ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What type of customers annoy you most

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by NWpostie »

I had the same thing, many times, I had to explain that the time on the box is the last collection time and read the small print, "additional collection will be made through the day until the final time shown" then they so "oh" not really their fault as the print is quite small and not readily noticable.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by calpsy »

I normally wear earphones while on walk . FULL blast ! ! ! :left: People can hear the music so they know they are on .

Anyway a guy is cutting his hedge . 2 houses in this path . Upstairs and downstairs . He stays downstairs . I post upstairs and walk out the gate .

He stops me just as im goin in the next garden and says something but obviously i dont hear him . I now have to stop ...... fumble with the iphone to pause the song ...... take the earphones out my ears then ask him to repeat the question . Yes you know whats coming . " Do you have anything for downstairs ?? " :oops: :mad :oops: :mad

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH ! ! ! Yeah I have but I wanna keep it and give you it tomorrow you fkin idiot .
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by axeman »

deaf as well as stu*** :wink:
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by andy2007 »

Pardon? :chuckle

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
shadow
Posts: 494
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 18:17
Gender: Female

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by shadow »

One paticular customer that has three large dogs that sh** all over the front garden. All over the grass and all over the path. She never picks up after them. I'm gonna ask RM for danger money or to stop deliveries. One of these days I'm gonna slip on a turd and be in a whole lot of sh**. :chuckle
norfolk n chance
Posts: 139
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 16:45
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by norfolk n chance »

i esp like it when they say "your late today..couldn't you get up" AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh :arrrghhh
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by Pat Ostman »

The surcharge cards (fee to pay) are the worst for me at the moment, i dred them. They seem to think it's the same as a P739 and I am just posting the card because I didnt bring the parcel.

They run down the street asking why I didnt knock on the door and demanding their parcel (rudely usually). I point out they need to pay a fee online or via the sorting office but they just look at you in disgust! :crazy:
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re:

Post by chunk »

i love mail sort wrote:People not finding there keys is a good example, i often say to them in my cheeky voice " you wouldn't last long in a fire" :nana
I get that all the time and sometimes its a child which really winds me up- keys should be left in the locks.
Now... named houses in an otherwise numbered street and these people complain if they dont get their rose cottage mail even though it might be addressed to number 36 although they stubbornly refuse to have a number on their gate
they choose not to be part of the numbering system.
its utter pretension/snobbery ive seen names like "game keepers croft" in red brick houses!
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
SP187-3PO
Posts: 2
Joined: 13 Sep 2009, 03:17
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by SP187-3PO »

or when u've walked past a house with no mail and some1 comes out asking if they have any post-DOH
If you have a job without aggravations, you don't have a job
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by NWpostie »

shadow wrote:One paticular customer that has three large dogs that sh** all over the front garden. All over the grass and all over the path. She never picks up after them. I'm gonna ask RM for danger money or to stop deliveries. One of these days I'm gonna slip on a turd and be in a whole lot of sh**. :chuckle
just don't drop their mail in the Dog sh1t, in time the owner will die of E.Coli :Very Happy :angel :wink:
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
mailman337
Posts: 127
Joined: 25 Jan 2009, 21:38
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by mailman337 »

Its the peak of xmas pressure, you're slaving away at a crammed tso box, mr or mrs public comes up: "Are you emptying the box??" :roll:

Its the peak of xmas pressure, you're slaving away at a crammed tso box, mr or mrs public comes up: "Are you getting busy now ??" :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

:cuppa
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss
Pegman
Posts: 373
Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 22:41
Gender: Male
Location: The Deep South

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by Pegman »

Delivered a packet on Saturday

Customer said "Are you on strike" because you're late !!

My reply was

No I'm not on strike, if I was I wouldn't be here, but if you like I can take these back and deliver them Monday so it feels like I'm on strike :dance

He suddenly looked very confused :Very Happy
http://www.onlyoneunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

100% United, 100% Unofficial
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

PLEASE DON'T FORGET WE HAVE NATIONAL PRESS AND JOURNALISTS LURKING ON HERE SO PLEASE TRY TO USE INOFFENSIVE LANGUAGE WHEN DISCUSSING THE PUBLIC - WE DON'T WANT TO GIVE THEM MORE AMMO - THEY HAVE ENOUGH ALREADY

Yes CAPS LOCK are on - on purpose.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by OnAFlyer »

There's an old guy on my walk that says 'you're late, have you had a lie in' - at 11am, and he still says it despite me delivering to him for over 7 years :chuckle

A woman that comes to the door when I have a packet, asks who it is and when I tell her it's the Postman, she says 'Well i'm not opening the door' :arrrghhh Ok, have a 739 then 'cos i'm not leaving it outside :whistle
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by janitor »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:PLEASE DON'T FORGET WE HAVE NATIONAL PRESS AND JOURNALISTS LURKING ON HERE SO PLEASE TRY TO USE INOFFENSIVE LANGUAGE WHEN DISCUSSING THE PUBLIC - WE DON'T WANT TO GIVE THEM MORE AMMO - THEY HAVE ENOUGH ALREADY

Yes CAPS LOCK are on - on purpose.
But why if we don't give them ammo they will just make it up.