ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postmen's 'Sorry, you were out' cards: have you been misled?

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Thorby Bislam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 495
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: Desolation Row

Re: Postmen's 'Sorry, you were out' cards: have you been misled?

Post by Thorby Bislam »

"I ran out the door and chased the postman down the street, but he told me I had to go to the depot because he didn't have the parcel. It seemed bonkers."
Could have been a surcharge card. I've had householders come out going "You didn't knock. I was in all the time" when it was a surcharge card in their hand, not a 739.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Postmen's 'Sorry, you were out' cards: have you been misled?

Post by POSTMAN »

Thorby Bislam wrote:
"I ran out the door and chased the postman down the street, but he told me I had to go to the depot because he didn't have the parcel. It seemed bonkers."
Could have been a surcharge card. I've had householders come out going "You didn't knock. I was in all the time" when it was a surcharge card in their hand, not a 739.
I get the surcharge thing nearly everytime i post one.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.