW Fellow Worker »

fedup postie wrote:Does not commercial sensitivity come into it?
It might if we weren't run by blundering idiots who wasted millions on a new name and logo, bought foreign firms which were failures, plasma screens which don't work, and rewarded the top parasites with millions and the lower parasites with thousands. I really don't think the people running big business have anything to learn from the basket cases running this one.
The Industrial Workers of the World. The union whose members never scab!

"The working class and the employing class have nothing in common."
fedup postie
Posts: 252
Joined: 12 May 2007, 21:59
Gender: Male

Post by fedup postie »

:Applause :funneh :funneh
Staffordshire
norbet colon
Posts: 914
Joined: 29 May 2007, 19:56
Location: elsewhere

Re: FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Post by norbet colon »

cornishrep wrote:As long as you don't mention obvious things under the secrets act we can say what we like.
We are not in a dictatorship yet.
Only under that dictator we got in charge,
There's a counter site on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/CWUSCUM ,"visit my channel for more videos of idiotic postman"" another fine member of Royal Mail" BIT NAUGHTY ? :lfo Whose behind that?
Last edited by norbet colon on 04 Aug 2007, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
Leyton Crozier
Posts: 49
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 18:35

Management Gestapo

Post by Leyton Crozier »

New to the site and was wondering if any of these threats had been carried out. If so what was the outcome. I know they like using the bullying and harrasment procedure for their own ends :roll: especially to deal with reps.
norbet colon
Posts: 914
Joined: 29 May 2007, 19:56
Location: elsewhere

Re: Management Gestapo

Post by norbet colon »

Leyton Crozier wrote:New to the site and was wondering if any of these threats had been carried out. If so what was the outcome. I know they like using the bullying and harrasment procedure for their own ends :roll: especially to deal with reps.
there was a comment on that one which looks if someone's urinating but it's actually someone behind him with a watering can ! , it said this individual is NOT a CWU member, he was aware it would be uploaded to You Tube , he IS being disciplined but it'll be another addition to his already thick file. It's in a collection called CWUSCUM .
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Post by NWpostie »

seems the managements follows the rules when it suits them, they ignore it at their own convenience, such attitudes will only breed resentment and it would only take a fairly unstable individual who feel victimised and the rules is not followed properly , without any recourse, he is liable to tip over and grab a kitchen knife and stab the offending Superviser or Manager.

it has happened before and will happen again, I actually heard of one Postman in the US who was dismissed in such a way he felt was unfair, he came back and shot everybody in the office with a Machine gun, I am not saying that will happen here, but it does illustrate what happens if people are pushed too far, the bottom line is treat people like humans they will behave like one, treat them like animals they will act like one.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Post by DGP1 »

NWpostie wrote:seems the managements follows the rules when it suits them, they ignore it at their own convenience, such attitudes will only breed resentment and it would only take a fairly unstable individual who feel victimised and the rules is not followed properly , without any recourse, he is liable to tip over and grab a kitchen knife and stab the offending Superviser or Manager.

it has happened before and will happen again, I actually heard of one Postman in the US who was dismissed in such a way he felt was unfair, he came back and shot everybody in the office with a Machine gun, I am not saying that will happen here, but it does illustrate what happens if people are pushed too far, the bottom line is treat people like humans they will behave like one, treat them like animals they will act like one.
Speak for yourself I'm sitting here stroking my AK47 Image
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
norbet colon
Posts: 914
Joined: 29 May 2007, 19:56
Location: elsewhere

Post by norbet colon »

disgruntledpostie1 wrote:
NWpostie wrote:seems the managements follows the rules when it suits them, they ignore it at their own convenience, such attitudes will only breed resentment and it would only take a fairly unstable individual who feel victimised and the rules is not followed properly , without any recourse, he is liable to tip over and grab a kitchen knife and stab the offending Superviser or Manager.

it has happened before and will happen again, I actually heard of one Postman in the US who was dismissed in such a way he felt was unfair, he came back and shot everybody in the office with a Machine gun, I am not saying that will happen here, but it does illustrate what happens if people are pushed too far, the bottom line is treat people like humans they will behave like one, treat them like animals they will act like one.
Speak for yourself I'm sitting here stroking my AK47 Image
people going to the papers , ETs didn't happen so much when i started , then there's all the on line comments and forums , that macho style can be counterproductive , not that the PO has ever been much good anyway. :lfo :cfo
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Post by DGP1 »

I've changed my mind I'm going to use my sniper rifle Image
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
J
Posts: 171
Joined: 18 May 2007, 17:34
Location: UK

Post by J »

See this thread HERE I posted.
I'm ex TPO... may the lord have mercy on our souls.... LOL
Carnoustie
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 793
Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 22:00

Re: You tube disciplinary

Post by Carnoustie »

royalwud wrote:You tube disciplinary


I can not believe how petty the managers are getting; today I was asked to go in to the Dom s office and told
I shell be interviewed later this week about a 21 second video clip I placed on you tube of my work mate falling
Asleep in work time learning, apparently I have breached royal mails confidential terms, he is also informing IB,

ANNY ADVICE PLEASE
I rubbed my eyes in astonishment when I read this, royalwud.

It wasn't Royal Mail's pettiness I had trouble believing. It was the fact that anyone could manage to stay awake in WTL long enough to film a clip lasting as long as yours :shock: