ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

You're playing with fire gents.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by Night Tonic »

Well, all I can say is that he's right, you are playing with fire. If RM can legally pull off not paying for part-days, thats a snooker. As a tactic it was shrewd to say the least. Wardy will be up all night on this one. Hope the CWU can understand it, it didn't seem to be able to digest the modernisation agreement, or pensions.
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by axeman »

No it just shows the contempt royal fail has for it's workers and if you condone it shows the contempt you have for posties .................... well your obviously one of them lets hope you in the next cull of managers are one who's shown the door (not going to be long from what iv'e been told) :wink:
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by Night Tonic »

Its a statement of fact - know the difference. Oh sorry, yes, wasting my time eh Agent
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by andy2007 »

Night Tonic wrote:Well, all I can say is that he's right, you are playing with fire. If RM can legally pull off not paying for part-days, thats a snooker. As a tactic it was shrewd to say the least. Wardy will be up all night on this one. Hope the CWU can understand it, it didn't seem to be able to digest the modernisation agreement, or pensions.
RM CAN'T legally pull off not paying for part-days. They're going to try it, but they're breaking the law. Specifically: Unlawful witholding of wages.

Then again. They always HAVE considered themselves to be above the law. :arrrghhh
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
Paul_theother_One
Posts: 9
Joined: 25 Jul 2009, 16:55
Gender: Female

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by Paul_theother_One »

I think Locker dave has a point that College and further education is availabe for all so why not retrain? Anyone can do this job. Murdock sacked 6000 printers in the 80's and thought nothing of it. Where are the miners now? I dont agree with any of that but it could happen here..........if we let it.

It aint just Royal Snail that has contempt. Some of us have been round the block a few times and had other jobs in recent years. Just ask your friends and relies how much they like their jobs, do they get away on time, do they get a lunch break, do they have a boss watching every move with his/her arms folded saying faster faster like fatory shift leaders, do they have it written in their contracts that you cannot use "I have not got time" as an excuse, (my wife has) do they have to do free work i.e “must be flexible boll*cks” and there won’t be many who say they like it.
I know some mates have contracts that ask you to get in 15 mins early to work, but u dont get paid for it. Take it or leave it yes, but if not much work about you take it, don't you?

I had one company change my contract of employment from basic plus comm to comm only and I did not have a say in it...or so they thought. I got solicitor who told them to foxtrot Oscar and they then made me re-apply for my own job. i walked cos I knew i would not get it after peeing on their batteries. ET yes but do I need the months of grief?

Trouble at our place is the long termers can’t see what’s coming and think the CWU will save them. They won’t cos their hands are tied by thatchers laws. How many of us want to strike and yet then take the backlash of the media and public who this time will be vehemently against us, when so many are on the dole. We will not get sympathy of the Public this time.

At our place its each to their own and many go into the office licking backsides to look after themselves. Companies love you to all fight amongst your selves. When I was younger no one would grass up mates and tongue lash the boss’s bot bot.
Now its “look after number one” and it makes me puke.

We are going back to the dark ages of working conditions since Thatch subdued the unions in the 80's. Only when it gets really bad will people really ask for the Unions back and start supporting them again. Al I hear now is unions got too big had too much power and invented jobs that did not exist so mates could get free money blah de blah. Well just you wait and see when we are back to the sweat shop age and your wages wont pay for a bag of sugar let alone pay the mortgage.

If we were all French it would be such a different story. They take no prisoners do they?
Huxon
Posts: 21
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 20:52
Gender: Male

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by Huxon »

Paul_theother_One wrote:I think Locker dave has a point that College and further education is availabe for all so why not retrain? Anyone can do this job. Murdock sacked 6000 printers in the 80's and thought nothing of it. Where are the miners now? I dont agree with any of that but it could happen here..........if we let it.

It aint just Royal Snail that has contempt. Some of us have been round the block a few times and had other jobs in recent years. Just ask your friends and relies how much they like their jobs, do they get away on time, do they get a lunch break, do they have a boss watching every move with his/her arms folded saying faster faster like fatory shift leaders, do they have it written in their contracts that you cannot use "I have not got time" as an excuse, (my wife has) do they have to do free work i.e “must be flexible boll*cks” and there won’t be many who say they like it.
I know some mates have contracts that ask you to get in 15 mins early to work, but u dont get paid for it. Take it or leave it yes, but if not much work about you take it, don't you?

I had one company change my contract of employment from basic plus comm to comm only and I did not have a say in it...or so they thought. I got solicitor who told them to foxtrot Oscar and they then made me re-apply for my own job. i walked cos I knew i would not get it after peeing on their batteries. ET yes but do I need the months of grief?

Trouble at our place is the long termers can’t see what’s coming and think the CWU will save them. They won’t cos their hands are tied by thatchers laws. How many of us want to strike and yet then take the backlash of the media and public who this time will be vehemently against us, when so many are on the dole. We will not get sympathy of the Public this time.

At our place its each to their own and many go into the office licking backsides to look after themselves. Companies love you to all fight amongst your selves. When I was younger no one would grass up mates and tongue lash the boss’s bot bot.
Now its “look after number one” and it makes me puke.

We are going back to the dark ages of working conditions since Thatch subdued the unions in the 80's. Only when it gets really bad will people really ask for the Unions back and start supporting them again. Al I hear now is unions got too big had too much power and invented jobs that did not exist so mates could get free money blah de blah. Well just you wait and see when we are back to the sweat shop age and your wages wont pay for a bag of sugar let alone pay the mortgage.

If we were all French it would be such a different story. They take no prisoners do they?
good post, agree 100%.
Funked!
Posts: 184
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 18:35

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by Funked! »

Great post Linkinpark.

Some of these types need to understand the world they are leaving for their children.
spilie
Posts: 515
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 21:48

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by spilie »

well said linkinpark but wait a minute one of thier mates is missing, i think you know the one!! suppose he will be along in a minute
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by DGP1 »

This happened the last time we had a major industrial dispute, lots of 'posties' coming on here being negative, trying to cause splits in our resolve.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I am not accusing anyone of being managers as everyone is entitled to their own opinions (so long as its theirs of course :whistle ) but you will occasionally get managers posing as posties to try and get information and if they can to try and identify posters. Which is why some security minded members will post misleading and sometimes conflicting information to put them off the scent.

At times of Industrial unrest then more of them step out of the shadows some of them successfully some not - thats why its not a good idea to post personal information that might help identify you, or post information that is not yet in the public domain but would prove useful to lurkers.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by krussel »

disgruntledpostie1 wrote:This happened the last time we had a major industrial dispute, lots of 'posties' coming on here being negative, trying to cause splits in our resolve.
Yes i agree this has happened before. Its easy to see and understand why people quickly become negative with the hassle and loss of earnings which industrial action will bring. BUT if we dont stand up and at least try to fight today we will have nothing left. :sad:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
shelanda
Posts: 422
Joined: 19 May 2007, 20:44
Location: south east

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by shelanda »

flyinmachine wrote:
krussel wrote:
flyinmachine wrote:Hi ! One of the problems to me seems to be,Obviously all offices are different and every person is an individual. The royal mail as a hole is changing or should i say trying to change. The big picture with issues such as privatization , absorption . Full time jobs being changed to part time jobs, Royal mail backing out of agreement's ETC. Will affect all offices ! But people deal with things in different ways. For example i hate to say it but i doubt my office will be striking. The atmosphere in my office hasn't really changed. No ones really happy but that's always been the case. Its a Given our managers are cocks but every one knows that. Theirs no real surprise when they do or say something ridiculous we all now their agendas and most


A very good first post :Very Happy What you say is true and i think a lot of offices are a lot like yours :sad:

If your planning on supporting any strike action i STRONGLY suggest you join the Union asap. The trouble will be that Management will put A LOT of pressure on you to cross any picket line or work at another office :sad: Without the support of the Union you may find yourself on a conduct code or worse suspended. Simply not worth the risk so i would join up. :Very Happy

I have a feeling, and by the aggressive way these changes have been introduced, that this one may take longer than a couple of months to sort out but if everone sticks together and STARTS doing the job properly its a fight we can WIN :Very Happy
Can and will they do that ? The last strike 2years ago i didn't go in nothing was said , Come to think of it quite a few other non union members didnt go in nothing was said. Is there not something about you cant be forced to cross a picket line ? :hmmmm


people just seems to get on with it. People do challenge them and as a whole those people are normally left to do their own thing. Those sort of people are in short supply in my office. I just hope the majority of offices aren't like mine.

I no after reading allot of the posts on the site allot of the issues i can relate to. But some of the issues and things going on kind of make me think maybe my office isn't that bad. The bottom line seems to be allot of people are happy to make do and just want an easy life. Don't get me wrong if our office do ballot for a strike i wont be going anywhere near my office on strike days. Even though I'm not in the union I believe in what every ones fighting for. I just hope in a couple of months when the dust settles. The workers get what they've been fighting for. Keep up the fight.!!! :Applause :Applause
I would also advise anyone to join the union to be sure you are ok but I believe because of equality laws they cannot discriminate against someone not working on strike days. I also know a non union postie that stayed out with the rest of us 2 years ago, and nothing was said to them! :cool
Last edited by shelanda on 29 Jul 2009, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by DirtyHarry »

Paul_theother_One wrote:I think Locker dave has a point that College and further education is availabe for all so why not retrain? Anyone can do this job. Murdock sacked 6000 printers in the 80's and thought nothing of it. Where are the miners now? I dont agree with any of that but it could happen here..........if we let it.

It aint just Royal Snail that has contempt. Some of us have been round the block a few times and had other jobs in recent years. Just ask your friends and relies how much they like their jobs, do they get away on time, do they get a lunch break, do they have a boss watching every move with his/her arms folded saying faster faster like fatory shift leaders, do they have it written in their contracts that you cannot use "I have not got time" as an excuse, (my wife has) do they have to do free work i.e “must be flexible boll*cks” and there won’t be many who say they like it.
I know some mates have contracts that ask you to get in 15 mins early to work, but u dont get paid for it. Take it or leave it yes, but if not much work about you take it, don't you?

I had one company change my contract of employment from basic plus comm to comm only and I did not have a say in it...or so they thought. I got solicitor who told them to foxtrot Oscar and they then made me re-apply for my own job. i walked cos I knew i would not get it after peeing on their batteries. ET yes but do I need the months of grief?

Trouble at our place is the long termers can’t see what’s coming and think the CWU will save them. They won’t cos their hands are tied by thatchers laws. How many of us want to strike and yet then take the backlash of the media and public who this time will be vehemently against us, when so many are on the dole. We will not get sympathy of the Public this time.

At our place its each to their own and many go into the office licking backsides to look after themselves. Companies love you to all fight amongst your selves. When I was younger no one would grass up mates and tongue lash the boss’s bot bot.
Now its “look after number one” and it makes me puke.

We are going back to the dark ages of working conditions since Thatch subdued the unions in the 80's. Only when it gets really bad will people really ask for the Unions back and start supporting them again. Al I hear now is unions got too big had too much power and invented jobs that did not exist so mates could get free money blah de blah. Well just you wait and see when we are back to the sweat shop age and your wages wont pay for a bag of sugar let alone pay the mortgage.

If we were all French it would be such a different story. They take no prisoners do they?
Well said. We don't have to be French, we just have to be proud, brave, and no millionaire no-mark's pushovers.
borders
Posts: 1304
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 09:10

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by borders »

Paul_theother_One wrote:I think Locker dave has a point that College and further education is availabe for all so why not retrain? Anyone can do this job. Murdock sacked 6000 printers in the 80's and thought nothing of it. Where are the miners now? I dont agree with any of that but it could happen here..........if we let it.

It aint just Royal Snail that has contempt. Some of us have been round the block a few times and had other jobs in recent years. Just ask your friends and relies how much they like their jobs, do they get away on time, do they get a lunch break, do they have a boss watching every move with his/her arms folded saying faster faster like fatory shift leaders, do they have it written in their contracts that you cannot use "I have not got time" as an excuse, (my wife has) do they have to do free work i.e “must be flexible boll*cks” and there won’t be many who say they like it.
I know some mates have contracts that ask you to get in 15 mins early to work, but u dont get paid for it. Take it or leave it yes, but if not much work about you take it, don't you?

I had one company change my contract of employment from basic plus comm to comm only and I did not have a say in it...or so they thought. I got solicitor who told them to foxtrot Oscar and they then made me re-apply for my own job. i walked cos I knew i would not get it after peeing on their batteries. ET yes but do I need the months of grief?

Trouble at our place is the long termers can’t see what’s coming and think the CWU will save them. They won’t cos their hands are tied by thatchers laws. How many of us want to strike and yet then take the backlash of the media and public who this time will be vehemently against us, when so many are on the dole. We will not get sympathy of the Public this time.

At our place its each to their own and many go into the office licking backsides to look after themselves. Companies love you to all fight amongst your selves. When I was younger no one would grass up mates and tongue lash the boss’s bot bot.
Now its “look after number one” and it makes me puke.

We are going back to the dark ages of working conditions since Thatch subdued the unions in the 80's. Only when it gets really bad will people really ask for the Unions back and start supporting them again. Al I hear now is unions got too big had too much power and invented jobs that did not exist so mates could get free money blah de blah. Well just you wait and see when we are back to the sweat shop age and your wages wont pay for a bag of sugar let alone pay the mortgage.

If we were all French it would be such a different story. They take no prisoners do they?
what a load of bollocks , talk about contradicting yourself !!!!
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Re: You're playing with fire gents.

Post by Night Tonic »

His post had more content than yours - counter it.
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room