ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How I beat the bullies with magic tricks

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

How I beat the bullies with magic tricks

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/enter ... ticle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ROB Nekros started performing magic to win over school bullies but now he wants to make a career out of conjuring.

The 20-year-old Royal Mail engineer has wowed audiences with his sleight of hand and mind-reading powers.

A magic set bought by his grandad sparked his interest as a child. A shy, overweight boy with red hair, he was picked on at secondary school.

But he beat the bullies them off his back by amazing them with tricks.

He said: "I was different in a lot of ways. My therapy was to get one over on them by showing them magic.


"I got a couple of them to throw a deck of cards at me. I had the playing card they predicted under my shoe. They exploded; it was amazing."

Rob, who grew up in Eastwood and now lives in the Lace Market, has develop his skills into a Derren Brown-style mentalist act.

He performs at corporate and private functions and weddings.

Last December he entertained Christmas party guests at Goosedale banqueting suite in Papplewick with card and rope tricks, mind reading and illusions.

"I rubbed a wine glass until it was bending on to its side at nearly a 45-degree angle," said Rob.

Drinkers in pubs and clubs around Nottingham have been treated to impromptu performances. "My mates ask me to do it to impress girls," said Rob.

And he has astounded customers in coffee shops by spinning a spoon in an empty cup.

He loves the moment the giggles turn to awe. "It's when you see reality shift into the fantasy world. You see their eyes; that is the moment it makes me feel like I have done my job correctly," he said.

When it comes to the masters of illusion, Rob has a clear favourite.

"Derren Brown is fantastic. I would like to be like that. David Blaine is a Marmite man; you either love him or hate him – but you still have to watch him."

See a video of Rob amazing the public on the streets of Nottingham at http://www.casttv.com/video/ojcltk/rob- ... tist-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. More details from Rob at stevenson-group@live.co.uk.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.