norbert wrote:unusual way of spreading christmas cheerstokes11eg wrote:Should read REPUTATION.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful
The mind boggles.-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
-
Post Off
- Posts: 268
- Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 15:13
Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful
Ha! You do not know me. I see no slight in you, therefore you cannot accuse me of seeing slights in everyone. Of course there are bigger issues, and I would normally ignore such columnists, as not to do so may fuel their egotistic sense of proportion.Tman wrote:Who's "belittling who we are because of what we do", then? Don't see that in my post, but then are you another one who sees slights in every situation?We're just defending our stance. Should we just stand aside and let observations like yours' belittle who we are because of what we do?
I'm just saying there's bigger issues to worry about than some hack columnist writing about some chav delivery driver.
We posties do things differently, but we still get shot at!
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
-
Thorby Bislam
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 495
- Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: Desolation Row
Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful
He's a guy who makes a living out of being offended or angry at something (anything) and then writing a column in his paper about it.bexhil palace wrote:No idea who he is.
He's also a rank hypocrite. Below is one of his rants to his long-suffering sub-editors, in which he repeatedly employs the kind of language he is complaining about in the above quote.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jul/23/mediamonkey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
-
Tman
- Posts: 4144
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful
Thorby's seems to make sense to me. I dunno Links, what are you on about now?
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful
I suspect that he's referring to the fact that this time: A misunderstanding (I suspect), between Tman and Post Off, didn't turn into a slanging match, as has happened in other threads recently.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
Tman
- Posts: 4144
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful
If so, that implies Links is a grade one Brown-nose.
[I wonder if he's that postie who always gets in early to make the DOM a nice cup of coffee..
]
[I wonder if he's that postie who always gets in early to make the DOM a nice cup of coffee..
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful
I would very much doubt that.Tman wrote: [I wonder if he's that postie who always gets in early to make the DOM a nice cup of coffee..]
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful
Why?Tman wrote:If so, that implies Links is a grade one Brown-nose.
[I wonder if he's that postie who always gets in early to make the DOM a nice cup of coffee..]
Do you, like the threads to turn into slanging matches, or stay as useful debates?
Please bear in mind that, I'm only assuming that, that is what he meant. But quite frankly, for a few weeks, we went through a period where you simply couldn't have a reasoned debate about anything important. I for one, am relieved that things seem to be calming down now.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32787
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful
Tman give it a rest,move on to another 'real-world' thread there's over 16000 of them for you to chose from,get stuck in and help our fellow colleagues out in them.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.