pinewood wrote:vote yes. listen to the long term outline of royal mail with cwu it keeps us in a job. job security is my and many of us main concern at our office thats why we are voting yes.
You will all end up being little more than slaves, you'll be worked until you drop by our Nazi-like bosses, then told, "ta,ta, nice knowing you, don't bang the door on your way out to obscurity."
I will keep resisting until I'm thrown out the door. I'm a free-born Englishman, I'll die a free-born Englishman.
I love the maturity of these discussions, its like the playground. Mail Centres will be reduced by 50% fact and delivery are complaining about D2D and workload.
D2D is work yes? and you are being asked to deliver it yes? for extra payment Yes? I wish those of us in Mail Centres could get paid extra for work we could slip in our every day workload!
Paid 8 hours work 8 hours equals JOB!
Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.
John Stuart Mill
pinewood wrote:vote yes. listen to the long term outline of royal mail with cwu it keeps us in a job. job security is my and many of us main concern at our office thats why we are voting yes.
A secure job with a company that has no terms or conditions? A company that thinks you can do something because the computer says so. Vote yes to have a long term job with a company that will treat you like a donkey.
It's ok Just_My_Opinion pinewood has revealed his true reason for voting yes.........pinewood.
we at mail centers are always out on strike before you delivery boys drag your heels out to supports us.nowits our turn for a better deal.
The CWU doing Royal Mail's dirty work for them, eh fishtank? Dividing and conquering. How long before your unit where you work pinewood is asked to make changes to accommodate Royal Mail? I can assure you it'll be sooner rather than later matey.
thought the mcs got better deal in 2007 does that not make it del turn
pcb wrote:I love the maturity of these discussions, its like the playground. Mail Centres will be reduced by 50% fact and delivery are complaining about D2D and workload.
D2D is work yes? and you are being asked to deliver it yes? for extra payment Yes? I wish those of us in Mail Centres could get paid extra for work we could slip in our every day workload!
Paid 8 hours work 8 hours equals JOB!
I'm sorry but what is it that you are not grasping here? Something we already deliver for a payment of (on average 1.67p an item) is now being added to the workload,so we don't get paid for them anymore.We get a wage rise yes,but what we lose in d2d payments completely negates the wage rise.
So much so that most,if not all of us are facing a wage cut.
pcb wrote:I love the maturity of these discussions, its like the playground. Mail Centres will be reduced by 50% fact and delivery are complaining about D2D and workload.
D2D is work yes? and you are being asked to deliver it yes? for extra payment Yes? I wish those of us in Mail Centres could get paid extra for work we could slip in our every day workload!
Paid 8 hours work 8 hours equals JOB!
OPGs already work what they are paid for MANAGERS DONT! THEY WANT TRUST LETS SEE THEM LEAD BY EXAMPLE! its not going to happen until Mail Centres ect and Deliveries are beaten! Then they are coming for YOU!
Hey dude why don't you drop by our DO early one morning to see the 6 or 7 of PTers in before there time trying to play catch-up. They work - and i know this for a fact - a 24 or 25hours a week and get paid 20 hours. THAT'S a job you lightweight.
Then in the afternoons you can see all the FT guys prepping in their next days d2d after their shift has finished. A few of them will go over by 15-20mins daily so that's about 1-2 hours a week unpaid.
You can also come out with us on delivery and see how a real man works Ever had 5hours work to do in 3 1/2 hours? I mean proper heavy manual work in all weathers? You haven't got a bloody clue mate.
pcb wrote:I love the maturity of these discussions, its like the playground. Mail Centres will be reduced by 50% fact and delivery are complaining about D2D and workload.
D2D is work yes? and you are being asked to deliver it yes? for extra payment Yes? I wish those of us in Mail Centres could get paid extra for work we could slip in our every day workload!
Paid 8 hours work 8 hours equals JOB!
Everyone who comes from our local Mail Centre to our DO on transer find it hard work..............those that go from our DO to the Mail Centre comment how easy the work is there!
A very naive outlook...........but every to their opinion.
If you decide to vote yes to the agreement proposed by the union and management, you will loose over £20.00 (plus)per week in D2D payments !
You will be expected to deliver an unlimited amount of D2Ds 52 weeks a year including during the Christmas period !
You will be expected to walk for longer (no cut offs what ever the load):-
Page 23 of the agreement, “Delivery Spans”
“spans must be looked at in the context of an enabler rather than a fixed amount of time to be aimed at.”
“In essence, the span will no longer be an objective in itself.”
This will allow the management to ignore the previous agreements, limiting walks to 3.5 hours!
This agreement discriminates against part time employee’s imposing “pro-rata” percentages on the D2D payments.
The D2D load is the same for all !!
Send the union back to the negotiation table they are supposed to represent us not work to their own agenda.
don't forget you'll also be agreeing to be flogged if you can't hit the standard set by the top 10% . our line manager says someone with 30years service should be able get there cos he's so much experience and if he can't, royal mail aint no charity. another wishy washy pile of crap open to countless interpretations its easier just to say no.
pcb wrote:Hard work? come on! HM forces for 10 years that bloody hard work!
16 years - in forces including 3 active service tours - yes deliveries is hard work.
I would say a bad day on deliveries is easily 75% of the effort for a CFT and you only do that once per year officially, and once per month unofficially. A bad day on deliveries is is usually once or twice per week in a good office, more in a bad one.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
pcb wrote:Hard work? come on! HM forces for 10 years that bloody hard work!
16 years - in forces including 3 active service tours - yes deliveries is hard work.
I would say a bad day on deliveries is easily 75% of the effort for a CFT and you only do that once per year officially, and once per month unofficially. A bad day on deliveries is is usually once or twice per week in a good office, more in a bad one.
Try hod carrying/ knocking up plaster all day long..... now thats bloody hard work
pcb wrote:Hard work? come on! HM forces for 10 years that bloody hard work!
16 years - in forces including 3 active service tours - yes deliveries is hard work.
I would say a bad day on deliveries is easily 75% of the effort for a CFT and you only do that once per year officially, and once per month unofficially. A bad day on deliveries is is usually once or twice per week in a good office, more in a bad one.
Try hod carrying/ knocking up plaster all day long..... now thats bloody hard work
Never done it so cant comment. However I can comment on Deliveries Versus Forces because I have and that was my only intention.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
pcb wrote:Hard work? come on! HM forces for 10 years that bloody hard work!
16 years - in forces including 3 active service tours - yes deliveries is hard work.
I would say a bad day on deliveries is easily 75% of the effort for a CFT and you only do that once per year officially, and once per month unofficially. A bad day on deliveries is is usually once or twice per week in a good office, more in a bad one.
I have a mate who done a tour of Kosovo and Iraq,yet he couldn't hack it on deliveries.He stopped turning up until they sacked him.
Fair enough he was in the sigs,but he was still in war zones for Christ's sake!