ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM Driving Test

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
saintsnut
Posts: 95
Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 14:11
Gender: Male

Re: RM Driving Test

Post by saintsnut »

teruah wrote:if you have already passed your driving test, why do have to pass another one?
I believe it's to do with RM insurance and employers public liability and also to show how competent you are!!!! Points on licence don't mean you get the prize!!!!! :dance
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: RM Driving Test

Post by dvbuk55 »

disgruntledpostie1 wrote:Unless you run over a group of school kids or crash into the examiners car you'll pass, all you do is drive around in the biggest van the office has for about 30 minutes to make sure you're not a complete maniac.
Even that won't fail you - I passed and so did disgruntled - though he did have his hand on the examiners knee :shock: :left: We had a long wheeled base something or other with a very high roof, which we called the dome, but I can't remember what we used it for but I think it was something to do with cash.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: RM Driving Test

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
disgruntledpostie1 wrote:Unless you run over a group of school kids or crash into the examiners car you'll pass, all you do is drive around in the biggest van the office has for about 30 minutes to make sure you're not a complete maniac.
Even that won't fail you - I passed and so did disgruntled - though he did have his hand on the examiners knee :shock: :left: We had a long wheeled base something or other with a very high roof, which we called the dome, but I can't remember what we used it for but I think it was something to do with cash.
It wasn't his knee I had my hand on :nervous anyway we had ours in a LDV Convoy :crazy: but as I had driven larger it didn't matter to me :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
pony
Posts: 104
Joined: 10 Mar 2009, 17:18
Gender: Male

Re: RM Driving Test

Post by pony »

Its really easy.
Just driving around for an hour maybe and probably go to a DO and reverse in to show you can park up properly and not hit stuff.
You'll probably be talking most of the time about royal mail and slagging it off.
Very relaxed,nothing too taxing.
uprising95
Posts: 321
Joined: 30 Aug 2008, 12:44
Gender: Male

Re: RM Driving Test

Post by uprising95 »

hahaha true very true

its dead easy i did it just after xmas
i found out ive picked up some very bad habits though
like slowing down after a 30 sign for a 60 mph zone :chuckle
Heavy Bags Or What
Dandadda76
Posts: 1
Joined: 29 Feb 2020, 08:46
Gender: Male

RM Driving Test

Post by Dandadda76 »

I work for Royal Mail but don’t have a driving licence does anyone know if Royal Mail can pay for driving lessons
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

RM Driving Test

Post by k979aaa »

Dandadda76 wrote:I work for Royal Mail but don’t have a driving licence does anyone know if Royal Mail can pay for driving lessons
Ha Ha nearly fell off my chair laughing they cannot even pay Overtime right never mind Driving lessons.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

RM Driving Test

Post by k979aaa »

Here is how you pass your RM driving test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGT08670Xds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; do this 60 times a day and you will complete on time.