ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Adam Croziers Response to a Parliementary Question on Cycles

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Adam Croziers Response to a Parliementary Question on Cycles

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.parliament.uk/deposits/depos ... 0-0160.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Adam Croziers Response to a Parliementary Question on Cycles

Post by Big Daz »

No plans to phase out bikes completely!!!!! :Applause
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Adam Croziers Response to a Parliementary Question on Cycles

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Big Daz wrote:No plans to phase out bikes completely!!!!! :Applause
No, they'll be retaining a couple of them in the National Postal Museum. :crazy:
patio1
Posts: 41
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 12:55
Gender: Male

Re: Adam Croziers Response to a Parliementary Question on Cycles

Post by patio1 »

Without the need to replinish half way through. what a joke i and know of people who have 2 to 3 of those trolleys full everyday.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Adam Croziers Response to a Parliementary Question on Cycles

Post by k979aaa »

I only wish he :cfo got on his bike when he arrived at royal mail!. :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: Adam Croziers Response to a Parliementary Question on Cycles

Post by music4essex »

Most of our deliverys are done by cycle's we have the panniers on them also , though we are loaded up I still prefer
to use them as appose to the HCT ,

I like that a driver has to drop our bags off so its another job for a postie, as for Health and safety I don't have to walk with a bag on my back like I use too in the old days,

Our Dim Dom stated a while back that the bikes will have to go, so we will wait and see

Essex Mum
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Adam Croziers Response to a Parliementary Question on Cycles

Post by k979aaa »

music4essex wrote:Most of our deliverys are done by cycle's we have the panniers on them also , though we are loaded up I still prefer
to use them as appose to the HCT ,

I like that a driver has to drop our bags off so its another job for a postie, as for Health and safety I don't have to walk with a bag on my back like I use too in the old days,

Our Dim Dom stated a while back that the bikes will have to go, so we will wait and see

Essex Mum
Most walking posties do not see the work that the driver has to do or the time span in which do that job as well as been messed about on a day to day basis but it is not a boring job but can get to much at times for some and you will never finish early but you cannot be made to drive if you do not need the hassle or responsibility!.
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: Adam Croziers Response to a Parliementary Question on Cycles

Post by music4essex »

By K7 sorry cannot remember the rest of your name
"Most walking posties do not see the work that the driver has to do or the time span in which do that job as well as been messed about on a day to day basis"

I had been a driver on RM when I first started 20 yrs ago and done most driving duties across all functions, for 12yrs, So I have seen how hard they drive but also seen the lazy one's also like on delivery, but it is all about try to keep duties ,

essex mum
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Adam Croziers Response to a Parliementary Question on Cycles

Post by k979aaa »

music4essex wrote:By K7 sorry cannot remember the rest of your name
"Most walking posties do not see the work that the driver has to do or the time span in which do that job as well as been messed about on a day to day basis"

I had been a driver on RM when I first started 20 yrs ago and done most driving duties across all functions, for 12yrs, So I have seen how hard they drive but also seen the lazy one's also like on delivery, but it is all about try to keep duties ,

essex mum
Well the real lazy ones become managers as you well know but since we all will be driving soon good luck and all the best!.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Adam Croziers Response to a Parliementary Question on Cycles

Post by POSTMAN »

It's total bull s**t,but handy to have,especially for our cycling colleagues who could possibly get stitched up.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
jaja
Posts: 365
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 13:32
Gender: Male

Re: Adam Croziers Response to a Parliementary Question on Cycles

Post by jaja »

Ilike the bit where he says "We need to discuss with "our people" first.....Bollox :arrrghhh :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Adam Croziers Response to a Parliementary Question on Cycles

Post by smokerjim »

jaja wrote:
Ilike the bit where he says "We need to discuss with "our people" first.....Bollox :arrrghhh :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo :cfo
This is how I see the discussion taking place
Adam Crozier wrote:Ok, to further modernise RM we are getting rid of those nasty, old fashioned bicycles, and bringing in bright, shiny & pretty vans - so I'm sure you'll all be very happy with that, won't you?
Delivery OPG wrote:I'm not happy - vans are more expensive, both to run and in carbon emissions, more likely to break down and more likely to cause insurmountable problems when they do break down!"
Adam Crozier wrote:Oh, that's a shame....anyway, I've got £2M to start counting, don't forget to pick up your keys & fill in your log books. Anything else, no? Ok, end of discussion.
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!