ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by Lounge Lizard »

The delivery was probably from a TNT or DHL van but he changed it to Parcelforce to make it more newsworthy while privatisation and strikes are the issues of the day.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Well - joking aside, I would be bloody irate myself if someone pulled up outside my house with ANY sort of music blaring out of the vehicle, obscene or not, man, woman or in betweeny - I would ask them politely to turn it off - or as polite as the day permitted - and I'm not known as a pleasant person :wink: In fact I can't think of any retail or public utility customer relations who hasn't slammed the phone down on me at one time or another.
Would this still be the case if it was D.G.P playing the dancing Queen?
:so there
Do you mean "playing" the dancing queen or playing the "Dancing Queen" - there is a difference you know :angel
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by stokes11eg »

:shock: you being the expert, will need to decide this.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by stokes11eg »

stokes11eg wrote::shock: you being the expert, will need to decide this.
Image
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::shock: you being the expert, will need to decide this.
Image
Yep - that's the one right enough - although it looks more like rocky horror - I'm not certain but there is a hint of fishnet there :wink:
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by stokes11eg »

ImageO'K. you win. i'll o back to being serious now.
Post Off
Posts: 268
Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 15:13

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by Post Off »

Obviously, this Giles Coren has no regard for anyone but himself -- he's simply looking to bolster his column.

...All we ever wanted was the truth, but we got was an arseh*le with a big mouthful.
We posties do things differently, but we still get shot at!

Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
norbert
Posts: 3027
Joined: 15 Jan 2008, 01:46

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by norbert »

Post Off wrote:Obviously, this Giles Coren has no regard for anyone but himself -- he's simply looking to bolster his column.

...All we ever wanted was the truth, but we got was an arseh*le with a big mouthful.
just melodramatic self obsessed waffle , but he's giving his Political Editor what he wants to hear , you have to look at that paper's stance on privatization / RM IR or even on Mandy / New Labour .

The Drip Effect - it's been done a thousand times before , any little thing i.e. Postman jumps out of the park bushes in his mac and frightens somebody's maiden Aunty Joan to death ( Could be Disgruntled :hmmmm :Very Happy ) , he's in front of the beak , normally it would be a small column in a poxy local rag but the nationals put it in as a novelty item .
Tman
Posts: 4144
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by Tman »

You lot do like to over- dramatise any little event or story, don't you?

As if RM staff haven't got enough "real-world" issues to be going on with. :roll:
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by stokes11eg »

norbert wrote:
Post Off wrote:Obviously, this Giles Coren has no regard for anyone but himself -- he's simply looking to bolster his column.

...All we ever wanted was the truth, but we got was an arseh*le with a big mouthful.
just melodramatic self obsessed waffle , but he's giving his Political Editor what he wants to hear , you have to look at that paper's stance on privatization / RM IR or even on Mandy / New Labour .

The Drip Effect - it's been done a thousand times before , any little thing i.e. Postman jumps out of the park bushes in his mac and frightens somebody's maiden Aunty Joan to death ( Could be Disgruntled :hmmmm :Very Happy ) , he's in front of the beak , normally it would be a small column in a poxy local rag but the nationals put it in as a novelty item .
ImagePoor disgruntled, his reputatin proceeds him.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by stokes11eg »

Should read REPUTATION. :crazy:
norbert
Posts: 3027
Joined: 15 Jan 2008, 01:46

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by norbert »

stokes11eg wrote:Should read REPUTATION. :crazy:
the unusual way of spreading christmas cheer upset a few people :hmmmm :left:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by norbert on 22 Jun 2009, 13:30, edited 2 times in total.
Post Off
Posts: 268
Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 15:13

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by Post Off »

Tman wrote:You lot do like to over- dramatise any little event or story, don't you?

As if RM staff haven't got enough "real-world" issues to be going on with. :roll:
We're just defending our stance. Should we just stand aside and let observations like yours' belittle who we are because of what we do?

norbert's observations are quite right of course, but from the majority of commenting on the article itself there is now such a sophistication of like-wise minds that one wonders if a column like Giles's can carry on perpetuating these same old burned out and tarnished views.
We posties do things differently, but we still get shot at!

Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote:Should read REPUTATION. :crazy:
No - of course it shouldn't - he no longer has a reputation :Very Happy It hangs in tatters....................
Tman
Posts: 4144
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Re: All I wanted was a parcel. I got an earful

Post by Tman »

We're just defending our stance. Should we just stand aside and let observations like yours' belittle who we are because of what we do?
Who's "belittling who we are because of what we do", then? Don't see that in my post, but then are you another one who sees slights in every situation?
I'm just saying there's bigger issues to worry about than some hack columnist writing about some chav delivery driver.