ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by DGP1 »

Himaggen wrote:
disgruntledpostie1 wrote:Those people who get all the parcels need one of these http://www.parcelsafeuk.com/
All well and good, but I've only ever seen one of those, and I'm guessing that I was not the first caller of the day, because it was already locked!
I have one and I've yet to put anything in it, all the parcels have been too big but since I was in a van it didn't really matter.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
carpbarbel
Posts: 88
Joined: 03 Jan 2009, 12:56
Gender: Male
Location: bucks

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by carpbarbel »

reagarding parcelsafe, rm should have come up with the idea first or even now promote it, remember the courier saying no door stepping i have one customer with one and its good come on rm wake up
bittybrooker
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 22:24
Gender: Female

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by bittybrooker »

Hi,
I buy loads off ebay and as i work during the week and my husband works nights we bought a parcelsafe, but our postman adamantly refuses to use it for anything that requires a signature saying he is "Not allowed to by Royal Mail", its a nightmare I have to have everything redelivered the following saturday.
Is this standard policy anyone please or is he just being funny?
Thanks
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by POSTMAN »

bittybrooker wrote:Hi,
I buy loads off ebay and as i work during the week and my husband works nights we bought a parcelsafe, but our postman adamantly refuses to use it for anything that requires a signature saying he is "Not allowed to by Royal Mail", its a nightmare I have to have everything redelivered the following saturday.
Is this standard policy anyone please or is he just being funny?
Thanks
No,the postie is not being funny,someone has sent you something that requires a signature,you,or someone in your house HAS to sign it.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
bittybrooker
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 22:24
Gender: Female

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by bittybrooker »

Thanks for confirming, but it does seem crazy as each parcelsafe has a unique code which is supposed to be our authorisation for the parcel to be left in lieu of a signature, DHL, Interlink, UPS, Hermes and HDNL have all used this system when delivering parcels to us and they all require a signature infact RM is the only company who have refused.
I've started to get anything recorded or registered delivered to work now as it is too much of a pain as our postman doesn't come until between 11.30am and 12.30pm on a Saturday so if i have to wait in for him to redeliver half my days gone .
Think the RM should reconsider this policy tho, i'd be happy to sign a waiver to say that my unique code is sufficient instead of my signature, i know my postie wouldn't abuse it and it would save him [and lots of others from reading the rest of the posts] from having to keep redelivering parcels that require a signature.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by POSTMAN »

One possible way to do it is to write to the delivery office manager and give permission for any signed for's to be signed for by the postie and put in.

Have i written that right lol.

That way the postie will be covered.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
bittybrooker
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 22:24
Gender: Female

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by bittybrooker »

Great thanks, i'll try that, much appreciated
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by DGP1 »

The signature is required by the sender (the person who pays) so I wouldn't sign for them myself (even with permission).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by Straight4ward »

I buy loads off ebay and as i work - - - -
Why don't you have the items delivered to your place of work, unless they are enormous (unlikely given that we are delivering them)?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote:
marie wrote:me = if they're not in on the second attempt, I scribble out the the redelivery info on the P739
:nana I particularly hate it when the people you re-deliver to phone in and say they never heard you at the door, when you know you have almost kicked the blasted thing in.!
Vandal! :chuckle
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by Caniel »

Some of the people on my delivery that get packets regular I have asked if they have a neighbour or a safe place they don't mind me leaving the packets at to save them a trip to the callers office. I've not asked them to put it in writing tho :hmmmm Might do that so I'm covered if it goes missing. Regarding re-deliveries, we have been told at my office that customers get 3 attempts then after the 3rd the items sits in the callers for 3 weeks from the date of the last p739 1 week in the case of Specials. Further requests for re-delivery are rejected although a Local Collect is still offered.

In all honesty most items are delivered the second time round and even if they aren't the customer normally comes and collects it, you do get piss takers tho that just keep requesting it and then aren't home :evil/mad
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by POSTMAN »

we have been told at my office that customers get 3 attempts then after the 3rd the items sits in the callers for 3 weeks from the date of the last p739
That is soooooo wrong.
We,Royal Mail (and no i don't like it either) have to redeliver as many times as it takes within the time period.
IE:Recorded 1 week,Tracked 2 weeks,and others 3 weeks.
To then hold an item for the above length of time after the '3rd' 739 could be say over 6 weeks from when it was 1st sent,WTF!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by Caniel »

POSTMAN wrote:
we have been told at my office that customers get 3 attempts then after the 3rd the items sits in the callers for 3 weeks from the date of the last p739
That is soooooo wrong.
We,Royal Mail (and no i don't like it either) have to redeliver as many times as it takes within the time period.
IE:Recorded 1 week,Tracked 2 weeks,and others 3 weeks.
To then hold an item for the above length of time after the '3rd' 739 could be say over 6 weeks from when it was 1st sent,WTF!
Stuff sits in the callers for months before it gets returned :crazy: When I worked in there if I started killing stuff off that had been sitting there for close to 4 months I'd get moaned at because a queue had built up at the counter.
brandydoguk
Posts: 53
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 10:26
Gender: Male

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by brandydoguk »

A guy who delivers from our office had an e-bayer who was never in during the week to receive all their packets. He suggested she contact the manager with a written instruction that any packets that wouldn't go through the letterbox were held back until Saturday when they'd be in. The manager was happy to accomodate but can you imagine what Saturdays would be like if everybody did this?
jaylime
Posts: 331
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!

Post by jaylime »

I was always told customers only get one re-delivery,so if there not in i just take it back same as Punk.