ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Llandudno Lifesaver - Postman

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Llandudno Lifesaver - Postman

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news ... 5460038.jp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Woman on the mend after postman heard calls for help

Published Date:
15 July 2009
By Anna Glover

A POSTMAN has been hailed a hero after he saved the life of an elderly lady.

Andy Jones, 22, a Royal Mail worker, was carrying out his daily round in Llandudno. He entered a block of flats in Clarence Park, Craig Y Don, and heard a cry for help. He carried on delivering post to the other flats as he was sure he had mis-heard, but as he passed one of the doors he could hear a lady scream.

Andy, who works as a volunteer for Llandudno Lifeboat Team, said: "I looked through the letter box and saw a woman laying on the floor. I called an ambulance, but she was distressed. I had just finished a first aid course and I couldn't just leave her."

Andy used his weight to push the door open and comforted the lady until the ambulance arrived. He said: "She said she had been there for two days. She had fallen and had just had a spinal operation.

"She couldn't move, she hadn't taken her medication and hadn't eaten. She was black and blue, she had also broken her hip. I don't think anyone would have heard her, I'm so glad I did."

David Winter, a neighbour who lives in the same block of flats, said the postworker had been courageous. He said: "He was a hero. He could have possibly saved her life, she had fallen and had broken her hip. It could have be worse."

When Andy was sure the lady was safe and in an ambulance he carried on with the rest of his post round.

Mark Hughes, Delivery Office Manager at Llandudno Delivery Office, said postmen and postwomen make daily deliveries to all 27 million addresses in the UK and are often the first at the scene of house fires, road accidents, robberies and domestic emergencies. He said: "Andrew is a very unassuming person, but what he did was incredibly heroic, kind hearted and above and beyond the call of duty.

"We are all very proud of him. We also understand that the lady concerned is now on the mend from her ordeal and we all wish her a speedy full recovery."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.