Pegman wrote:My basic rate on 28 hr contract is 7.79
Why is yours lower?
Are you a new starter?
That sounds about right I started about 6 years ago and IIRC it was around £7 an hour as a Temp and went up to around £8 when I was confirmed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Pegman wrote:My basic rate on 28 hr contract is 7.79
Why is yours lower?
Are you a new starter?
That sounds about right I started about 6 years ago and IIRC it was around £7 an hour as a Temp and went up to around £8 when I was confirmed.
Yeah it's due to go up, I've been with RM 12 weeks now, the Union Rep told me to keep my mouth shut about a new contract, because they will onmly give me a temp one, but if i leave it a month they will automatically put me on a perm contract of 28hrs, instead of dropping me to 22 1/2, and I will get the extra mone backdated, might just come in handy if it all works out.
SpacePhoenix wrote:How many quid does it cost per week to buy the extra 2 weeks leave?
9 squid a week or thereabouts. Worth every bloody penny!
Sad as I am please do follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/purplemuffinman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Even just to check out my pic! LoL
You ever heard a millionaire say money is the root of all evil? Me either!
SpacePhoenix wrote:How many quid does it cost per week to buy the extra 2 weeks leave?
9 squid a week or thereabouts. Worth every bloody penny!
Totally agree - you can't do deliveries on just the basic 4 weeks IMHO - you need the 6 weeks and 8 days PH spread evenly across the year to survive and recover.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
SpacePhoenix wrote:How many quid does it cost per week to buy the extra 2 weeks leave?
9 squid a week or thereabouts. Worth every bloody penny!
Totally agree - you can't do deliveries on just the basic 4 weeks IMHO - you need the 6 weeks and 8 days PH spread evenly across the year to survive and recover.
6 weeks annual leave, 10 public holidays (one of the perks of living in super Northern Ireland) and 4 weeks sick a year.Works out that you only work about 80% of the year. Could be worse.....COULD BE BETTER!
Sad as I am please do follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/purplemuffinman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Even just to check out my pic! LoL
You ever heard a millionaire say money is the root of all evil? Me either!
is this the reason why i ddint get no time off in summer this year!
FFS
See your manager now to apply for April 2011 and onwards, or mention in to them when they start handing out leave cards around 4 months or so from now.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
how much do you get for overtime? is there higher rate when you go over 40hrs I'm only on 25hrs contract and it's very rare to go over 40... but I'm just tinking if it is worth to work over 40hrs
pat22 wrote:how much do you get for overtime? is there higher rate when you go over 40hrs I'm only on 25hrs contract and it's very rare to go over 40... but I'm just tinking if it is worth to work over 40hrs
Yes,£9 summin an hr for the 1st 10.Then it goes down after that.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
pat22 wrote:how much do you get for overtime? is there higher rate when you go over 40hrs I'm only on 25hrs contract and it's very rare to go over 40... but I'm just tinking if it is worth to work over 40hrs
Yes,£9 summin an hr for the 1st 10.Then it goes down after that.
Because, according to RM, you're less productive after working 50 hours.
So, if you're on a 40 hour contract and work your 1 in 6, you earn less of an hourly rate after working 10 hours that week because you're "less productive" once you've earned 50 hours pay...