ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Why I became a Mail Militant.

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
stephen500
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1458
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 04:04

Why I became a Mail Militant.

Post by stephen500 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oct/1 ... ike-amazon
Letters: Why I became a Mail Militant
This article appeared on p37 of the Editorials & reply section of the Guardian on Saturday 10 October 2009. It was published on guardian.co.uk at 00.06 BST on Saturday 10 October 2009.

"Why have I become a Mail Militant? Consider the fact that delivery office managers (DOMs) will get £8,000 each for making improvements in their offices. Section managers, however, only receive £2,000 each. The postmen who have been "encouraged" to help make things work will receive £0. As an added thank-you we will not be receiving a pay rise – a kind of "stick and stick approach", as they can't afford carrots. In addition the chairman is to have £145,000 paid to top up his pension fund at a time when there is insufficient money available from the huge recently announced profits to alleviate the Royal Mail pension fund that is allegedly a little short. Obviously the £2m bonus he got in the past was insufficient.

Now consider the harassment delivery men are met with over flexible working. I am made to feel guilty if I take more than my allotted delivery span and try to claim overtime, and am no doubt contributing to my DOM's bonus by not claiming for the first 30 minutes. Flexible agreements only seem to work one way in Royal Mail, and the loss of the Amazon contract is only the tip of the iceberg. However, the "cherry pickers" will still be handing over the "too difficult/too far" parcels to Royal Mail, just as they have done since the opening up of competition gave them a toehold in the parcels market. Amazon are fooling the public if they think they have the infrastructure to replace Royal Mail – we will still be essential. Or am I just an optimist?"

Name and address supplied
WHITEANT
Posts: 312
Joined: 17 May 2009, 23:02
Gender: Male

Re: Why I became a Mail Militant.

Post by WHITEANT »

No your not a mail militant,your like a lot of postmen who are sick and tired of being put down by managers .Made to feel like criminals when u put down overtime .A buisness who say the mail is dropping yet give bonuses to everybody ,who made profits in the region of £390 million things dont add up .Royal mail have time and time again told porkies ,when pegasus was brought in they told us it was for econonic reasons for the postvans ,we said it was a spy in the cab and that it would be used to batter one postman against another ,HAVE A QUESS WHO WAS RIGHT !!! so again my friend your no militant not in my eyes ,maybe in the po eyes because you stand upto bullyboy tactics . STAND FIRM GUYS :lfo