ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office says I must pay for £167 call to loss adjuster

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Post Office says I must pay for £167 call to loss adjuster

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/au ... -insurance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

QUESTION:


I put my car in for an MoT, but it failed. The garage kindly let me leave it on the premises while I decided whether it was worth fixing. Whilst there, it was stolen, so I reported it to the police and told my insurer, Post Office Insurance. I put in a claim but it was knocked back after a telephone interview with the loss adjusters.

The reason given was that the car had no MoT at the time of the theft.

I bought another car, and realised that my new premium had increased by £200 and I had lost three of my seven years' no-claims discount. The reason given was that the telephone interview had cost £167 and these costs had to be recovered, even though my claim wasn't met. NB, Sheffield


ANSWER:

This is an unbelievable case and the insurance industry would need very good lawyers to get them off a charge of blatant profiteering or total incompetence. Your faith in insurers has been completely destroyed and you challenged me to restore it. The small print in your policy does state that "the underwriters will not indemnify the insured person where the policyholder does not hold a valid MoT".

But for you to be charged to have your claim rejected is testing my faith, as well. Post Office Insurance finally told me that "following any claim, it is usual for no-claims discounts to be reviewed, regardless of the outcome".

But it has now reinstated your full NCD and refunded £101. This should never have happened and I'm still left feeling slightly bemused that anyone can be penalised if an insurance claim fails. If this has happened to anyone else, please let me know.

Answering your letters this week is Steve Playle, Trading Standards officer, and team leader at Surrey Trading Standards Service.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Post Office says I must pay for £167 call to loss adjuster

Post by POSTMAN »

But is this the Post Office/Royal Mail or the brokers,or are we the broker,you get what i mean.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Post Office says I must pay for £167 call to loss adjuster

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

POSTMAN wrote:But is this the Post Office/Royal Mail or the brokers,or are we the broker,you get what i mean.
Post Office Insurance that they sell through the counters but got this from website:

Post Office ® car insurance is administered by BISL Limited. Registered in England No 3231094. Registered Office: Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS. For mutual security calls are recorded and may be monitored for training purposes. BISL Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

So its them I guess.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Post Office says I must pay for £167 call to loss adjuster

Post by POSTMAN »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:But is this the Post Office/Royal Mail or the brokers,or are we the broker,you get what i mean.
Post Office Insurance that they sell through the counters but got this from website:

Post Office ® car insurance is administered by BISL Limited. Registered in England No 3231094. Registered Office: Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS. For mutual security calls are recorded and may be monitored for training purposes. BISL Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

So its them I guess.
It's Budget car insurance.

BUDGET is a trading name of BISL Limited, part of the BGL Group .
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.