ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

You're playing with fire gents.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
seldomseen
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 13:40
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by seldomseen »

greenxcodeman wrote:
seldomseen wrote:
greenxcodeman wrote:using youre car :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh come on mate get with it you get caught youre sacked :d'oh! then you would want the people like me with the back bone to stand at the gate for you :no no :no no you best shape up and do it properly or were all be part time :so there

Hello Fellow postie
I have got with it,I know I have been wrong and will definatley be doing the job properly,However why would I get sacked for using my car????
My insurance company is aware that I use it at work and we had to show our line managers our mot and insurance before we are able to use them.
But as stated I am withdrawing it from duty from tomorrow and will be leaving it in the car park.............I will also enjoy the petrol savings that I will make by not using it on delivery,gonna need every penny I can get
;liar ;liar ;liar ;liar thats what i think mate you lost all rights to put mail in youre car last summer :no no :no no sod youre insurance that has nothing to do with it :whistle

Ok you just seem to be very agressive,but I honestly have no idea what you are talking about when you say we lost the rights to use our cars last summer?????????
greenxcodeman
Posts: 8
Joined: 27 Jul 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by greenxcodeman »

seldomseen wrote:
greenxcodeman wrote:
seldomseen wrote:
greenxcodeman wrote:using youre car :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh come on mate get with it you get caught youre sacked :d'oh! then you would want the people like me with the back bone to stand at the gate for you :no no :no no you best shape up and do it properly or were all be part time :so there

Hello Fellow postie
I have got with it,I know I have been wrong and will definatley be doing the job properly,However why would I get sacked for using my car????
My insurance company is aware that I use it at work and we had to show our line managers our mot and insurance before we are able to use them.
But as stated I am withdrawing it from duty from tomorrow and will be leaving it in the car park.............I will also enjoy the petrol savings that I will make by not using it on delivery,gonna need every penny I can get
;liar ;liar ;liar ;liar thats what i think mate you lost all rights to put mail in youre car last summer :no no :no no sod youre insurance that has nothing to do with it :whistle

Ok you just seem to be very agressive,but I honestly have no idea what you are talking about when you say we lost the rights to use our cars last summer?????????
;liar ;liar when we lost are bonds for in there words playing up :d'oh!
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by krussel »

seldomseen wrote:
greenxcodeman wrote:using youre car :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh come on mate get with it you get caught youre sacked :d'oh! then you would want the people like me with the back bone to stand at the gate for you :no no :no no you best shape up and do it properly or were all be part time :so there

Hello Fellow postie
I have got with it,I know I have been wrong and will definatley be doing the job properly,However why would I get sacked for using my car????
My insurance company is aware that I use it at work and we had to show our line managers our mot and insurance before we are able to use them.
But as stated I am withdrawing it from duty from tomorrow and will be leaving it in the car park.............I will also enjoy the petrol savings that I will make by not using it on delivery,gonna need every penny I can get
Good for you mate. :Very Happy Err cant see how you could be sacked if your 100% legal :confused but its still not worth the risk of a break in etc. :d'oh!

One of the lads stopped using his car this week after getting fed up with distance lapsing. Under the advise of our CWU rep he went in to see the DOM and said "cars playing up today, starter motor sticking" or something like that. It saves any argument from the power crazed DOMs we have around this week.
Just an idea
:nana :nana
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
greenxcodeman
Posts: 8
Joined: 27 Jul 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by greenxcodeman »

krussel wrote:
seldomseen wrote:
greenxcodeman wrote:using youre car :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh come on mate get with it you get caught youre sacked :d'oh! then you would want the people like me with the back bone to stand at the gate for you :no no :no no you best shape up and do it properly or were all be part time :so there

Hello Fellow postie
I have got with it,I know I have been wrong and will definatley be doing the job properly,However why would I get sacked for using my car????
My insurance company is aware that I use it at work and we had to show our line managers our mot and insurance before we are able to use them.
But as stated I am withdrawing it from duty from tomorrow and will be leaving it in the car park.............I will also enjoy the petrol savings that I will make by not using it on delivery,gonna need every penny I can get
Good for you mate. :Very Happy Err cant see how you could be sacked if your 100% legal :confused but its still not worth the risk of a break in etc. :d'oh!

One of the lads stopped using his car this week after getting fed up with distance lapsing. Under the advise of our CWU rep he went in to see the DOM and said "cars playing up today, starter motor sticking" or something like that. It saves any argument from the power crazed DOMs we have around this week.
Just an idea
:nana :nana
:d'oh! we had are bond tacken away last summer and was told cars are banned from deliverys bt the dom :cuppa
seldomseen
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 13:40
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by seldomseen »

krussel wrote:
seldomseen wrote:
greenxcodeman wrote:using youre car :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh come on mate get with it you get caught youre sacked :d'oh! then you would want the people like me with the back bone to stand at the gate for you :no no :no no you best shape up and do it properly or were all be part time :so there

Hello Fellow postie
I have got with it,I know I have been wrong and will definatley be doing the job properly,However why would I get sacked for using my car????
My insurance company is aware that I use it at work and we had to show our line managers our mot and insurance before we are able to use them.
But as stated I am withdrawing it from duty from tomorrow and will be leaving it in the car park.............I will also enjoy the petrol savings that I will make by not using it on delivery,gonna need every penny I can get
Good for you mate. :Very Happy Err cant see how you could be sacked if your 100% legal :confused but its still not worth the risk of a break in etc. :d'oh!

One of the lads stopped using his car this week after getting fed up with distance lapsing. Under the advise of our CWU rep he went in to see the DOM and said "cars playing up today, starter motor sticking" or something like that. It saves any argument from the power crazed DOMs we have around this week.
Just an idea
:nana :nana
That sounds like good advice....Thanks :Very Happy
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by krussel »

seldomseen wrote:
krussel wrote:
seldomseen wrote:
greenxcodeman wrote:using youre car :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh come on mate get with it you get caught youre sacked :d'oh! then you would want the people like me with the back bone to stand at the gate for you :no no :no no you best shape up and do it properly or were all be part time :so there

Hello Fellow postie
I have got with it,I know I have been wrong and will definatley be doing the job properly,However why would I get sacked for using my car????
My insurance company is aware that I use it at work and we had to show our line managers our mot and insurance before we are able to use them.
But as stated I am withdrawing it from duty from tomorrow and will be leaving it in the car park.............I will also enjoy the petrol savings that I will make by not using it on delivery,gonna need every penny I can get
Good for you mate. :Very Happy Err cant see how you could be sacked if your 100% legal :confused but its still not worth the risk of a break in etc. :d'oh!

One of the lads stopped using his car this week after getting fed up with distance lapsing. Under the advise of our CWU rep he went in to see the DOM and said "cars playing up today, starter motor sticking" or something like that. It saves any argument from the power crazed DOMs we have around this week.
Just an idea
:nana :nana
That sounds like good advice....Thanks :Very Happy
No probs pal :Very Happy

I just think its an easier option, some will say a wimp out but as our DOMs are all pumped up at the moment looking for a fight why give them one. I also think your clutch may be slipping going up hill :whistle :nana
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
greenxcodeman
Posts: 8
Joined: 27 Jul 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by greenxcodeman »

krussel wrote:
seldomseen wrote:
krussel wrote:
seldomseen wrote:
greenxcodeman wrote:using youre car :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh come on mate get with it you get caught youre sacked :d'oh! then you would want the people like me with the back bone to stand at the gate for you :no no :no no you best shape up and do it properly or were all be part time :so there

Hello Fellow postie
I have got with it,I know I have been wrong and will definatley be doing the job properly,However why would I get sacked for using my car????
My insurance company is aware that I use it at work and we had to show our line managers our mot and insurance before we are able to use them.
But as stated I am withdrawing it from duty from tomorrow and will be leaving it in the car park.............I will also enjoy the petrol savings that I will make by not using it on delivery,gonna need every penny I can get
Good for you mate. :Very Happy Err cant see how you could be sacked if your 100% legal :confused but its still not worth the risk of a break in etc. :d'oh!

One of the lads stopped using his car this week after getting fed up with distance lapsing. Under the advise of our CWU rep he went in to see the DOM and said "cars playing up today, starter motor sticking" or something like that. It saves any argument from the power crazed DOMs we have around this week.
Just an idea
:nana :nana
That sounds like good advice....Thanks :Very Happy
No probs pal :Very Happy

I just think its an easier option, some will say a wimp out but as our DOMs are all pumped up at the moment looking for a fight why give them one. I also think your clutch may be slipping going up hill :whistle :nana
the only thing that will be slipping is his arsehole if he has to do it properly :chuckle
borders
Posts: 1304
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 09:10

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by borders »

seldomseen wrote:I must say,with a certain degree of embarrassment,that I have been using my car and completing my delivery and absorbing the extra put on me since it came into my office this week.
I hold my hands up and apologise to all who have so far not buckled under the pressure.....BUT I can hand on heart say that from tomorrow I WILL be bringing mail back to my office at the end of the day,I have been selfish/naive at the least and a complete F%&$£ing k@&b (or worse) at most
Sorry to all who have stood thier ground so far.......you have a new convert,I didn't look at the bigger picture and that is to my shame
This is a travesty and can not be allowed to continue
well done my friend :Applause
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by stokes11eg »

:Very Happy He.He. like the excuses for people not using their cars! If I did, and wanted to stop, think i would say my boot won't open!how many more escuses can you think off.?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by krussel »

stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy He.He. like the excuses for people not using their cars! If I did, and wanted to stop, think i would say my boot won't open!how many more escuses can you think off.?
Loads and loads "my rear tyres flat and keeps leaving a skid mark" etc etc :nana
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

krussel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy He.He. like the excuses for people not using their cars! If I did, and wanted to stop, think i would say my boot won't open!how many more escuses can you think off.?
Loads and loads "my rear tyres flat and keeps leaving a skid mark" etc etc :nana
My insurance company have removed my business use cover or have indicated they wish to increase it at they next renewal and to get used to working without a car I thought I would do it straight away.

The Garage I take it to to get it serviced says various parts are starting to wear out and advised I cut down my mileage to reduce future expense.

My partner now need to use the car for family reasons I do not wish to go into.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by Lounge Lizard »

It's generally those that have done many years with Royal Mail that are understandably so disolutioned having experienced how the job has deteriorated over the years, whereas those of us relatively new to the job don't know anything different and so might tend to readily accept our lot.
Management well know this difference between the older and newer employees and that's why they apparently do all they can to get rid of the old timers by whatever means.
Locker Dave
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 29
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 21:34
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by Locker Dave »

Just a quick updeate incase any of you give a s**t. I am now a sales manager and pull in 60k a year. I know how hard I used to work, all through the night I used to listen to the same songs you endure. If you want it enough then please do something about it. I drive past my old colleagues in my brand new 30 grand car and bib n wave, I know they think i'm a cnut, but as I said before, RM is full of brilliant people scarred of stepping into their potential.


Think about this and if I offend you then show your response by using my words to light a fire in you.
Locker Dave
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 29
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 21:34
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by Locker Dave »

Because I, like you, know what bad looks like.

...Another heavy load on Honey hill road.

f**k that s**t.
darth
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 385
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:00
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by darth »

locker dave some people are happy with their lot and yes its great your doing well but peoples aspirations are all different .me personal wealth will always be secondary to seeing my family grow up and support my parents who are both not in the best health at the moment . i t oo have left royal mail and work supporting individuals with learning disability and display challenging behaviour and enjoy it immensly it s very rewarding ,its not everyones cup of tea though likewise being a sales manager .whether posties stay or go i hope they have long term security and management which support them .;