johnnyp wrote:I got a letter today from Rob Jenson Area manager South London invitng a guest(THE MISSUS) and myself to a long service awards dinner on 16 june at the Hilton Hotel Tower Bridge London.IT starts with a drinks reception at 6.00pm,then a 3 course dinner with wine,followed by a disco,finishing at 12.30am.Drinks tokens will be provided,and overnight
accommodation is available(£149 PER PERSON).Its in recognition of employes with 20,30,40,50 years service(ive done 21).Has anybody else been invited if so ,i will see you there.
I went to one a few years back. I quaffed as much champers as I could in the foyer, before we went in the big room for a meal. Me and the Mrs got rat arsed, snaffling down the bottles of red wine on the table. There was a gaffer on our table who kept going up the bar for us

. Then some top brass manager got on stage and started to thank us all for our hard work over the years, blah blah blah. I was mashed by now, so me and the Mrs sneaked off home. Not a bad night for free, but fook me, talk about boring conversations about Royal Mail. "Ooh, how long have you been a postman?" and "hasn't the job changed over the years." Jeez, give me a rope will ya.