ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman saves couple's wedding
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman saves couple's wedding
An envelope containing a couple's missing wedding rings arrived with just hours to go to their church ceremony.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8148685.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8148685.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Postman saves couple's wedding
In years to come they might wish the rings hadn't turned up and it had all been called off. 
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Postman saves couple's wedding
Why?
Getting Married was the best decision I ever made. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Getting Married was the best decision I ever made. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Postman saves couple's wedding
Did your wife make you say thatandy2007 wrote:Why?
Getting Married was the best decision I ever made. I'd recommend it to anyone.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Postman saves couple's wedding
Marriage is good for Lawyers, Divorces is a money spinner. 
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Yikes!
My wifes happily marriedandy2007 wrote:Come on, surely there must be someone else out there, who's happily Married?
Or am I just incredibly lucky?
And no. My Wife didn't make me say that.![]()
I really hope she doesn't read this or I really in trouble
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
-
ghostgirl
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 06 Apr 2008, 00:44
Re: Yikes!
I'm happily married....but 2nd time for me...first one lasted 7yrs and I wasn't happy for most of it, think I was too young and was one of those people who thought I knew everything but knew nothing, but I've been very happily married to my hubby now for 10 years.andy2007 wrote:Come on, surely there must be someone else out there, who's happily Married?
Or am I just incredibly lucky?
And no. My Wife didn't make me say that.![]()
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Yikes!
I too have been happily married for ten years, I'm not too sure which of the ten from the 37 years they were but there must have been at least ...................................... sorry got to go the wifes ordering me to ........................ghostgirl wrote:I'm happily married....but 2nd time for me...first one lasted 7yrs and I wasn't happy for most of it, think I was too young and was one of those people who thought I knew everything but knew nothing, but I've been very happily married to my hubby now for 10 years.andy2007 wrote:Come on, surely there must be someone else out there, who's happily Married?
Or am I just incredibly lucky?
And no. My Wife didn't make me say that.![]()
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postman saves couple's wedding
My grandad used to say Marriage is like staying at a very expensive hotel. Getting in is ok and all the extras are brilliant, its the final bill when you leave thats the killer.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman saves couple's wedding
I can certainly relate to the expensive bit but extras?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:My grandad used to say Marriage is like staying at a very expensive hotel. Getting in is ok and all the extras are brilliant, its the final bill when you leave thats the killer.
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Postman saves couple's wedding
That's a relief. I was beginning to think I was the only one on here, who's more in Love now, than when I Married my Wife.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman saves couple's wedding
NWpostie wrote:Marriage is good for Lawyers, Divorces is a money spinner.