ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

My Cheque from RM has just cleared.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fmrPOSTIE
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 674
Joined: 29 Oct 2008, 20:52
Gender: Male

Re: My Cheque from RM has just cleared.

Post by fmrPOSTIE »

How long have 1hr contracts been around? Part time contracts are fine with a view to getting f/t hours but this is ridiculous, if RM only asked them to do their contracted hours how many would survive on 1hrs pay a week. I didnt know anyone on these types of contracts...
singingpostman
Posts: 148
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 14:22

Re: My Cheque from RM has just cleared.

Post by singingpostman »

whitemoor66 wrote:
singingpostman wrote:This comment was made by my DOM to me this morning " a couple of weeks ago we all had e-mails saying that one hour contracts had to go", so looks as if RM are taking notice of this decision. :Applause
Do you know anymore?
I have written for the reasoning behind my judgement to the ET and my letter has been acknowledged about just over a week ago, as soon as I get it, I will post it on here.
Has there been any reaction from the CWU either locally or nationally, bearing in mind that they seemed ignorant or wanted to duck the issue of one hour contracts whilst I was a postie?
I only know of one young lad thats been promised a 5 hour contract in place of a one hour one, as for the CWU, they dont care cos lets be honest how many people with one hour contracts are likely to be union memebers.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: My Cheque from RM has just cleared.

Post by stokes11eg »

:sad: Yes, and this is the most worrying thing. Because the Unions have allowed this, they must be seeing a huge reduction in the rank and file.Are billy and his band of men trying to destroy the union?