http://duncanborrowman.blogspot.com/200 ... epost.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail Freepost services are an excellent way for the public to contact the political parties, candidates, elected representatives etc to raise issues at no cost to themselves.
All parties use the service.
Occasionally all parties hit problems with phone directories, bricks, hundreds of envelopes etc being posted through the system. And all parties discuss what can be done to stop it with the Royal Mail. In my former job I had high level discussions with Royal Mail, including the Chairman, on the problems customers face.
The worst thing to happen is for one party to abuse another party's Freepost. We all use it, and there has to be an informal code based on the fact it does none of us any good to make it difficult for each other.
Four years ago, when I was a candidate in Chelsfield and Pratts Bottom ward of Bromley Council the Orpington liberal Democrats Freepost started getting lots of A4 envelopes. Addressed in crayon mainly. Addressed to me. Many contained holiday brochures. Some contained specialist magazines and papers on financial investments. It all eventually stopped.
Over the last few weeks there have been a couple of empty envelopes to the Bexley Liberal Democrats Freepost address. Addressed to me. Empty.
Last time in Orpington there were some clear pointers as to who was sending them. I suspect it is the same person again.
I don't think I need to say much more, but it really would look bad for you to get caught.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Abuse of the Royal Mail Freepost
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Abuse of the Royal Mail Freepost
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Abuse of the Royal Mail Freepost
the best one in our office recently was the lib dems where they had a 'save our post office' campaign
except most sending letters to them wrote freepost on them yet they had no freepost for this so got charged for each letter
so people want to save their post office but wont pay postage.................
except most sending letters to them wrote freepost on them yet they had no freepost for this so got charged for each letter
so people want to save their post office but wont pay postage.................