ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Number of drops

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by Lounge Lizard »

lekker wrote:Yeah ! so biggest means WHAT exactly ? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
It means an indication of the number of residences delivered to, and might be at least as interesting as some of the other threads on this forum. :Very Happy
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
lekker wrote:Yeah ! so biggest means WHAT exactly ? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
It means an indication of the number of residences delivered to, and might be at least as interesting as some of the other threads on this forum. :Very Happy

I have only just found this thread and I must point out that if IB are watching anyone responding with accurate figures or descriptions of their walk, then you have just given them the sort of information they are looking for. If they are trying to ID you you have just save them loads of work. :crazy:

Sorry ashadd this might kill your thread but why the interest though.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by Lounge Lizard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
lekker wrote:Yeah ! so biggest means WHAT exactly ? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
It means an indication of the number of residences delivered to, and might be at least as interesting as some of the other threads on this forum. :Very Happy

I have only just found this thread and I must point out that if IB are watching anyone responding with accurate figures or descriptions of their walk, then you have just given them the sort of information they are looking for. If they are trying to ID you you have just save them loads of work. :crazy:

Sorry ashadd this might kill your thread but why the interest though.
That's not like you, overlooking a thread on here for twelve hours. :shock: A good Saturday night out was it ? :nana
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
lekker wrote:Yeah ! so biggest means WHAT exactly ? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
It means an indication of the number of residences delivered to, and might be at least as interesting as some of the other threads on this forum. :Very Happy

I have only just found this thread and I must point out that if IB are watching anyone responding with accurate figures or descriptions of their walk, then you have just given them the sort of information they are looking for. If they are trying to ID you you have just save them loads of work. :crazy:

Sorry ashadd this might kill your thread but why the interest though.
That's not like you, overlooking a thread on here for twelve hours. :shock: A good Saturday night out was it ? :nana
Too Good Image and I still woke up at usual time :evil/mad
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bandit650
Posts: 880
Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
Gender: Female

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by bandit650 »

Mine is 584 drops but we do have larger walks one at 740 and the other 820 there are walks that are just 400 so i can only really give you what i have learned mine has loads of firms on which on a bike is abit of a pain it's a bulky walk always has been never been able to get it quite in on time i take over weight bags all the time and i try not to hang about but it can take 4.5 or abit more because of the packets,the walk with 820 drops has alot of flats but the person on it has never stopped moaning which ever walk they are on and never finishes it never takes an over weight bag it has been tested the walk can be done in 3.5 hrs but the bag drops are the problem the 740 odd walk has never worked even when it was smaller it's to far out got to much on it and is bulky worse than anything i have on mine but he never moans just keeps on going but when you look at the rural delivery's they are having so much fun a bulk of them get back way before time and go hide the keys on top of the wheels and skip out,the later drivers come in pick up all the gear and drop them in come up with some bull s*** to why they are handing some one's keys and log in so it is abit hard to judge all,the town bike duty's are way over, firms not to bad but some are bad HCT duty's some are crap some are really taking the p** the rural's well some are abit wide of the mark but an awfull lot are really taking the mick!,i think it is down to where it is and what sort of area you are in to what really affects the work load to how long a walk will take the more bulk then the more bags you get and if your bag drops are in the wrong place then that will cause problems i think this is why they are moving onto vans but it is quite clear that it will not work in alot of the walks we have because you would never be able to fit all of the gear in the vans.
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by ashadd »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
lekker wrote:Yeah ! so biggest means WHAT exactly ? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
It means an indication of the number of residences delivered to, and might be at least as interesting as some of the other threads on this forum. :Very Happy

I have only just found this thread and I must point out that if IB are watching anyone responding with accurate figures or descriptions of their walk, then you have just given them the sort of information they are looking for. If they are trying to ID you you have just save them loads of work. :crazy:

Sorry ashadd this might kill your thread but why the interest though.
Its just that i have a 540 drop walk,i dot the i and cross the t and i just cant seem to do it in the time allocated, i am cutting off,and or leaving mail in the office, its should be walk tested soon......i hope. The prep time takes forever,i am not slow, i start on time ,last to leave the office and dont book ot, but if i am struggling with my paltry 540 average sized walk , how does everyone else cope with some of the ball breaking 900 plus walks? :cuppa thats why i am curios....
Can the ib id you on here ? if so how? :shock:
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
lekker
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 364
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 21:26
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by lekker »

They can ID me as much as they like. I'll even tell them who i am :Very Happy

since I got EVR the whole of royal mail and its cohorts can go hang :dance
Nobodyshero
Posts: 83
Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 13:44
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by Nobodyshero »

805 drops quite hilly but I can normally do it in tme because its quite compact with hardly any gates or drives, the problem I have is the indoor work take metwice as long to throw out and prep than most others
Viewfindergeneral
Posts: 267
Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by Viewfindergeneral »

I've only got just over 400 drops BUT yesterday my distance travelled (I measured using satnav on my phone) at nearly 17 miles :crazy: So number of calls is really irrelevant to how big a walk is.
lekker
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 364
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 21:26
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by lekker »

Viewfindergeneral wrote:I've only got just over 400 drops BUT yesterday my distance travelled (I measured using satnav on my phone) at nearly 17 miles :crazy: So number of calls is really irrelevant to how big a walk is.
As I have always maintained :whistle
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by chunk »

520 drops
One mile cycle to first post.
5.5 miles of walking/looping
then i mile back to office carrying minimum of six empty pouches.
some parts hilly so bike more of hindrance eg need lamp-post to keep it upright.
Takes four and a half hours.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by Big Daz »

I have XXX delivery points (IB have already visted me on delivery and given me a pat on the back) and the duty behind me has less delivery points but gets about 50% more mail than me.

The difference is my delivery is a much reduced area in terms of how affulent it is compared to the duty behind me. I therefore assume that is the reason for the differences in mail levels?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Big Daz wrote:I have XXX delivery points (IB have already visted me on delivery and given me a pat on the back) and the duty behind me has less delivery points but gets about 50% more mail than me.

The difference is my delivery is a much reduced area in terms of how affulent it is compared to the duty behind me. I therefore assume that is the reason for the differences in mail levels?
Can I have your walk please ? :shock:
Only THIRTY delivery points ( well, X is ten, isn't it ) :crazy:
i didn't know such cushy rounds still existed. :nana
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by Straight4ward »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Big Daz wrote:I have XXX delivery points (IB have already visted me on delivery and given me a pat on the back) and the duty behind me has less delivery points but gets about 50% more mail than me.

The difference is my delivery is a much reduced area in terms of how affulent it is compared to the duty behind me. I therefore assume that is the reason for the differences in mail levels?
Can I have your walk please ? :shock:
Only THIRTY delivery points ( well, X is ten, isn't it ) :crazy:
i didn't know such cushy rounds still existed. :nana
LOL, Lounge Lizard, I'll have the duty behind Big Daz that has less delivery points . Sure I could cope with the 50% more mail!
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: OK....Who has the biggest walk ???

Post by Big Daz »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Big Daz wrote:I have XXX delivery points (IB have already visted me on delivery and given me a pat on the back) and the duty behind me has less delivery points but gets about 50% more mail than me.

The difference is my delivery is a much reduced area in terms of how affulent it is compared to the duty behind me. I therefore assume that is the reason for the differences in mail levels?
Can I have your walk please ? :shock:
Only THIRTY delivery points ( well, X is ten, isn't it ) :crazy:
i didn't know such cushy rounds still existed. :nana

Well it is the cadet round i did in 1991 to 1993 with 15 mins added to the end and it gets around double the mail it had back then. When it get backs to 1991 levels then I will belive mail is down, untill then BOLLOKS!!!