ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Peter Mandelson: I’d work for the Tories if Labour lost

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Peter Mandelson: I’d work for the Tories if Labour lost

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -lost.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Peter Mandelson has surprised Cabinet colleagues by suggesting he would be willing to ‘serve his country’ under a Tory Government.

On the eve of this week’s conference, the Business Secretary hinted he might accept a diplomatic or other public role in the event of his party losing the General Election.

In a newspaper interview that will raise eyebrows among delegates, Lord Mandelson – recognised as deputy Prime Minister in all but name – said he would consider putting his ‘experience at the disposal of the country’.

Asked if he would play a public role under a Cameron-led Government, he said: ‘In the right conditions and on the right basis I probably would. But it wouldn’t be serving the Government, it would be serving the country.’

The 55-year-old Minister added he was ‘too tribal’ to go as far as becoming a Tory Minister.

Conservative sources said they would not rule out the possibility of giving him a job.

A source added: ‘We are building a broad coalition – but including Peter Mandelson may be stretching it.’

However, the former EU Trade Commissioner’s remarks drew a sharp rebuke from Welsh Secretary Peter Hain, who insisted last night that he would never take a job under the Conservatives.

‘I would be working to get them out as soon as possible,’ he said.

Mr Hain added that his party was looking at a ‘really bad defeat’ unless senior Ministers got their act together.

Lord Mandelson used the example of Conservative MP and former Government Chief Whip Alastair Goodlad being chosen as High Commissioner to Australia in 1999 to show a precedent of cross-party appointments.

‘He didn’t cross the floor of the House,’ Lord Mandelson said.

The peer added that New Labour had also invited political figures from other parties to head policy commissions, such as Liberal Democrat Lord Jenkins, who was placed in charge of electoral reform.

Lord Mandelson’s remarks will add to the headaches for Gordon Brown’s staff as they seek to shore up his position this week in the face of mounting opposition from former Ministers and senior backbenchers.

The former Lord Chancellor Lord Falconer and ex-Home Secretary Charles Clarke are preparing an ‘alternative manifesto’ to press Mr Brown to be more radical.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0SIrIyNeh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
shadow
Posts: 494
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 18:17
Gender: Female

Re: Peter Mandelson: I’d work for the Tories if Labour lost

Post by shadow »

This scummy bas*tard has no loyalties to anyone but himself and isn't interested in serving his country just himself. :evil/mad :mfo :mfo :mfo :mfo :mfo :mfo :mfo :mfo :mfo :mfo :mfo oh and :mfo :mfo :mfo :mfo :mfo just for good measure.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Peter Mandelson: I’d work for the Tories if Labour lost

Post by DGP1 »

Does that mean that he swings both ways :nervous :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Peter Mandelson: I’d work for the Tories if Labour lost

Post by BELIAL »

I wonder just how far the Dark Lady would go to quench that thirst for wealth and power?Funny what you can justify when your arrogant self belief knows no bounds,anyone see that show on the SS last night? :hmmmm
Bye
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Peter Mandelson: I’d work for the Tories if Labour lost

Post by Stormproof »

This article does'nt surprise me at all. :mfo is only out for himself and no one else. Corrupt parasite :mfo :mfo :mfo :mfo :mfo
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Peter Mandelson: I’d work for the Tories if Labour lost

Post by dvbuk55 »

Just the sort of bloke you need in a tight spot, there you are facing an enemy and the General says, "Well if we lose the battle I'll be joing their side" - oh yes nothing like instilling confidence in the rank and file :shock:
Jack Mehoff
Posts: 152
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 15:40
Gender: Male

Re: Peter Mandelson: I’d work for the Tories if Labour lost

Post by Jack Mehoff »

If labour lose you could always ask :cfo for a job. I'm sure a suitable position could be found for you. Hopefully it is being tied to the front of a Royal Mail truck as a mascot.
geoffum
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 29
Joined: 16 Sep 2009, 23:34
Gender: Male
Location: Gallifrey

Re: Peter Mandelson: I’d work for the Tories if Labour lost

Post by geoffum »

Calling him a Prostitute is an insult to prostitutes :mfo :mfo
chewi
Posts: 124
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 16:19
Gender: Male

Re: Peter Mandelson: I’d work for the Tories if Labour lost

Post by chewi »

You mean he doesn't already?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Peter Mandelson: I’d work for the Tories if Labour lost

Post by k979aaa »

I thought he worked for the Tories already!. Cue the eggs and flour and custard for the tart!. :mfo
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Peter Mandelson: I’d work for the Tories if Labour lost

Post by Thunderthighs »

Obviously, he doesn't want to stay in "work", he just wants a cosy little job to feather his nest...
What a tosser, this was discussed on Radio 5 Live last night, I couldn't believe his look-after-number one attitude.
He's already been sacked twice - the guy makes more comebacks than Elvis and Frank Sinatra!!!
norbert
Posts: 3027
Joined: 15 Jan 2008, 01:46

Re: Peter Mandelson: I’d work for the Tories if Labour lost

Post by norbert »

There has been 107 comments on the article :Very Happy