ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Checks are carried out

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Checks are carried out

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.bromsgrovestandard.co.uk/letters175507.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I refer to the letter 'Service isn't delivering' about postal deliveries.


I had an incident on Wednesday when a postman called to deliver a parcel, he knocked once on the door and walked away, though currently on crutches I was near the door so I called out after him but he did not respond. I then I noticed he had left
the parcel on my doorstep.


Within a minute I was approached by a man who showed me his identity as being a post office investigator, he had seen for himself what action the postman had taken and, having spoken to me, chased after the postman.


I can only assume the post office has become aware of the situation and is now following it up and, perhaps, this may help the correspondant with his complaint.


I have not heard anything further.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Checks are carried out

Post by Thunderthighs »

I was delivering to a street recently and a courier driver pulled up.
He knocked at a door for quite some time. No answer. He knocked/rang some more. Again no answer.

Then he said to me, "I can't believe it. The woman wanted her mobile phone delivered by 12 noon. I've just about killed myself to get here." It was around 11.45am.

So, in defence of delivery officers everywhere, it's the customers who sometimes don't comply with the accepted arrangements.
But, this doesn't excuse the actions of our "friend" that's mentioned.
steviemac
Posts: 210
Joined: 02 Nov 2007, 20:29

Re: Checks are carried out

Post by steviemac »

er ..... maybe he did hear you and left the parcel knowing you were on your way to the door, impossible to consider
Mildred: Hey Johnny, what are you rebelling against?
Johnny: Whadda you got?
shadow
Posts: 494
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 18:17
Gender: Female

Re: Checks are carried out

Post by shadow »

How do IB look on leaving parcels with neighbours.
brunswick
Posts: 107
Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 13:44

Re: Checks are carried out

Post by brunswick »

royal mail do not allow your postman/woman time to stand and wait for a response that takes more than a few seconds,we are governed
by a machine that calculates how long each delivery should take and then sends us to the next delivery whistling merrily at 4mph,unfortunately
this machine cannot anticipate door bells not ringing or elderly people needing that little extra time to answer the door.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Checks are carried out

Post by Lounge Lizard »

You don't get that problem out in the country where doors are left unlocked and you just put all the post on the kitchen table, helping yourself to a coffee if it''s a quiet day. :Very Happy :nana
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: Checks are carried out

Post by Pat Ostman »

brunswick wrote:royal mail do not allow your postman/woman time to stand and wait for a response that takes more than a few seconds,we are governed
by a machine that calculates how long each delivery should take and then sends us to the next delivery whistling merrily at 4mph,unfortunately
this machine cannot anticipate door bells not ringing or elderly people needing that little extra time to answer the door.
:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Checks are carried out

Post by Wessex »

Aren't you meant to wait 2 minutes before carding?With the amount of packets we now get and with impending later starts meaning even less customers at home I will be finishing round about half past next week every ruddy day.