I don’t know about you, but I didn’t go on strike for money. I went on strike so the management would know that they couldn’t push us around, that we were willing to take action to defend our jobs and the quality of our service. It was the quality of service I was as concerned about as much as anything to do with money.
Read more here: http://hubpages.com/hub/More-reflection ... -agreement
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
More reflections on the agreement
-
Thunderthighs
- Posts: 990
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: More reflections on the agreement
Yep, agree, totally. It's the poor attitude and approach that's pervasive, and a feeling that you're a Number, like No6, in The Prisoner, LOL!
We were asked in WTL, "What can we do as Managers to improve things?" So, having done Management courses/training, the first thing I was told was:
"Management exits for ONE reason...Communication. To communicate from above information down to the workers what is required of them." I believe it strongly, and said so too. But, why am I STILL having to be told, 2nd hand, that my shifts have changed/altered/been totally revamped nearly every day ???
How can we Plan work/shifts/Lives, if the Planners don't tell us anything? "Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail." So true...
Yes, I know that we are a "small cog in a big wheel", but if small gogs aren't oiled well, the whole wheel and eventually the machine grinds to a halt.
We were asked in WTL, "What can we do as Managers to improve things?" So, having done Management courses/training, the first thing I was told was:
"Management exits for ONE reason...Communication. To communicate from above information down to the workers what is required of them." I believe it strongly, and said so too. But, why am I STILL having to be told, 2nd hand, that my shifts have changed/altered/been totally revamped nearly every day ???
How can we Plan work/shifts/Lives, if the Planners don't tell us anything? "Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail." So true...
Yes, I know that we are a "small cog in a big wheel", but if small gogs aren't oiled well, the whole wheel and eventually the machine grinds to a halt.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: More reflections on the agreement
Roy Mayall wrote:I don’t know about you, but I didn’t go on strike for money. I went on strike so the management would know that they couldn’t push us around, that we were willing to take action to defend our jobs and the quality of our service. It was the quality of service I was as concerned about as much as anything to do with money.
Read more here: http://hubpages.com/hub/More-reflection ... -agreement
cannot believe that in modern day Britain, and working for a Government owned company,one which espouses the human rights of nearly everybody else in the world,we are subject to what amounts to mental brutality--as for quality of service,
they, not us have ensured that's gone down the pan--it's an embarrassment working for this company now.
-
bexhil palace
- Posts: 505
- Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 11:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: All over the Gaff
Re: More reflections on the agreement
Told by management
that customer service was bottom of the list of priorities in RM
As long as the mail is out of the office,and the targets have been met,job done.
Don't believe it? When was the last pouch check at your office? It's years since we've seen one.
As long as the mail is out of the office,and the targets have been met,job done.
Don't believe it? When was the last pouch check at your office? It's years since we've seen one.
-
postghost
- Posts: 433
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 21:19
Re: More reflections on the agreement
Good stuff as always Roy!

-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere