I have done several walks in my district - which is probably not one of the more well-off ones - and I have never come across what you've experienced. I mean, it sounds horrible. I wonder if yours is just an isolated area. Has it always been this bad, or has it gradually got worse over the years?Thorby Bislam wrote:My apologies for the vulgarity, but the thing that annoys me more than anything else is customers letting their dogs s**t in the street. I've got a pretty reasonable walk, all things considered. Of course, there are some of the minor irritants that have already mentioned, but even so it's far better than a lot of others. Except for one thing. Dog s**t everywhere. And I do mean EVERYWHERE. You would have to see it to believe it.
I'm not talking about the occasional turd. Oh, no, that wouldn't matter. I'm talking about both sides of every street being liberally smeared and befouled with dog s**t. Not in the gutter. On the pavement. And as often as not, directly outside the gates. Different sizes and amounts of s**t. Liquid s**t is the worst. the smell in summer is indescribable.
And I think the worst aspect is that I have to be constantly alert, looking out for s**t, so that I dont stand in it or run the bike through it. I sympathise with the householders who want their gate shutting. If I lived in a shitty area like that, I'd want my gate shutting too.
And get this. There is one address that doesn't let their dog out to s**t in the street. Their dog's toilet is the garden and their gate is always shut. But they never clear it up. NEVER. There is s**t in their garden that's been there all year. I really have to pick my way carefully when walking down the path to the front door. The guy was leaning out of an upstairs window, a couple of months back and he asked me to shut his gate. I asked him to clean his dog s**t up. But he hasn't.
By now, you probably think I'm exaggerating. I'm not.
I report things on the street to the local council. It can be a bit hit-and-miss with them, but the last thing they did was very good: fixing a group of broken paving slabs: and they did a very neat job, too!
Try: http://www.fixmystreet.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or theyworkforyou.com (the latter to contact your MP, if you get no joy).