Guys&Girls - The Morning Star newspaper (daily print run of around 25,000) is fully supporting Postal Workers and the CWU and today lauches it's campaign to:
"Fight for a first class mail, not one divided and run down for corporate interests to pick over while the universal service falls by the wayside."
Have never read this paper before but it's postal dispute coverage is totally first class. I believe it's our duty to fully support any media outlet which is prepared to tell the truth - especially with the likes of the lies in The Sun today with fake pictures of 'RM workers walking out' which are infact pics of very dodgy looking casual staff hired last week. I for one will be making efforts to buy this paper while they are putting our case across. Contact your local newsagent.
United we can never be divided brothers and sisters.
http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/inde ... isan-Baron" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Morning Star paper is supporting CWU
-
opgpat
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 21:56
Morning Star paper is supporting CWU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
opgpat
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 21:56
Re: Morning Star paper is supporting CWU
Come ON guys. FFS. We are not going to win this crucial battle without engaging with the public and the media.
You all have plenty to say about the scum at RM so can we atleast have some sincere appreciation shown for the guys who are on our side and litterally putting this dispute on the front page for us.
You all have plenty to say about the scum at RM so can we atleast have some sincere appreciation shown for the guys who are on our side and litterally putting this dispute on the front page for us.
-
Rowdy
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: People's Republic of Scotland
Re: Morning Star paper is supporting CWU
Fair point, one of the few daily newspapers that supports trade unionism and is on the side of the oppressed. I used to read the Morning Star regularly, can't really get hold of it much now that I live in a rural area. Next time I see it I'll buy it and hopefully plenty of the posties who are members of this forum will do the same.opgpat wrote:Come ON guys. FFS. We are not going to win this crucial battle without engaging with the public and the media.
You all have plenty to say about the scum at RM so can we atleast have some sincere appreciation shown for the guys who are on our side and litterally putting this dispute on the front page for us.
Down with the blackleg, all workers unite.
-
IWW Fellow Worker
- Posts: 3644
- Joined: 30 May 2007, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Morning Star paper is supporting CWU
I was given a copy by a member of the public this morning. I liked the 'No Scab Mail' letterbox cover. Not my political point of view, but certainly more support in their pages than you would probably find on the Labour benches.
The Industrial Workers of the World. The union whose members never scab!
"The working class and the employing class have nothing in common."
"The working class and the employing class have nothing in common."
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Morning Star paper is supporting CWU
All positive publicity is good thing except
I'm much more interested in what the 40,000 copy newspapers are saying.
Daily star readers are already well informed about union issues
you could say their preaching to the converted.
When The Times, Telegraph and Express start doing "balance" on postal issues we will know
the tide has turned.
I'm much more interested in what the 40,000 copy newspapers are saying.
Daily star readers are already well informed about union issues
you could say their preaching to the converted.
When The Times, Telegraph and Express start doing "balance" on postal issues we will know
the tide has turned.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....