Tman wrote:I have a sign on my door saying No Junk Mail......etc. Yet as a postman, delivering D2Ds,
A postie with a "no junk mail" sign on his own door?What's that current cliche on here? "You couldn't make it up"
![]()
Poor old Roy. He must live in a perfectly balanced and ordered world for a few sheets of paper through his letter box to cause sooo much personal anguish. Good job he hasn't got anything important to fret over..."Roy Mayall"]At last, someone who agrees with me on this. Junk mail is anything that people do not ask for and which goes straight into the bin. There are a number of euphemisms for it: "unsolicited mail", "unaddressed mail", "d2d", "household" and one I heard on radio 4 this week, "discretionary mail". It's all rubbish and it should be illegal, and whatever Royal Mail or the union say about it, a mail company that relies on it for their profit is failing in its business. We should be starting a campaign to have it banned. If you don't know the name of a person living in a house you shouldn't be shovelling mail through their letterbox. Period. The union should be fighting for a proper living wage for its members without the need to fall back upon this antisocial and environmentally damaging trade.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2Ds and the Environment
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
Despite them being a pain in the arse I think we should keep them the reason being as soon as they were banned our deliveries would increase beyond what is planned already.
Can you really see RM saying well you win you have less work but we will pay you the same and keep your hours as they are. Oh and Job and knocks back as well.
When it goes to 5 a week or more - and it will do - I can see the outcry from receivers building, especially if we have it wrapped in plastic and I can see the current Opt out changing to a Opt In at some point.
I also forsee a rise in Opt Outs when we stop being paid for them
Can you really see RM saying well you win you have less work but we will pay you the same and keep your hours as they are. Oh and Job and knocks back as well.
When it goes to 5 a week or more - and it will do - I can see the outcry from receivers building, especially if we have it wrapped in plastic and I can see the current Opt out changing to a Opt In at some point.
I also forsee a rise in Opt Outs when we stop being paid for them
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Grinder64
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
Roy Mayall wrote:At last, someone who agrees with me on this. Junk mail is anything that people do not ask for and which goes straight into the bin. There are a number of euphemisms for it: "unsolicited mail", "unaddressed mail", "d2d", "household" and one I heard on radio 4 this week, "discretionary mail". It's all rubbish and it should be illegal, and whatever Royal Mail or the union say about it, a mail company that relies on it for their profit is failing in its business. We should be starting a campaign to have it banned. If you don't know the name of a person living in a house you shouldn't be shovelling mail through their letterbox. Period. The union should be fighting for a proper living wage for its members without the need to fall back upon this antisocial and environmentally damaging trade. Read here for more: http://hubpages.com/hub/You-Call-It-Junk-Mail
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
What about all the other papaer based products we use, what about other things we do at work and outside of work that could be classed as being bad for the enviroment.
How many of you have switched to a 100% renewable/Green energy supplier, how many of you are taking steps to reduce you fuel useage, how many of you buy a newspaper.
RML are simply chasing a bigger share of a pre exisiting market, are we seriously suggesting that by increasing/removing the cap the total amount of leaflets floating around the country will suddenly increase?
RM says it only delivers about 25% of the total volume of unaddressed mail items in the United Kingdom.
How about we have a real decline in letter mail then if were so concerned about leaflets impacting upon the enviroment?
The key word is sustaniabilty, RM already encourages this.
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump ... promo_SME1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How many of you have switched to a 100% renewable/Green energy supplier, how many of you are taking steps to reduce you fuel useage, how many of you buy a newspaper.
RML are simply chasing a bigger share of a pre exisiting market, are we seriously suggesting that by increasing/removing the cap the total amount of leaflets floating around the country will suddenly increase?
RM says it only delivers about 25% of the total volume of unaddressed mail items in the United Kingdom.
How about we have a real decline in letter mail then if were so concerned about leaflets impacting upon the enviroment?
The key word is sustaniabilty, RM already encourages this.
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump ... promo_SME1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Tman
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
Good points Big Daz, but this thread has a subtitle of "I don't like D2Ds so let's think of something negative to say, such as the supposed impact on the environment, aspect".
D2Ds wouldn't be mentioned at all in this way if it was another delivering them rather than RM.
D2Ds wouldn't be mentioned at all in this way if it was another delivering them rather than RM.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
Tman wrote:Good points Big Daz, but this thread has a subtitle of "I don't like D2Ds so let's think of something negative to say, such as the supposed impact on the environment, aspect".
D2Ds wouldn't be mentioned at all in this way if it was another delivering them rather than RM.
To be fair Tman although nobody likes D2D there are as many posts realising it's a necessary contribution to the workload.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
Ummm - They do - nearly every day I see someone putting stuff through doors. Last year 1 guy was delivery small cereal packets .Tman wrote:D2Ds wouldn't be mentioned at all in this way if it was another delivering them rather than RM.
BTW I deleted your post as it was designed to get a negative reaction. For future reference if I reply
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
steven100
- Posts: 1391
- Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
- Gender: Male
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
Yep get ready for 5 d2d daily in packs, its coming our way. In return shorter walks 
-
Tman
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
{Sigh}Ummm - They do - nearly every day I see someone putting stuff through doors. Last year 1 guy was delivery small cereal packets .
But they woulldn't be mentioned on RMC, would they?
BTW I deleted your post as it was designed to get a negative reaction.
No, your post was designed for that, and it worked, so what are you complaining about?
You had a point to make? Missed itFor future reference if I reply![]()
![]()
to your post it means I disagree or dislike it - in the past whenever I replied or try to engage you in a debate you reply with put downs or complaints so the easiest way to get my point cross is
![]()
![]()
![]()
.
So any time anyone posts something we disagree with, we should reply with nothing more thought-provoking than
Sounds like that'll get boring very quickly....
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
If you are financially in a position to give up the income from D2D's, then you are not in a position to speak for the majority of postmen/women the length and breadth of the country.
There are far too many "gentleman postmen" now.
If you don't want/need the money from D2D then give it to someone in your office who does.
There are far too many "gentleman postmen" now.
If you don't want/need the money from D2D then give it to someone in your office who does.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
But they are have you not seen the threads and posts complaining about people leaving leaflets hanging out of the doors slowing us down. See the point.Tman wrote:{Sigh}Ummm - They do - nearly every day I see someone putting stuff through doors. Last year 1 guy was delivery small cereal packets .
But they woulldn't be mentioned on RMC, would they?See the point?
BTW
For instance:
If that's not a put down I do not know what is.Poor old Roy. He must live in a perfectly balanced and ordered world for a few sheets of paper through his letter box to cause sooo much personal anguish. Good job he hasn't got anything important to fret over...
Anyway we are rehasing an old topic and you will never change so I will leave this as my last reply to you on this matter - apart from the
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
You've moved the point a long way from where it started, which was the alleged environmental impact of D2Ds, etc etc. and FA to do with the above. Maybe you should reread it to refresh your memory?But they are have you not seen the threads and posts complaining about people leaving leaflets hanging out of the doors slowing us down. See the point.
For instance:If that's not a put down I do not know what is.Poor old Roy. He must live in a perfectly balanced and ordered world for a few sheets of paper through his letter box to cause sooo much personal anguish. Good job he hasn't got anything important to fret over...
Then maybe you don't know. A somewhat dry reply to another post, maybe, but hardly a put-down.
I think, as said in the past, you seem to look for slights wherever and whenever you can, and sure as eggs is eggs, you find them.....
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
TBT and Tman - there appears to be a lot of "chemistry" between you.
Would it not be easier for you two to get a room, while the rest of us discuss D2D issues in this thread?
Would it not be easier for you two to get a room, while the rest of us discuss D2D issues in this thread?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
clashcityrocker wrote:TBT and Tman - there appears to be a lot of "chemistry" between you.
Would it not be easier for you two to get a room, while the rest of us discuss D2D issues in this thread?
I think you have your subjects wrong TBT and Tman have a lot of "History" between them.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: D2Ds and the Environment
Don't know much about historyfishtank wrote:clashcityrocker wrote:
I think you have your subjects wrong TBT and Tman have a lot of "History" between them.![]()
Don't know much biology
Don't know much about a science book
Don't know much about the French I took.
Join in if you know the chorus.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.