ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
anTi
Posts: 380
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by anTi »

Usually get about £90 BUT this year has seen one of my guaranteed £20 notes die :sad:

So im thinking £70 :roll:

Some old girl bought me aftershave and some socks last year.. all i wanted to say was... JUST THE CASH'LL DO LOVE.

Ungrateful or what... :Very Happy
carpathia_kuja
Posts: 86
Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 20:24
Gender: Male
Location: Toon

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by carpathia_kuja »

Last year someone give me a shower gel and stripey scarf gift set :chuckle
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by mclovin »

Quite a few years ago some fella who's house I'd already been to shouted me back, thinking "here we go another tip" I trudges back down the street, he says "In future can you shut the gate!" T**t.

Got to say my favourite tipper is a very old lady who used to live on my dads duty years ago. She'll sit in her kitchen until she sees me even if its for a few days (god knows how she sees me as her eyesight is terrible, and even if she's standing 2 foot away she'll still ask if its me). Anyway she always gives me a packet of extra strong mints with a fiver wrapped around held with a rubber band (Not an RM rubber band mind).
HESS
Posts: 133
Joined: 17 Sep 2009, 20:29
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by HESS »

One of my regular tipper's came out 2 years ago with my card....as I sped to the van to open it...got out of sight and ripped it open...there was nothing in it...!!!! I sat there for ages contemplating whether I should go back and tell her....what would I say , how could I word it without sounding like a beggar...? I checked the inside of the van from top to bottom several times.......even looked in the wing mirror to see if it had fell out on the way to van...then I'd go back to the card and search it again and again,again...!!! Never ever got that Fiver....yes that's right a Fiver...all that time spent looking for a Fiver...!! And yeah....I got it last year....dozy auld mare musta forgot it 2 yrs ago...!! I wish I'd went back an asked...!!! :left:
shadow
Posts: 494
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 18:17
Gender: Female

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by shadow »

An old guy gave me four wrinkly satsumas and I felt obliged to say oh thank you very much. Got further along and another old guy gave me half a packet of minging victory V's :Sick mind you there are alot of nice people on my round. Heres hoping for this year.
delboy
Posts: 367
Joined: 05 May 2009, 16:12
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by delboy »

What will we get off RM this year?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

delboy wrote:What will we get off RM this year?
A broken promise :sad:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
paulsmd
Posts: 88
Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 09:04
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by paulsmd »

I had a old man give me a bag with some Brazil nuts in it.
The next day when i saw him i thank him for the nuts.
He said no problem i cant eat them all i can do is suck the chocolate off them.
Luckily i gave them to my line manager. :nana :nana
jaylime
Posts: 331
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by jaylime »

I do quite well on my rural.Bottles of wine,bottles of spirits,chocolates,cans of ale,stuff for the kids and about £200 on top.I have to say 99% of my customers are really nice people,so i do my best to look after them and they look after me at crimbo.simples.I have had some s**t though it must be said when i was on a walk :chuckle
infidel
Posts: 284
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by infidel »

fellow posties customer comes to door asks him "would you like an orange son",he replies "naw thanks"she asks "would
you like a wee half"to which he says "oh aye" so she says "wait till a go and get a knife then".
knackeredneedadayoff
Posts: 342
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 18:19
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by knackeredneedadayoff »

a friend from work was on a rural delivery at christmas and on one farm he was invited in ,the farm was like the clampets/greengrass mix they gave him a mince pie which he chipped a tooth off,he sneakily tried to give it to the farm dog in the kitchen so not to insult there cooking,the dog turned its nose up at it even those it could of done with a good meal.he then threw it on the fire and it wouldnt burn,so he made a quick exit after pouring the tea in a plantpot after seeing the film of grease on top of the tea,she would always have a letter for you and it had cow sh.. fingerprints onit .she would be doing a fry up for the family.ohh forhealth and safety.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by POSTMAN »

Hankies off an old gal Image.................................and a fiver :dance
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
shadow
Posts: 494
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 18:17
Gender: Female

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by shadow »

delboy wrote:What will we get off RM this year?
Two fingers.
shadow
Posts: 494
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 18:17
Gender: Female

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by shadow »

jaylime wrote:I do quite well on my rural.Bottles of wine,bottles of spirits,chocolates,cans of ale,stuff for the kids and about £200 on top.I have to say 99% of my customers are really nice people,so i do my best to look after them and they look after me at crimbo.simples.I have had some s**t though it must be said when i was on a walk :chuckle
Bloody rural farmers giving you sh*t I hope you threw it back at them.
dejavu
Posts: 193
Joined: 28 Sep 2009, 16:05
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!

Post by dejavu »

delboy wrote:What will we get off RM this year?
Sore arses :nervous :hmmmm